Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Shark Jumping 101: What LG15 is STILL doing wrong
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DreamerM
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:34 am    Post subject: Shark Jumping 101: What LG15 is STILL doing wrong Reply with quote

Normally I wouldn't make a new thread on the same topic as an older one, but feast your eyes on the last response to that selfsame thread:

Lois_Meet_Clark wrote:
I think you are being a bit unfair.

Sure, there are some things I don't like either (like the most recent video about her dad being dead but it did have a lot of lit elements that held secrets) but still, they don't just sloppily put the plot together like you said.

They showed the actual drug- we got to research it. We don't need some stupid doctor examine bree in a freak accident to tell us what it was for. It's to make more red blood cells.

Bree has been other emotions. Like in the homeless video she was telling Daniel to back off. She will break soon and "come of age." Be patient darnit.

Jonas isn't pointless. It's supposed to add a bit more reality to it if they reach out to some one who offered help. supposedly he watched the videos and wanted to help. It's a good thing he did cuz they'd be still doing nothing in a warehouse still.

Yes, there needs to be more action but that's not what this series is about. It's about seeing beyond the surface. Every image you see has a meaning. There are hidden clues. It's about figuring it out and letting your imagination drive you crazy as you wait.

Kudos to the creators. Don't worry. Some of us appreciate your work. At least you're doing something with your lives rather than be a person online who complains about random things and threatens to stop watching if it doesn't get better. You have tons of fans. We're not going to mutiny.

Clearly, my old thread was a little outdated. After all, it was writen during the frustrating post-run-away, pre-jonas dry spell where we got nothing but the same thing (bree being silly, Daniel grumping) for weeks on end. The situation has, since then, changed.

So here's the new thread. And some new topics to discuss.

First off, Bree's father's death was a sloppy job. The quick-camera jostling, the shot, the screaming, the get-away, the moody tribute following it, everything was so perfectly dramatic it was cliche. Sorry, but it was.

Finally we find out what the injections were. It only took, what....six months or so from the introduction of them as a plot point? Plus supposedly the symptoms Bree exibited at the time don't match the symptoms supposedly induced by the substance: apparently it's supposed to give you more energy but she kept acting sluggish. Makes me wonder if they introduced it without knowing themselves what it was.

Gemma. W.T.F. They going to leave that plot point hanging forever or what? She going the way of Cassie, Bree's teacher, or the mariad of other stuff that this series has brought up that are Never. Mentioned. Again? Like the substance itself? Daniel learned the name and then, seemingly, forgot all about it. It hasn't been mentioned since.

I will say one thing though, halleluja and thank goodness: Bree has finally stopped being likeable. She's rejected her toys, she's locked herself in the bathroom, she's shapish and withdrawn, she's irritable and short-tempered. She's actually reacting to something for once, and all I can say is it's about time.

Too bad it took a murder to make it happen: there's a reason why "shooting a main character" is the most overused season-finale stunt a series can pull: it instantly creates DRAMA, which should be a good thing, but it's such a staple that it's almost impossible to infuse the event with any originality.

Considerably fewer complaints then before, but here is my words again, peps. New and improved thread.
Inigo
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:42 am    Post subject: Re: Shark Jumping 101: What LG15 is STILL doing wrong Reply with quote

DreamerM wrote:

Gemma. W.T.F. They going to leave that plot point hanging forever or what? She going the way of Cassie, Bree's teacher, or the mariad of other stuff that this series has brought up that are Never. Mentioned. Again? Like the substance itself? Daniel learned the name and then, seemingly, forgot all about it. It hasn't been mentioned since.

I agree with that one. I love Gemma despite her betrayal, and I think her position could be very well exploited to help the story. She can still go both ways, either keep working for the order or redeem herself and help Bree.
colbertnationgirl
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i say kudos to the creators! of course there are things i dont like about LG15, but come on. the creators don't have a lot of funding, and i'm sure if they did, there would be things they would do different. but now to respond;

1. ya it was a sloppy camera job, but they were running while it was being filmed, and if it hadn't been sloppy people would have said it was unrealistic.

2. yes they could have introduced epogen sooner, but this way we had lots of time to come up with crazy theories of our own! as for the symptoms not matching i thought that you got tired after you got the epogen injected, and then got more energy later. i could be wrong but thats what i thought.

3. i'm with you on this one. i need confirmation brother shot gemma! Twisted Evil

4. i liked the whole bree's dad being shot. it actually made the order seem dangerous, because before that they really hadn't done anything.

anyway, thats just what i think.
ex mechanic
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

colbertnationgirl wrote:

2. yes they could have introduced epogen sooner, but this way we had lots of time to come up with crazy theories of our own!

And I think that's the best part of the whole thing. We get to invent a hundred stories for every one that gets filmed.
EliCash
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goodbye Cruel World!

DreamerM has it right!

I don't know why I have been spending so much time watching these videos that go absolutely nowhere and are so completely boring that they make me want to carve my eyes out with a spork. DreamerM has it right. The Creators keep on screwing up! They're so predicatable! Even though I haven't predicted a single thing that's happened, but that's not the point.

The point is that I am all-knowing and will tell you exactly why the Creators suck at life.

They shot a main character! What a cheap trick that is overused! Sure, there's the unimportant fact that her dad wasn't a main character, rather one we had barely heard from (and not at all directly), but still. They killed a main character!!!

No more. I'm done. Goodbye LonelyGirl15. Goodbye, Beast. And Gemma, if you're dead, good riddance!

And by the way, why didn't we find out about the injections earlier? Why did we have to wait for Daniel to go back to Bree's place to find out? Shouldn't he have been able to simply read her dad's mind? Duh. It's so obvious!

And why was the camera so shaky while they were running away during a shooting? Another great point by DreamerM! Why wasn't Daniel using a dolly? I thought he was interested in filmmaking! Attempting to run for your life is no excuse for shaky camerawork.

It's so cliche that somebody running for their life would shake the camera!!!!

Well that's it! That was the final straw. Goodbye LG forums. I'm done. You don't deserve me.

Creators, you might as well close down the forums: I'm leaving.
onsweetavenue
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they killed off Gemma, they screwed up big time. Everyone loves a villain.
covedweller

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, Gemma's acting was always so wooden I'm not sure she could've pulled off being the series main villain.

Maybe the actress wasn't available any longer or she didn't fit the direction the series was headed in? I mean, why would an evil Gemma post vlogs?
onsweetavenue
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

she doesn't have to post vlogs anymore, actually i'd prefer if she didn't. I just want her to be alive until the end of the series.

OR, we need a new evil doer.

It is like killing off shredder early on and battling beebop and rocksteady. There's no fun if the bigtimer dies early. Gemma is pretty much the essence of all evil in this thing, plus she's sly and a two timer. Smile

i'd rather she be captured and by jonas and bree and daniel and confronted about her evil ways Wink.
covedweller

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Op is the essence of all evil in this thing.

Gemma is like imitation vanilla extract.

Op is the real deal. Laughing
nobackspacebutton
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliCash wrote:
Goodbye Cruel World!

DreamerM has it right!

I don't know why I have been spending so much time watching these videos that go absolutely nowhere and are so completely boring that they make me want to carve my eyes out with a spork. DreamerM has it right. The Creators keep on screwing up! They're so predicatable! Even though I haven't predicted a single thing that's happened, but that's not the point.

Predictable? Maybe to you.

In a sense, considering what happens in the videos is based off of what the viewers want, subconciously we all might have already discovered what will happen next.....but this doesn't make the story lack. If its so boring to you, then good...leave. No one can convince you to stay when you've already made up your mind. =P

EliCash wrote:
They shot a main character! What a cheap trick that is overused! Sure, there's the unimportant fact that her dad wasn't a main character, rather one we had barely heard from (and not at all directly), but still. They killed a main character!!!

A main character? As far as I know, Bree, Daniel, and Jonas are the main characters. Not even Gemma is that much of a main character. And hey, how do we really know he's dead? =P Speculating if he is or isn't is part of the fun now.

EliCash wrote:

And by the way, why didn't we find out about the injections earlier? Why did we have to wait for Daniel to go back to Bree's place to find out? Shouldn't he have been able to simply read her dad's mind? Duh. It's so obvious!

We knew she was getting shots around the time of the ceremony. ^_^ Remember the bandage on her arm? And we find out things little by little....that discovery is also part of the fun. To each their own...we all like this story, you don't have to. Wink

EliCash wrote:

And why was the camera so shaky while they were running away during a shooting?

Because that is how it was done. =)

It added mystery and kept us guessing as to what happened.

EliCash wrote:

Well that's it! That was the final straw. Goodbye LG forums. I'm done. You don't deserve me.

Goodbye. =) Sorry you didn't enjoy everything as much as we did. Again, to each their own.

EliCash wrote:

BA Tells Lies.

Some things are secret for a reason.
There are people whose lives are dedicated to keeping them that way.
MrsCop
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliCash wrote:
Goodbye Cruel World!

DreamerM has it right!

The point is that I am all-knowing and will tell you exactly why the Creators suck at life.

No more. I'm done. Goodbye LonelyGirl15. Goodbye, Beast. And Gemma, if you're dead, good riddance!

And why was the camera so shaky while they were running away during a shooting? Another great point by DreamerM! Why wasn't Daniel using a dolly? I thought he was interested in filmmaking! Attempting to run for your life is no excuse for shaky camerawork.

It's so cliche that somebody running for their life would shake the camera!!!!

SO dramatic! lmao

~tigerlilylynn
nobackspacebutton
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrsCop wrote:

SO dramatic! lmao

Yeah. It made me laugh. Very Happy

BA Tells Lies.

Some things are secret for a reason.
There are people whose lives are dedicated to keeping them that way.
gogo
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eli Cash wrote:
Goodbye Cruel World!...Creators, you might as well close down the forums: I'm leaving.
clever... Laughing
I hope you realize that I suck.::The finest satire is that in which ridicule is combined with so little malice and so much conviction that it even rouses laughter in those who are hit.-Georg Christoph Lichtenberg
colbertnationgirl
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahaha elicash, that made my day!
milowent
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: Shark Jumping 101: What LG15 is STILL doing wrong Reply with quote

DreamerM wrote:
Considerably fewer complaints then before, but here is my words again, peps. New and improved thread.

true, dreamerm, the complaints really pale in comparison to where we were in the last thread. e.g., naming a video "bree and i hooked up" is only a venial sin.

now everyone can like elicash when he uses that great sarcasm, as opposed to a few weeks ago when many wanted to lynch him for an amusing complaint thread he started: Creators Resort to Dirty Tricks?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: