Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[I in APHID] [VIDEO] 1-16-07 "The Ends Justify the Mean
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lookyz
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amelia wrote:
Lord_Cel wrote:
Killthesmiley wrote:
but why MUST it be bree...

maybe there is a bigger picture we're missing...

MAYBE...this story isn't about bree but someone else, but told through bree...

hmmmmm

wild imagination..

Bree did say in her video that out of all the young girls in the order only a fraction of the girls develop the right characteristics for the ceremony.

Maybe they need Bree for a/another ceremony...possibly on Feb. 5?

Kind of on a sidenote... does anyone think they know what the "right characteristics" are for these certain girls in this ceremony?

My husband went immediately to highlander the series when I was explaining my fascination with the series/arg. Immortallity? Out of thousands, there can be only 1??

I laughed at first, but maybe....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, just as a lark I went all occam's razor and took a look at video 036 (My first Kiss) - disccusing a common seduction strategy. Probably nothing, but I'm totally retracing steps to make sure there's nothing overlooked that they may be pointing a big flashing arrow at. I have a habit of overcomplicating, so I thought I'd put out my super dunce idea. flame away d'oh! I can take it...
kellylen
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ruberic wrote:
A drop? Are we sure? What hints at a new drop...other than Oppy saying

"Here's Oppy!" *insert picture of a creepy little girl peaking through a hole in a door, made by an axe*

Whats the rumblings everying is hinting too?[/b]

haahha im in a study lounge in my dorm and I just read that and cracked up. everyone is looking at me now
JustAnotherLonelyGirl.
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Op should come to the east coast.. specifically new york..
TJ Marsh
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Intersting video i say the least.
Antissa Pompeii
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we should still pay attention to the quote of the video, though, since Op seems to enjoy attaching clues to her quotes.

"Does the end Justify the means?" was originally a quote by the philosopher, Albert Camus. Although I skimmed through his Wikipedia page (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Camus) I didn't see any real connection with him and thelema, or the order. Anyway, it was worth a go, right?
JustAnotherLonelyGirl.
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Antissa Pompeii wrote:
I think we should still pay attention to the quote of the video, though, since Op seems to enjoy attaching clues to her quotes.

"Does the end Justify the means?" was originally a quote by the philosopher, Albert Camus. Although I skimmed through his Wikipedia page (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Camus) I didn't see any real connection with him and thelema, or the order. Anyway, it was worth a go, right?

I read the Stranger.

It emphasized existentialism, absurdity, and detachment from society.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Stranger_%28novel%29

And, actually, it seemed to prove that the end does not justify the means. It basically implied that no event affects another. That life is random. That death is random. That everything means nothing.

It was a pretty well-written book. I didn't necessarily love it though.
Ganesha
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whether the ends justify the means is a philosophical issue which predates Camus by at least a couple of thousands of years. I am pretty sure that Camus is beyond the pale of the antics of Op and Tachy, at least from what has been evidenced by them to this point.

Sure, the argument could be constructed that riddles, puzzles, covert activities, and intrigue are a part of an absurd existence, where individuals are both the sum of their experiences and yet transcendant, crushed between determinism and an absolute freedom, both essentially without any meaning save that which is created by the individual. I am not seeing a need for constructing such, given what we have.

The other supporting audio- the Eisenhower quote about needing focus and sacrifice for the greater goal, for instance- tends to lend credence to the theory that at least this much is fairly straightforward as regards OpAphid's Welt Anshauung.
Loki
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whether the ends justify the means is one question... whether the means justifies the ends is another.

It seems to me that both questions are relevant right now though.

EDIT: Going back to watch some of the older videos again for the endings only, I noticed another two slight differences with this one. First, there is normally a recorded version of the YouTube video controls (the red buttons) which show up at the end of the video... there were not this time. Second, no one else seems to have mentioned it, but in addition to the text "Op Aphid" being backwards visually, it also vanished rather than appearing.
cynicar
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Side note on the colors of the symbol at the beginning.

If the next one's blue, we've got the four colors used in pagan rituals to represent the cardinal directions in the order of North, South, East, and West.

I'm trying to find a decent site to cite (hee, homophones), but yeah. Something to look out for.

ETA: Yay Wikipedia!. It's under the heading "The Elements," and also lists the natural elements linked to each color, unsurprisingly.
kyliabell
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone considered 36-bit word length in regards to the 36 thing? If the number would make it too obvious, one would naturally change it to the word. That or it's a nice hell of a coincidence. Yay numbers!
theratdiva
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see it this way : "The ends justify the means" = dangling Bree's Dad in her face and having to kill him is justified because it flushed Bree out of hiding (out of Jonas' house/ gave them a way to find out where Jonas lives.

Of course, this also opens a new pattern of thought... which is that perhaps Bree's father isn't dead. (Yes, I hear some of you booing, but please hear me out). Although I want to believe that Bree's father just wanted to see her, perhaps he allowed himself to be dangled in order to find out where Bree was.

At the very least, that's why the Order let him get away to see Bree.
Ruberic
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theratdiva wrote:
I see it this way : "The ends justify the means" = dangling Bree's Dad in her face and having to kill him is justified because it flushed Bree out of hiding (out of Jonas' house/ gave them a way to find out where Jonas lives.

Of course, this also opens a new pattern of thought... which is that perhaps Bree's father isn't dead. (Yes, I hear some of you booing, but please hear me out). Although I want to believe that Bree's father just wanted to see her, perhaps he allowed himself to be dangled in order to find out where Bree was.

At the very least, that's why the Order let him get away to see Bree.

You now, you could be on to something here. I have been reading another thread (in the plot discussion area I believe) concerning the Illuminati. One of their supposed controlling tricks is to stage the death of an individual as a warning to their followers about what would happen to them if they turned against the order.

I have a strong feeling that Bree's father may have been used in this circumstance. Lets face it, this guy is not her biological father...has no qualms about injecting her with medication while lying to her that "he does not know what it is" despite being a research physician...and leaves her a cryptic message to get her to a place so he can be shot and killed.

I see this as one great big produciton being used to scare and control Bree.

Just my thoughts.

-Ruberic
itsreallyreal
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let us not forget...

The LOWER you are in the order the LESS info you get...

So it is ENTIRELY possible that her "Dad" had no clue what they were injecting her with... Or what teh Ceremoney is... Or what it entails...

So I think he was in the dark.. Tried to do the right thing and stop it and paid the ultimate price for his love of his "Daughter"... He may not have been her birth father but he was her Dad... No doubt... And Bree is CLEARLY a Daddy's Girl... Wink
kayokosaeki
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustAnotherLonelyGirl. wrote:
Op should come to the east coast.. specifically new york..

yes! an east coast move would be extremely exciting.
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i jsut wanted to mention this...

when the camera is panning out of Op's head(man that sounds wierd...) and out through her eye, anyone else notice that its a different eye (at first then kind of morphs into oppy's eye) and it looks scared as hell...

or am I going crazy?

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> OpAphid: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12

Jump to: