Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mooninites Terrorize Boston!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
itsreallyreal
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is it they say?... ANY publicity is GOOD publicity?...

How many old peole will now tune in to see that the Caertoon Network is not "Just for Kids"???

This could be the end of Adult Swim as we know uit people! Shocked
Mirage
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AutoPilate wrote:
So Ben Affleck isn't the only imbecile to come out of Boston.

Matt Damon?
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

their bail/plead hearing was just on TV.
The judge they got seems to be pretty damn biased if you ask me. And the lawyer they got is an idiot and contradictory. I honestly hope adult swim will put some cash up for these guys for better representation...because damn i felt like throwing something at the TV when i heard this man talk

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
autumneternal
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AutoPilate wrote:
You want to know how frigging moronic Bostonians are? These devices have been in place for two to three weeks in ten cities: Boston; New York; Los Angeles; Chicago; Atlanta; Seattle; Portland, Ore.; Austin, Texas; San Francisco; and Philadelphia. Now the governor of Massachussetts, to cover up the embarrassment of looking like a complete drooling idiot with the city's overreacting, says "It's a hoax - and it's not funny". Whatever, Gov. Patrick. We didn't see this kind of paranoia take hold of those nine other cities, and one of those nine was New York!

Hey, don't peg all Bostonians in as morons. Basically, those who overreacted were morons, the police, after the confirmed these "devices" weren't bombs, were morons, and the government was mornic for not accepting that it was Turner Broadcasting's doing when the contacted them to tell them as much.

I'm a Bostonian and I find all this hysterical. Expecially because of the length of time these things have been up, and the fact that they were fashioned after some of the funniest characters from ATHF.

In fact, my boyfriend and I have bought some shirts commemorating the event and we plan on wearing them with pride. Here's a picture of the shirt, (linked because of the "obscene gesture" the character is making).

The best part is that the news stations are still covering this, (of course, in light of the arrest of the two guys who put them up). Know what phrase I'm officially sick of hearing? "In this post-9/11 world..."

This whole thing can be summed up in one word: Hilarious!

The reference to Bruce Wayne and the hamster tags all make sense now!
AutoPilate
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I apologise for my generalisation. I must possess one of these shirts! Laughing
AutoPilate
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

http://weeklydig.com/blog/articles/terror_outrage

Quote:
Next, let’s all get out our dictionary and look up “hoax”, shall we? Because while “War of the Worlds” was a hoax, this was not. There was no subterfuge involved, and no effort made to convince people that these devices were bombs. If I see a scary looking tree out my bedroom window, think it’s a monster, and then discover upon closer inspection that it isn’t, it doesn’t mean the tree has perpetrated a hoax against me. What it means is that for a moment I took leave of my senses. And just because I’m embarrassed about it doesn’t give me the right to go cut down the tree.

autumneternal
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AutoPilate wrote:
I apologise for my generalisation. I must possess one of these shirts! Laughing

It's quite alright. It's a bit of an expected reaction, but I just wanted to clear it up that not all Bostonians are clueless, stuffy, paranoid people. Very Happy

AutoPilate wrote:
Laughing

http://weeklydig.com/blog/articles/terror_outrage

Quote:
Next, let’s all get out our dictionary and look up “hoax”, shall we? Because while “War of the Worlds” was a hoax, this was not. There was no subterfuge involved, and no effort made to convince people that these devices were bombs. If I see a scary looking tree out my bedroom window, think it’s a monster, and then discover upon closer inspection that it isn’t, it doesn’t mean the tree has perpetrated a hoax against me. What it means is that for a moment I took leave of my senses. And just because I’m embarrassed about it doesn’t give me the right to go cut down the tree.

This is just about the center of the argument now over here for anyone who actually has any sense. Lots of people are wondering why it's being referred to as a hoax. If you ask me, the government is trying to cover their shame by using this word instead of accepting responsibility that they overreacted after discovering the first one wasn't a bomb.

They're claiming that Turner Broadcasting, and the marketing firm who was responsible for the movie promotions are irresponsible and purposely withheld the truth until they'd gained enough momentum for this to become a promotion on their part. However, Boston police withheld the information from the public that these were not bomb until late afternoon. It was fairly obvious when they had no emergency medical personnel at any of the sites that there was no real threat to anyone. I think they were just trying to continue to incite panic.

And I'm really, really sick of hearing the phrase "In a post-9/11 world..." I can't stress that enough.

"In a post-9/11 world, we should all live in extreme fear of anything and everything that isn't familiar to us and incite mass panic when we do come across something of this nature."

Oh, and I love how Boston is trying to make the fact that two of the hijacked planes left from here on 9/11 our claim to fame now. Yeah...that's what we want to be remembered for!

This is my favorite quote:
Quote:
Scaring an entire region, tying up the T and major roadway, and forcing first responders to spend 12 hours chasing down trinkets instead of terrorists is marketing run amok. –Rep. Ed Markey

Because we're chasing around terrorists every day around here? That's news to me! Laughing

The reference to Bruce Wayne and the hamster tags all make sense now!
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow.

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.
Bagged, tagged, sold to the butcher at the store.
AutoPilate
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

autumneternal wrote:
Oh, and I love how Boston is trying to make the fact that two of the hijacked planes left from here on 9/11 our claim to fame now. Yeah...that's what we want to be remembered for!

If it's any consolation, I'll always remember it for the huge crush I used to have on Shelley Long.
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it helps...it just makes me think of Larry Bird. Of course I'm from Indiana, too.

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.
Bagged, tagged, sold to the butcher at the store.
7Harry7Potter7
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers!

*ahem*

*scampers away*

Coming July 21, 2007!!!!!!!

784 pages
Kanazaka
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I chuckled a bit when I first read an article about this, but I still think that the arrested guys were a bit out of line when they went on a tangent about hairstyles in front of the press. Yeah, this isn't a serious situation, but do you really want to come across as a-holes? And it doesn't help that they look like stoners Confused . But this shouldn't even be a big news story, so I'm surprised that the media even cares what the guys had to say. And I'm sure that one day Boston will look back at this and say "What the heck were we thinking?"
Mirage
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"It was wicked scary." Laughing
7Harry7Potter7
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMAO Mirage!

Coming July 21, 2007!!!!!!!

784 pages
Mirage
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cant take the credit unfortunately, it was on Best Week Ever Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Off the Cuff All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: