Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Random Thought

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Daniel aka Danielbeast
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kristin
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:57 pm    Post subject: A Random Thought Reply with quote

I don't really fault Daniel for drinking, after the things Bree said.

But it did make me think, since even when he lived at home, his parents basically neglected him, were never shown on camera or interacting with him, and probably haven't worried at all that he's gone -- maybe one or both of them has a drinking problem, and so he's used to seeing people turn to alcohol when life gets tough?

Just a idea.
itsreallyreal
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just an awesome idea! Dispells tha whole "Daniels Parents are in the Order too" thing a little bit more...

Man.. Why is it "Everyone" is in the order? Rolling Eyes

I REALLY like this idea... It would also account for his lack of social understanding in romatic situations if his parents had any drunken and abusive moments in front of him growing up too!
kristin
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aside from the fact that they were distant and neglected him, he's really divulged very little. Maybe there were other reasons why he was so unhesitant to flee his house and go on the run with Bree, besides his obvious crush -- his home life could have sucked too, in a completely different way. He's a bit socially inept in romantic situations, as you said, maybe even kind of an enabler -- instead of trying to let Bree muddle through on her own and get over her dad's death, he's in there trying to fix it all and imitating her behavior with the stuffed animals.
itsreallyreal
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He also has a way of drawing Jonas in... It's like he knows Jonas is a "Fixer" of sorts and he knows how to bait him in...

I work with teens... Baiting for attention is a HUGE symptom of a broken home...
kristin
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad my idea doesn't seem completely bogus then Very Happy

I've had relatives, including one now estranged parent, who have had obvious drinking problems, and I've always been cautioned not to start going overboard because having a close family member with alcoholism increases my odds of developing a problem with substance abuse, so that's really what got me thinking.
itsreallyreal
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well ALL of my imediate family have been junkies at one point in time but me! Dad, Mom and 2 Sisters!

So I knwo what you mean...

But there is a thing called "The Resiliant Self" and I subscribe to that idea... Very Happy
kristin
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there's definitely something to the idea of alcoholism or abuse of Daniel or each other when it comes to his parents.

He's also kind of a glutton for punishment, the way he sticks around and comes back for more when Bree treats him badly. Its probably part of the reason he's bonded with Jonas: he's the only one who's nice to him.

Also, do we know if they're divorced or together? I think he referred to them collectively as "parents" and not just mom or dad or a stepparent even, but that doesn't have to mean the biological parents live together.

And when Bree was crashing there, I don't think she mentioned his parents at all - I went back and checked the transcripts from some of those episodes, and I'm pretty sure about it. You'd think mom or dad would have made an appearance, even off-screen, though Bree may not have noted it on camera. But I know when I have a friend, especially a potential significant other over, mom's hovering over me offering snacks and stuff every five minutes.

Daniel, too, seems to lack respect for male elders -- he had reason to be IRRITATED with Bree's dad for getting in the way of their plans, but even before he knew much about the Order, he really went off on him during his vids pretty badly. Maybe this reflects a lack of respect and love in his own home, or he assumes all parents are as crappy as his and dismisses the notion that it might have just been an overprotective gesture, seeing as Bree had never dated before.
itsreallyreal
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked

This, for some reason, makes me think of the "private" convo Bree's dad and Daniel had...
EternalGoddess
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are some good idea's that make a lot of sense. But I do think the should have been mor econsiderate given the situation they're in. He doesn't know if the Order followed him and had a plant in that place. I Just think he should have been more responcible.
nobackspacebutton
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with EternalGoddess. Going out and getting drunk was not the solution, and is never the solution to any problem. He could have put them all in danger.

BA Tells Lies.

Some things are secret for a reason.
There are people whose lives are dedicated to keeping them that way.
itsreallyreal
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well consideration is not D-B's strong suit is it? L:eaving and not telling his parents... NO CONCERN AT ALL that the order may be after his parents or be able to do harm to them...

I just think Daniel is a VERY lost soul... Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Daniel aka Danielbeast All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: