Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LA Gathering
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you attend a lonelygirl15 convention in LA California?
Yes
34%
 34%  [ 36 ]
No, unfortunately I wouldnt be able to attend
65%
 65%  [ 67 ]
Total Votes : 103

Cuddlebunni
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too love the idea of local bands...

Oooh, how about Jacqueline Nassar? She could come sing "window". Smile

There are so many fun ideas we can include...

We definently need a firm date.. and the later the better. The more info we have about the meeting, the more people will want to register. And we definently NEED to start registration soon.

I am assuming a weekend would be the best option. Last weekend in August? Or even September? The last weekend in August is the 25th/26th.

ForeverMourn is my LG15 soulmate. Smile
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think right now we're looking too big.
right now, you'll need to think about a small gathering. Maybe rent out a confrence room at a local restaurant, and that should be fine. No more then 100 people msot probably.

Unless, like someone mentioned, we pimp this out on Youtube and Myspace. Then we might need a reception room at a hotel, but probably nothing bigger then that.

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cuddlebunni
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted to add this suggestion:

Any forum members in the LA area who are willing to provide a place to stay for some out of towners, please let us know.

I know this is a touchy subject, and safety is a concern. Always be cautious when opening your home to people you only know online.

But I still wanted to throw that out there as a suggestion. Some people coming from out of state will be spending a lot on air ticket etc, so if we can provide a place to stay and food for them, I think it may help.

If you dont necessarily want to open your home, maybe still offer transportion to and from the convention for these folks. HOtels may be cheaper for them farther away from the venue, and transportation can be costly. So that my help as well.

We want to have as many people attend as possible. Anything we can do to help, lets do it.

chershaytoute

Location: Oregon with an ocean view...across the neighbors' cow pasture, wow!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linc, while I would love to see everyone that has a "LonelyCrack" habit join us, I have a hunch that this time around, we'll be looking at a smaller gathering. IOW, I don't personally think we're going to be huge this time...but better watch out the next time around!

I'm of the come-one, come-all persuasion. The Creators have made the Breeniverse an LG15 world so that we'd have a full spectrum of folks...I think all viewers/community members should be welcome, general fans, ARG fans, spin-off folks, everyone!

Also, as far as age...I do think we're expecting folks to be "self-reliant," at the very least... Very Happy

On timing... Ahhh...and if we're willing to "fudge" the last weekend idea, we could possibly grab Labor Day weekend, since it's a three-day?

WWggD - let's make the Breeniverse a better place to live...

Thanks to giddeanx for the coolest personal glue stick ever!
colbertnationgirl
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brick wall

Why in LA?

Brick wall
Linc
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chershaytoute wrote:
Linc, while I would love to see everyone that has a "LonelyCrack" habit join us, I have a hunch that this time around, we'll be looking at a smaller gathering. IOW, I don't personally think we're going to be huge this time...but better watch out the next time around!

Exactly - the first one's always small. The hurdle to clear is just to make it happen.

Second time around, the next hurdle is to get it popular.

I'm thinking two places this time around - a nice, open restaurant during the day, and then a bar when night hits.
Cuddlebunni
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I see this is going to be small.. But the plus of that is more one on one interaction. Smile

I am going to start looking at hotel banquet rooms and restaurants. Any suggestions appreciated.

colbertnationgirl
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linc wrote:
chershaytoute wrote:

Exactly - the first one's always small. The hurdle to clear is just to make it happen.

Second time around, the next hurdle is to get it popular.

I'm thinking two places this time around - a nice, open restaurant during the day, and then a bar when night hits.
Actually, your problem is that it's in LA. Most people, whether or not they would like to come, just can't.
xentis
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for me too attend I'm going to need the date way in advanced, so i can book the plane ticket and hotel etc etc

problem would be a car, I've never rented one before so not sure how it works

also depends on how much money i have,i can help some of you out if you wish, like give money thro paypal or something like that but only
IF its ONLY going to be used to get there or somehow related

Last edited by xentis on Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cuddlebunni
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We understand that a lot of people are too far from LA. We do want to plan other events in other areas to be fair, but for right now we are planning this one in LA and we will see how it goes.

If it is a success, the creators may choose to have events planned in other areas.

That is why I want this one to go so smoothly, so there is oppurtunity for additional ones in the future.

RoseCrowley
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I emailed this to Cuddlebunni, but throught I'd post it here too...
http://www.lacclink.com/

Click on services provided, then meeting space. They have a lot of options! Never been to Cali before, but would love to come if I can get the time off!!

TTT:Granted, but the fairy takes your credit card instead of leaving money and gets like fifty lap dances w/ it.

Mawhahaha!
Cuddlebunni
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xentis wrote:
for me too attend I'm going to need the date way in advanced, so i can book the plane ticket and hotel etc etc

problem would be a car, I've never rented one before so not sure how it works

We will hopefully have a set date by the end of this week. I am hoping to get an accurate count of people attending so we can reserve a location and start the registration process.

Me and Diane are committed to make this happen. We will make sure to keep you all updated as far as the plans are concerned.

Renting a car shouldn't be too much hassle, although I think you may need to be a certain age to do so. Like I mentioned in an earlier post, some local members can offer transportion services if they want to those coming in from out of state. That would help A LOT!

xentis
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya i know but i want to go to the first one, moneys not really a issue right now at least its just having the tickets for the plane and stuff

cause I've done the math on how much to stay a day there just in case of a drop if the ARG comes back and i just received some money because of easter so if i still have it all saved I'm good and will have plenty left
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
RoseCrowley
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we had about 300 people, the theatre would be nice (411 concourse meeting room) It is about 650$...

Depending on if you can get the booking and the amount of people going, each fan could pay about 5 dollars to pay for the location!

That doesn't sound to bad...

Has anyone ever been to this convention center before?

TTT:Granted, but the fairy takes your credit card instead of leaving money and gets like fifty lap dances w/ it.

Mawhahaha!
RoseCrowley
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile

Mawhahaha!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Suggestions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 8 of 17

Jump to: