Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Explain, please
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:16 pm    Post subject: Explain, please Reply with quote

I keep reading how people think that Jonas is part of the Order because he asked Daniel if he had his cell phone on him before he went out to get boozed up.

Now, I understand completely that darling Op has been using his cell transmission to track him.

What I don't get is why they would even need to do that if Jonas really was part of the Order. Wouldn't he just call them and tell them that Thing 1 and Thing 2 were staying at his house? I find it hard to believe that Op has no way of getting in touch with her operatives or that she doesn't know where he would live if he was involved with the Order.

Maybe I'm just being stubborn, but perhaps someone could explain their reasoning a little bit for me....
Marbella
Ambassador

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ziola, all of these issues confuse me also.

It seems whatever plot conclusion we come to, there are holes found in the logic. I don't understand the white vans following if Jonas is with the order. Why would they be necessary?
*Daniel's Fan Club Founder
http://www.youtube.com/whitetigerdream
*My Books: http://www.laurapaxton.com/borderline.html
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marbella, I am glad to see I'm not the only one who sees the great big holes in some of these theories...
ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see how he could be, Ziola.

He may just be an informant for Op. He shares some information with them, but is cautious when providing it. He won't directly communicate with them for fear that they will discover his location. After all, if Op succeeds, she won't leave any loose ends.

I'm not saying I even subscribe to the theory. I'm just pointing out how it is plausible.
loobylou
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems to me more and more that the plot is being made up as the creators go along, hence all the holes in the storyline. I just turn a blind eye and hope that either 1. all will be explained or 2. I will forget about the hole and carry on obliviously!!
bethy
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I keep reading how people think that Jonas is part of the Order because he asked Daniel if he had his cell phone on him before he went out to get boozed up.

I think the argument is more that is backs up a theory is all. There's still some confusion about who does what. The Watchers were introduced by Gemma...there are some who think that the Watchers are actually protecting Bree...and that Jonas is a Watcher himself. Gemma, who was acting as a friend, warned Bree and Daniel about the watchers....thus encouraging them to try to ditch them. Well, if Gemma's interests were Op's (as we assume)... why would she try to have them ditch the watchers?

The GPS tracker on Daniel's car (which was never really verified as exisiting)....was that placed by Watchers or by Op?

If the Watchers are using Daniel's cell to track him like Op did, then it would make sense that JOnas would remind him to keep is close by.

I mean, really....an empty house in the middle of nowhere with bad cell reception??? That's the exact type of place one would go if they needed protection.

Remember, Gemma was adamant against going to see Jonas. SHe wanted them to go home.

It's all theory at this point. Nobody knows, really, who is who. I get the impression that OpAphid and the The Watchers are different factions, both with similar interests and goals.
deagol
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I don't understand is, why is it so suspicious to make sure your friend has his cell, when he's about to go for a night out and some fun on his own, so he can call you for a ride, or to let you know he'll spend the night out, or if there's any emergency like his car breaking down? I thought being concerned for your friends' well being was a good thing. I can't see that as confirmation of any theory, except that Jonas sees Daniel as his buddy.

For me it's pretty common and normal to have family and friends reminding me to take my cell or to keep it charged and turned on in case I need them or they need to contact me.
ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with deagol, here.

However, as Jonas has recently made everyone aware that he (and the location of his home) is known by the people who frequent the Bowling Alley, it also follows that if he were to now return to his home, Op would have no trouble locating him. In fact, I'm sure that she now knows exactly where Jonas lives.

I was hesitant to add this information here as I didn't know if you all really wanted to discuss the theory here, or if it should be moved to the Plot Discussion thread.
fuzzy_bunny85
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that they are probably just getting too comfortable. I think that if Jonas was in the Order he would've turned her over already. I mean, what is he waiting for. And why would Gemma not have wanted Bree to go with him.

Jonas isn't in the order.
Ruberic
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is my theory...try to follow my thoughts as I may be using "stream of consciousness" in this post.

"The Order" is a cultic group that sees itself as the chosen ones selected to test humanity, and to find those who best can serve the true nature of humanity.

There is good and evil, and humanity is about to be tested (so the order believes). In a very real way, they are sifting through individuals as one would sift sand...forcing a type of darwinian theory on individuals they have picked. They set certain people up to see how they react, and if they are up to the task they may be chosen for.

Like a chess game, each piece is tested. Everyone is part of their game, whether they are aware of it or not. Tachyon, Brother, Gemma, etc. They are all playing, they are all being tested, they all have their part in the chess game.

Tachyon was part of the order, and betrayed them. She was found not to be trustworthy, but she still has her place. The order utilizes her to find weak members and delete them from the pool. Purifying the true order (Bye-bye gemma)

Others are tested by being privy to the full truth (or having the truth totally revealed), and then watching how they react. If they keep the revelation safe...they are worthy. If not, they are punished and removed from the chosen order (bree's father)

Brother infiltrated the order, but his lust and other personality problems caused him to stumble. He is being used with tachyon, but his behavior is of use to the order as well.

Jonas is part of the order, but his test is that he was not fully aware of what the order was. His parents belonged, and thus he just followed what his parents brought him up for. The order is testing his dedication. Will he follow through, or will he also betray them. He is currently being tested.

Daniel's parents are lower members of the order, and they are testing his dedication to his friends. They are testing his resourcefullness. They are testing to see if he is worthy to being brought higher into the order depending on how he protects Bree, how he follows through.

Bree? Well, her arrogance and her naivety is well used by the order. The choose several girls, and isolate them to protect this naivety...this "purity" of personality. It is through these girls that they test everyone around them without the others realizing. Everyone is thrown to protecting or betraying this "innocent" person...and that is how they are tested. Bree isn't needed for anything special, but the order is using her for a ceremony of darwinian sorts.

The stuff Tachy has intercepted or stolen...reveals the truth to the manipulation that the order has created.

Did any of this make sense?
sphinx
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else miss the time when there was actually a game, and clues, and fact to reference back to.

Everything is all speculation since December, which is pretty much what LG15 has always been about.

It used to be fun to speculate and come up with ideas when you could logically theorize and present a solid case.

Yeah.

Good Times.
tiltingwindward
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, so try this theory on for size. Jonas is working with the Order, and the thing the Order wants most is for Bree and Daniel to stop running and stay where they can keep an eye on them. Maybe the Order doesn't want them for anything right away, or maybe they weren't ready to deal with them yet. So they contact Operative Jonas and instruct him to delay the Royal Couple. He promptly invites them to his mansion, where he wines, dines, skateboards, and foosballs them. The Royal Couple are now stationary and an eye can be kept on them...and they can be retrieved whenever convenient.

BUT, there are times, sadly, when Jonas cannot attend them. At these times, the Order falls back on the good old standbys, like bugging Daniel's cell phone. And therefore, when Daniel wants to go out for a night on the town, Jonas knows that it's important for Daniel to have his phone and tells him so. It SOUNDS reasonable, because Daniel will need a ride home. It is prudent. Daniel, distressed as he is by the loss of Bree and his lack of social skills, doesn't think much of it and takes the phone.

Conclusion: Jonas might actually have a functioning brain. Much as I hate to admit it.
krmurr87
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my theory is along the lines of all of yours...I do believe that Jonas is in the order, because his parents were, but that he hasn't turned them over to Order yet because he has gotten so close to bree and daniel that he has had a change of heart. I think that Bree was suppose to get caught with her father and that the reason Jonas automaticallly told everyone that "bree had stolen his things and ran" was because he didn't want daniel to go looking for her.
So then he had to bring daniel to find bree and when Daniel went to go grab Bree the Order didn't chase after her because they assumed Jonas would take care of them later...and when he failed to and let them escape the order became furious and therefore told him that he had to redeem himself or else
And so now we have Jonas taking Bree up to the mountains where he has Dan stored Shocked
autumneternal
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

krmurr87 wrote:
I do believe that Jonas is in the order, because his parents were

Where was it said definitively that Jonas' parents were a part of the Order? Or is that just speculation? I don't remember him ever saying they were a part of the Order, just that they disappeared at sea. He seems to have never heard of the Order until he started watching Bree's blogs/met Bree.

The reference to Bruce Wayne and the hamster tags all make sense now!
fuzzy_bunny85
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sphinx wrote:
Anyone else miss the time when there was actually a game, and clues, and fact to reference back to.

Everything is all speculation since December, which is pretty much what LG15 has always been about.

It used to be fun to speculate and come up with ideas when you could logically theorize and present a solid case.

Yeah.

Good Times.

Agreed. I'm uber bored with this "game", as I'm sure pretty much EVERYONE else is. Right now the whole thing is pretty much l-a-m-e. Even though I didn't really contribute to the early puzzles, I still enjoyed following them... ahh those were the days...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> OpAphid: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: