Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Drop Sugestion (Please Read)

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should we use this idea for future drops?
Yeah That sounds great!
40%
 40%  [ 8 ]
That's a pretty good idea.
20%
 20%  [ 4 ]
It doesn't matter to me.
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
I don't thinkthat;s a very good idea.
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
This idea totally sucks boob juice!
25%
 25%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 20

itsreallyreal
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:44 am    Post subject: Drop Sugestion (Please Read) Reply with quote

I know I am a noob and asking for things to "Change" may be a bit bold but I think this is a very good idea so I would like to run it past all of you...

When there is a drop... What if we had 2 threads?

1 - Drop Discussion

2 - Drop facts/info

In the discussion thread we could discuss theories and ideas... with out worrying that we may clog up the forum for people who just need to catch up on the facts...

Meanwhile... as FACTS and Pertnant Info was gahtered or discussed in the discussion thread, we dcould update that thread with that info... That wasy when people came in they would only have to read the facts/info thread and then catch up on the last page or two of the discussion to jump right in...

I think this could allow those who do not use IRC a place to discuss the info... and maybe crack a smile or two while they do it and then also serve as a place for the noobs to be cumfy in their new environment whilst still keeping a thread clean and concise for the records...

Please give you opinions and let everyone know what you think about this idea. I really think it could help avoid conflict in the future and make things much easier to "sift" through for all!!!

Thanks,
IRR
girlAnachronism
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

generally the drop chat is in the IRC...and people can contain themselves from posting anything but the facts. though if enough people want it they could make a thread in OpA general discussion
itsreallyreal
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why does the discussin need to be limited to the IRC chat? And if it is realavent to the puzzle/drop... Why would it be in the General section? Confused

Just because users are not going into the IRC doesn't mean what they have to say is not valid does it? It also does not make their thoughts invalid if they choose to use a little tongue in cheek while they're at it... IMHO... Very Happy
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is usually a drop thread in discussion, where we can bounce ideas off each other. And the IRC people (me included) update the forum numerous times during a drop so everyone is up to date.

Unfortunately, its just easier to run through things on IRC because you get instant gratification and can build on theories easier.
Luminous
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being a perenneial, longtime, lurking noob myself, I appreciate the value this suggestion has too offer.

I think this would expand opportunities for people to become involved in solving the puzzles. It could offer a great initiation for people who are not ready, or have not interest to jump into the IRC chat, and a way to participate.
tigerlilylynn

I think this was a special case. Normally drops are solved quickly (single location) so this drug on all day and got messy. Previous drops didn't suffer from this.

In future single location drops we'll go old school. If we get more multi-location we'll split 'em.
cynicar
Lonely Fan

I think this is a great idea!

Edited old post: a bunch of people posted while I was writing and on rereading discovered I was kind of misinterpreting something.

Anyways, I think it's a good idea. We already do the split with profile and e-mail updates, so I don't see why not.

P.S. Tigerlily, I'm in love with your av. So. In. Love.
Luminous
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

girlAnachronism wrote:
generally the drop chat is in the IRC...and people can contain themselves from posting anything but the facts. though if enough people want it they could make a thread in OpA general discussion

It seems like it would make more sense to put the facts thread and the discussion thread in the same section of the forum so it is easier for people who are new to the forums to see that they are related, and to switch back and forth between them.
itsreallyreal
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not saying that the old way didn't or doesn;t work by any means... I am saying that there are pleanty of people who are not interested or can not use the IRC for some reason and there is no reason they should not have a close home to discuss the issue...

And doing it in another place just seems like it's saying it is not good enough or important enough... When I feel those poelpe could be a valuable asset to the whole process... I don't see why it would be an issue... Very Happy
Sad Panda
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of Gen. Discussion, this thread is moving there.

OpAphid board is for gameplay only, no meta chat.
itsreallyreal
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just realised I had a typo and put boob juice instead of noob juice in the poll.... lmfai

Looks like the majority (so far) is in favor... Wink
itsreallyreal
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am LOVING how eerie and quiet it is here right now in anticipation of the drop... Should be rolling in info in about 1 hour... Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> OpAphid: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: