Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[I in APHID][DISCUSS] Bree's Purity Status (Or lack thereof)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sad Panda
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:14 pm    Post subject: [I in APHID][DISCUSS] Bree's Purity Status (Or lack thereof) Reply with quote

Quote:

Then...all of a sudden, she just kissed me. It's not what you think. It's really just been something I think we've both wanted for awhile. The intense thing...was when she hugged me. It was like she was scared to let go. I think she was worried that I might pull away...I don't know, because she was so emotional, like I'd be weirded out or something, just because she said that she needed me. Anyway. In the morning, I, uh...did the walk of shame back to my bedroom. So, I don't know what this means. I...I think I know what this means. Well...at least I hope I know what this means.

Daniel, "Bree and I Hooked Up"

Quote:

Your purity is essential

Friendship fades away

Why risk eternity on something so fleeting?

OpAphid, "You Made the Right Decision, Bree!"

I wanted to discuss the new LG15 video here in our forum because I think it raises a very interesting question for OpHeads .... is it possible that Bree could corrupt herself by fooling around with Daniel?

Granted, we don't know if Daniel is using the term 'hooked up' in the sense that you and I might understand it. Personally, when I hear 'we hooked up,' I hear 'we did the wild thing.'

Regardless, what if Daniel and Bree didn't even do the deed, but did some ... er, impure fooling around?

Is Bree 'a chosen girl' no matter what, or is it possible to jeopardize her status amongst The Order?

Furthermore, if she IS deemed 'impure,' would she then become fair game?

It's really all speculation (especially since DB didn't give us too many juicy details), but I'm really curious to hear everyone's thoughts on the subject.
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What stands out to me is that Op said Friendship fades away, not love.

To be honest, I'm not even sure she has to be a virgin for the ceremony. That is just something that we put upon here. Has anyone asked Op is Bree's virginity was vital to the ceremony?
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think she's pretty much considered Fair Game in Op's terms because she's revieling a lot of inner secrets of the order right now.
As well, she has betrayed the order and left. She chose a side. And not ops

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
covedweller

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's interesting that Op used the tag "ordeal" in the new video.

Ordeals have historically been used for many reasons to prove worth or as some sort of penance.

There is so much in this last video, I think there should be quite a few threads to break out each topic but we're still in shell shock from being taken off guard I am sure. Laughing
fuzzy_bunny85
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Sad Panda wrote:

Personally, when I hear 'we hooked up,' I hear 'we did the wild thing.'

Agreed. This could result in some sort of punishment ritual, like the vistal virgins in Roman (Greek? Whatever) culture. Let's hope our Bree doesn't get buried alive!
overorexactly13
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So...

I absolutely think that D and B did the deed. I think the use of the phrase "hooked up" was deliberate and suggests that they did "it".

I didn't watch "Hiding in the Bathroom" until after the most recent vid from DB and I think now that Bree slept with Daniel in a misguided attempt to get the order off her back. I believe one of the things Bree's dad mentioned to her was that being "pure" even after puberty was a necessary factor in a girl's suitabilty for use by the Order--whatever their purpose may be--and that purity = not having been intimate with another person.

I think that Bree has made a big mistake in sleeping with Daniel and that things will get very complicated for her from this point on. As others have mentioned. I think this calculated act of defiance on her part (her first, really) makes her "in game" and I think that she will not be able to keep her motives from Daniel (good friend; heavy concience) and that he will be very hurt and turn his back on her in a way we have not seen before.

Anyway, just some ramblings while the baby naps!
"He was killed by the usual cabal: by himself, first of all; by the woman he knew; by the woman he did not know; by the man who granted his inmost wish; and by the inevitable fifth, who was the keeper of his conscience..."
tigerlilylynn

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

overorexactly13 wrote:
So...

I absolutely think that D and B did the deed. I think the use of the phrase "hooked up" was deliberate and suggests that they did "it".

I didn't watch "Hiding in the Bathroom" until after the most recent vid from DB and I think now that Bree slept with Daniel in a misguided attempt to get the order off her back. I believe one of the things Bree's dad mentioned to her was that being "pure" even after puberty was a necessary factor in a girl's suitabilty for use by the Order--whatever their purpose may be--and that purity = not having been intimate with another person.

I think that Bree has made a big mistake in sleeping with Daniel and that things will get very complicated for her from this point on. As others have mentioned. I think this calculated act of defiance on her part (her first, really) makes her "in game" and I think that she will not be able to keep her motives from Daniel (good friend; heavy concience) and that he will be very hurt and turn his back on her in a way we have not seen before.

Anyway, just some ramblings while the baby naps!

Unless, of course, part of the staying up talking and talking included "my dad said they need me pure. Care to post to the WORLD something akin to "I bagged Bree"? Maybe they'll get off our backs."
bethy
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I think now that Bree slept with Daniel in a misguided attempt to get the order off her back

Yeah, this is where I they're going with it. I'm not sure if they did it or not, but I'm guessing their long talk included Bree spilling the beans to Daniel about what her father told her.

She's angry with her mother, won't talk to her. What better way to rebel against your mother than to do the very thing you're not supposed to do?

But, then...they told Bree to stay with Daniel. They had to know that something would eventually happen between them, right? So, if they were really trying to protect her (and her purity) why would they send her off with Daniel?

It makes me wonder about her mother...and the situation with her father. Did he escape? Are they free to communicate? All these questions.

ETA: what if they WANT her having sex? What if they WANT her pregnant? So they can take that baby?
Caslynn
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bethy wrote:
ETA: what if they WANT her having sex? What if they WANT her pregnant? So they can take that baby?

Excellent question. We do know now that the Order takes babies that show great potential and puts them into regulated homes.
LONGTIMELURKER
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOHH! So mnay options for story development!!

Bree- Classicly Beautiful/sweet/ "pure"/Vogue

Sarah-Modern Day HOT/ naughty/"dirty"/Penthouse
JustAnotherLonelyGirl.
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thoughts:

I believe Bree and Daniel 'did the deed' and that Bree only did to try and get the Order off her back. I think her father may have told her this before he was killed.
This theory leads to several more possibilities:
1. What side was her father on? We all assume Bree's. But, who knows? If he was, in fact, on the Order's side, then Bree may have taken the wrong advice. Then again, why did they kill him?
2. If, however, her dad was truly on Bree's side, the infamous note may have been written to her from him, without mother Bree's knowledge, hoping it would lead to impure behavior.
3. The note may have been written by the Order. They may, in fact, want Bree to taint her purity, for several reasons which I won't list because this is already getting too long. In that case, when Bree didn't 'do the deed' with Daniel, might they have sent in a new man for the job? Jonas, perhaps?
4. ...from that theory, is Daniel a plant (though not to his knowledge, probably, or Bree's)? Are they all 'Order babies'?
5. Bree's dad may have meant well, but Bree says her mother was higher than him in the Order. Maybe Mr. Bree gave her the wrong advice unintentionally?

Hmm.. idk. But, evidently, things are playing out just as OpA planned. Assuming that refers partially to Bree's situation, something is not as it seems. As far as we've seen, many steps have been taken against the Order, but I guess our eyes are just playing tricks on us..?
Lola
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a thought:

In Jewish law Niddah referes to a woman who is 'ritually impure.' This means the time she's menstruating and the 7 following days not whether she's a virgin. During that time a husband and wife abstain from intercourse.

In order to restore purity a woman must immerse herself in a mikvah. "A Mikveh may be either stationary rain water or flowing well/spring water. Oceans, lakes, ponds and springs are all natural catch basins of rainwater, and thus can be used as mikvaot (plural for mikvah). This body of water must contain at least 480 liters of water that has not been drawn or stored in a vessel (Lev: 11:36)."

Maybe those shots manipulated her period? Also brings up images from the "Swimming" video.
Danielle
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

everytime i see the main page load and i see
'we hooked up'
i shout out, A HUG IS NOT A HOOKUP.
<DTayl> i'm the bad sister
Sad Panda
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danielle wrote:
everytime i see the main page load and i see
'we hooked up'
i shout out, A HUG IS NOT A HOOKUP.

Nor is there a 'walk of shame' afterwards. No shame in snuggling, imo.

Anyhoo, I think the theory that maybe they want Bree to not be a virgin is interesting. They have been so blatant about letting her be -- they could've nabbed her a million times by now.

I know Alister Crowley was very into sexual rituals that involved impregnanting a woman. I can't remember what I'm specifically referring to, but I'll snoop through my old research and check it out before I stat Crowley babbling.
Danielle
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mind you this show is like, pg-13.

I'm not sure that we will see a preggers Bree.
<DTayl> i'm the bad sister
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> OpAphid: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: