Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[I in APHID] Have we missed something?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tiltingwindward
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: [I in APHID] Have we missed something? Reply with quote

I hope I'm not on a wild goose chase here, but I have the feeling that we might be getting clues/hints from the PMs and not picking up on them. I first became concerned when we started getting messages from Brother (via the gemmers19 account) referencing language lessons. In the past, when Brother, Tachyon, or OpA has made a seemingly random reference multiple times, it usually means there's something we're missing and they're trying to clue us in on it. Then, when I was watching the newest LG15 video, "Purple Monkey Returns," Daniel mentioned a movie: "Point Break" with Patrick Swayze. Now, maybe this is just a Pavlovian reaction, but the mention of an early '90s movie (1991) which also happens to have Keanu Reeves in it rouses my suspicions.

Also, diastres found this (but she can't load it, so I'm posting it here), which ascend posted in the OpA Email Archive awhile ago (the last page):
http://i10.tinypic.com/2qd76tc.png

One more thing that just occured to me: why is Brother posting for Tachyon on Tachyon's account? Does that seem fishy to anyone else?

I'm not really sure where to go from here, or even how to tie these things together, but it seems to me that we might be overlooking something. Thoughts?

Last edited by tiltingwindward on Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
sphinx
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tilt, I was thinking the same thing and messaged Brother thru gemmers19 about language lessons and decoder rings. All I got back was that he was "down for speaking the 'international language' with me" and wanting my pic.

I haven't received a reply from the gmail account since the Gemma vids / Sebastian/brother emails.

I've tried various redirects using language lessons etc., and checked for YT accounts etc..

As far as the Point Break reference, I couldn't help you. I saw that movie at the theater many moons ago and don't remember much about it except for the general plot.

I've had this feeling before... part of me thinks that there have been little loose ends and oversights all along. I think the PM gets creative and takes another approach if we miss anything tho.

Last edited by sphinx on Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
diastres
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mentioned this to tilt, but I thought I'd post it here:

I believe Op has mentioned Point Break in an email to someone. If anyone can find it, that'd be great. I'm looking too.

EDIT: NM, found it. See Tilt's original post.

Last edited by diastres on Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:06 pm; edited 3 times in total
Ganesha
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 'language lessons' references Better Off Dead, which I believe was previously used in an OpAphid puzzle.

I suppose the movie title may be construed as an enigmatic hint/clue. Or, it could be pointing back to the puzzle wherein that movie, and possibly that quote, played a role.
tiltingwindward
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ganesha, language.lessons@gmail.com is also the email address Tachyon used to communicate with us when we were solving the puzzles that led us to the Gemma-Sebastian and Tach-Brother emails. Possibly we need to use that email again? I don't know. It just stands out for me because it was used in previous puzzles and now it's popping up again.
ladron121
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I emailed the language.lessons email as soon as I saw the update on Tachyon's profile, got no response as of yet.
girlAnachronism
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There seems to be a chick-flick-ish, 80s theme in all these movies. Do they have any actors in common? I've only seen several of these movies so I'm not quite sure.
covedweller

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Odd idea:

In Point Break, Keanu knew Swayze's character and they were close but he didn't know Swayze was one of the Ex-Presidents.

Maybe Tachyon knew Op in the order, but didn't know that person was in OpAphid. I don't think it would be Gemma, but maybe it's another character we haven't been told about yet.

As for the language lessons thing, I think that was heads up we might have to decode something else this week?
bethy
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few days ago, it DID occur to me that we might be mising something...it just seemed odd that we havent anything interactive for 3 1/2 weeks now. But, as a newb to the ARG, I thought maybe that was normal or part of the game or something and I didn't say anything beacause I would have probably looked silly.

I'm glad you bright it up, Tilt.
stuart2004
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I am gonna get into trouble for
A.double posting and

B. this being the wrong thread

but this is an email from Oppy ......thought it might be relevant

I posted this once before but I couldnt seem to find it tonight.

BTW TILT how was the punctaution[/b]

Edit: WOOT WOOT CLASS PARTAAAAYYYYYYYY

antagonist of the LG Defense Force

Last edited by stuart2004 on Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:01 am; edited 1 time in total
mymindislost
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There could be a correlation to... something or other with those movies.

Point Break has to do with infiltration of an organization, however loosely the surfers were actually organized. As we all know, Tachyon infiltrated OpAphid. The movie kind of makes the viewer sympathize with the bank robbers, who mirror OpAphid in this situation, and Utah, who mirrors Tachyon, eventually betrays his original mission out of empathy for Bodhi, the leader of the bank robbers. Here's a link to the Wikipedia article for further plot points.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Point_Break_%28movie%29

Perhaps OpAphid is trying to get us on her side?

The Prophecy has to do with betrayal, like the way Tachyon betrayed OpAphid. I can't really come up with a good idea of which characters in the movie represent Tachyon or OpAphid or Brother, but I did have an idea that Thomas, whose character is kind of caught up in the middle, might represent us, the people solving all of these puzzles and kind of caught in the middle of the fight between OpAphid and her enemies, Tachyon and Brother. Here's a link to the Wikipedia article for further plot points.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Prophecy

Anyway, I'm just throwing out ideas. Any more?
cynicar
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing that I'm able to pull from all these mentions (mostly because I haven't seen the movies in question) is that maybe Jonas is connected to Op somehow?

When Jonas first started name dropping movies from our puzzles, people started speculating that he was associated with Tach (hence the unending "Is Brother Jonas" threads Rolling Eyes). Maybe the idea was right but the connection was wrong.

Name in the irc: Kingaman
tiltingwindward
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before we start making assumptions about Jonas again, let's remember that the person mentioning "Point Break" was Daniel. To our knowledge, Daniel has occasional direct contact with Tachyon, but has never communicated with or been contacted by OpA. In fact, Daniel might not even know that OpA exists (OpA the individual, that is, not the organization--I think even Bree has guessed that the Order might have a law enforcement wing). OpA is the one who has made the "Point Break" references--again, to our knowledge, Tachyon has never mentioned this movie.

I think the summaries provided above for "Point Break" are extremely helpful, because OpA is famous for wanting us to solve puzzles through text analysis and interpretation (whereas Tach/Brother prefer the more straightforward method of coding everything into oblivion). Thanks to those who provided those synopses; let's all keep our eyes out for other potential clues like this. Remember, LG15 is not a subtle show. Bree, Daniel, and Jonas are not like Tachyon and Brother. If they want us to know something, the relevant information will stand out like a suckling pig at a vegetarian cookout. Don't try to read too much into LG15. The subtleties and secret signs will come from OpA/Tachyon/Brother.

Stuart: You are doing a much better job with the punctuation...and your post was entirely on topic. I award you one point for good behavior. If you earn 25, we can have a class party. Very Happy
covedweller

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This might be meta, but we have no clue who is writing what these days on either side of things.
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen a lot of point break refrences in the game. I think they've been asking us to look for a clue there from the start.
I, personally, didn't think of this until reading this thread. I, also, haven't seen the movie and have no idea what it's about.
But I think that we should have a closer look at the movie.

In movies we have looked for what clues? Clocks, time and numbers.
In Point Break, how often do we looks at these things? I'm assuming, where Daniel mentioned robbers it is about robbers. Therefore, i'm assuming the time plays a very important part of the movie.

I also believe that there has been mention of both Point Break and The Prophecy by Tachyon. i can't really back this up, but i think she has made reference to the movies somewhere. I'll be a little busy today with family issues, so I'll encourage a search of the puzzles and emails. Don't have to if you don't want to, but I encourage it.

Tilt, thank you for starting this thread. I've been feeling the same thing for a little while. Every LG15 movie refrence within the past little while, OpAphid or Tachyon has refrenced as well, so it's making me curious. But when there was mention about Point Break, it kind of slapped me across the face, as there as been many emails from OpAphid refrencing Point Break and The Prophecy together. Thank You Tilt!

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> OpAphid: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: