Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LA Gathering
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you attend a lonelygirl15 convention in LA California?
Yes
34%
 34%  [ 36 ]
No, unfortunately I wouldnt be able to attend
65%
 65%  [ 67 ]
Total Votes : 103

voyboy
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course this will depend on where people are staying but...

Burbank still has a very small and very non conjested airport.

A great alternative to LAX (yuck).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
megs229
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would really love to attend something like this. Only two problems: 1) Airfair alone is going to cost me about $300 plus hotel and food and all that stuff. 2) It is the week that I start back to college. hmmm It is soooo tempting though. Arrggghhhh
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

megs229 wrote:
I would really love to attend something like this. Only two problems: 1) Airfair alone is going to cost me about $300 plus hotel and food and all that stuff. 2) It is the week that I start back to college. hmmm It is soooo tempting though. Arrggghhhh

hey if all goes according to plan on my end I'll be spending much more on airfare. i think it's up to 600 one way now. just over a month ago it was 600 for a round trip

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
consideration
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might might might might MIGHT be able to go.
Outlook isn't looking very good, but I'm holding on to that little hope.
megs229
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Killthesmiley wrote:
megs229 wrote:

hey if all goes according to plan on my end I'll be spending much more on airfare. i think it's up to 600 one way now. just over a month ago it was 600 for a round trip

Wish I could spend that much on airfair. I envy you. I start back school that week, so technically that will be the day I go broke lol
gigglingmonk
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might be able to go, if I can get the money..I should have a car by then, so I'll be able to drive there. Someone from the area is going to have to help me with directions..I'm horrible with them. I mean, sure, I'm from Cali and I drive on the freeway all the time, but I've never been to LA, so I'll probably get lost..really badly.
and it feels like
like it was a friend
if its watching us
and the world we set on fire
do you wonder
if it feels the same?
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

megs229 wrote:
Killthesmiley wrote:
megs229 wrote:

Wish I could spend that much on airfair. I envy you. I start back school that week, so technically that will be the day I go broke lol

god knows I can't afford it, but the creators know I'll do anything to be able to speak with them and tell them .....

i'm stopping now.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
marlasinger
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so when are we doing this? And i'm there for sure, just gotta drive down from Seattle with Kenny Smile

The Bree Solution.
http://one.revver.com/watch/330795

"Also... im in ur canons... supporting all ur marlas."
-AutoPilate
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
galatea024
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wait, how do you sign up and comfirm?
chershaytoute

Location: Oregon with an ocean view...across the neighbors' cow pasture, wow!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard from Amanda on Monday. This is what I have from them at this point:

She has indicated that they are 100% committed to having an event, it's just that they're extraordinarily busy getting things together with the videos and whatnot...

If this happens, it will be the weekend of the 24th/25th/26th of August.

Okay, onward... If we look as if we're going to have well over 25 or so folks, Amanda feels as if we might be able to get a band or so whose music has been used for LG15!

We may be able to have some type of a raffle of LG15-related items which would help offset costs of the videos, costs of the gathering, and/or go to charity (Stand Up, as an example).

We should be able to have something set up for video viewing. Which vids? Dunno yet - that may be up to us!

Okay, this one, I'm going to let you see the question 'bunni and I asked and Amanda's answer:
How about the idea of any "in-game" moments? I mean, DB&J could run through and out of a room full of people in their quest to get away from the Order...think of the thrill for all of those present? Filmed and incorporated into a video would be a definite cool thing...and would practically guarantee a huge turn out for the next go-'round! Definitely something we're discussing and would like to pursue. This is, of course, dependent on where the story is going and whether it's appropriate at that time. (I vote it's appropriate anytime!)
How cool would that be, huh?

Cost... Besides getting there and staying there, the venue itself is going to cost something. We asked about whether the C's would be willing to set up a PayPal account to cover this - since y'all don't know me'n'Cuddlebunni from any ol' stalker type online. That would be a definite yes. Once it's set up, we'll let you know the account info and the cost...

Schedule, per Amanda: We are committed to a gathering on Saturday. (1) Cast panel, (2) Creator/Crew Panel, and (3) Fans panel (people with popular videos, etc). These would involve questions, presentations, whatever form you'd like. Also, part of that day could include some type of "in game" event. Raffle, auction, etc. Any sort of Friday or Sunday events would be for fans by fans.

Last...the location as of Monday is "Los Angeles is the easiest and most convenient place for it to be held. We have a complicated and busy production schedule and for the event to be somewhere we'd travel to could be difficult. However, with planning, we are open to going elsewhere in California." (this is why I'm having trouble getting things together, planning-wise!) I have asked for a more specific area within the LA area, with, perhaps, more specific ideas within that area... <smile>

Aside: This means I'm still waiting for specifics on area/location information. Since Cuddlebunni has had life hit her upside the head, and is less able to work on this, and I am doing what I'm doing from Northern Oregon...well, I can't do legwork from up here, so narrowing things down would be huge, cuz LA itself is huge! Laughing

Okay, that's my most recent update for y'all!!

I am riding on the migraine from the depths of hell right now...and am planning on climbing back under my rock, but I've been writing this since yesterday morning, and I figured I oughtta get it up and posted for y'all! Very Happy

I would very much like folks who're absolutely for sure to re-post and confirm, if they would? That way I can pass more official numbers on to Amanda.

Thanks!

WWggD - let's make the Breeniverse a better place to live...

Thanks to giddeanx for the coolest personal glue stick ever!
chershaytoute

Location: Oregon with an ocean view...across the neighbors' cow pasture, wow!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marla, you and Kenny? That would be so cool!!

galatea024, just post here or PM me...

WWggD - let's make the Breeniverse a better place to live...

Thanks to giddeanx for the coolest personal glue stick ever!
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cher here is something I thought about:

if it's a nice day see if there is some park that has bbq/grilling pits.

I think that would be a nice place to have the get together

immortal1
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chershaytoute wrote:
Okay, this one, I'm going to let you see the question 'bunni and I asked and Amanda's answer:
How about the idea of any "in-game" moments? I mean, DB&J could run through and out of a room full of people in their quest to get away from the Order...think of the thrill for all of those present? Filmed and incorporated into a video would be a definite cool thing...and would practically guarantee a huge turn out for the next go-'round! Definitely something we're discussing and would like to pursue. This is, of course, dependent on where the story is going and whether it's appropriate at that time. (I vote it's appropriate anytime!)
How cool would that be, huh?

Yup- I was thinking that too. It's too good an opportunity to pass up. I think it's as simple as having people dress in white(HOO) or black(Order.) I'd suggest black. I can see one of the TAAG doing recon at a Order gatheriing.

chershaytoute wrote:
I would very much like folks who're absolutely for sure to re-post and confirm, if they would? That way I can pass more official numbers on to Amanda.

I really don't see how you can get a head count without determining cost. What's going to happen is people are going to show interest then back out if the cost is too high.

Been trying to think of all the places the Buffy party had bands at.
Hard Rock Cafe.
The Key Club (off hours)
El Rey Theater
American Legion Hollywood
Mostly those accomodate a large number of people. One time a band was at the Whiskey on Sunset but they were going to be there anyway so it was open to the public as well.

I actually think the House of Blues on Sunset might be perfect.
thoughtssopoetic
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would if i had a way to get down there.

gan *grumbles that LA is five hours away*
--
I'm mad at David Yates and Michael Goldenberg. That was NOT how Sirius died.
silverblue
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sixteen hours each way plus layovers, $AUD2000 just for flights...

Nope. Sad

Have fun though!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Suggestions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 16 of 17

Jump to: