Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RIP Anna Nicole Smith
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PinkoLady
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who cares? She's so irrelevant.
Cuddlebunni
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PinkoLady wrote:

The baby, or Anna??

ForeverMourn is my LG15 soulmate. Smile
nobackspacebutton
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cuddlebunni wrote:
PinkoLady wrote:

The baby, or Anna??

Anna. Laughing

BA Tells Lies.

Some things are secret for a reason.
There are people whose lives are dedicated to keeping them that way.
Cuddlebunni
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I think she is relevant to those who loved her. Confused

No matter what her problems were, she was still a human being. And she had people who cared about her. Imagine losing one of your loved ones.. of course they are "relevant" to you.

I do agree that the media goes waaaay overboard when covering these types of stories, and sometimes enough is enough, and some topics about what happened don't mean much... but I wouldnt say she as a person is/was "irrelevant" Everyone deserves some amount of respect.

PinkoLady
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like she gave respect to so many others? Please, I'm more concerned about other people dying pretty much anywhere else. There are conflicts going on that people don't even know about--atrocities, tragedies no one gives a shit about, and people are mourning some glorified gold digger who never did anything for anybody.

I don't see any thread that says "RIP hundreds of Haitian children kidnapped, taken into slavery, raped and worked to death in the Dominican Republic."
PinkoLady
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, I hate to sound all high and mighty, holier-than-thou, but really-- it's frustrating. In context of the rest of the world, hell, the rest of the country that's suffering and not important enough to get massive press coverage-- this is irrelevant. Not to quantify death, but the media really screws with priorities.
Cuddlebunni
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you, the media does infact screw with priorities.

The sad thing is that people watch. People wanna hear about all the drama and gossip and stuff, and the media knows that, so they report on it knowing they will catch viewers attention. I am guilty of watching it myself.

You are right though, there are so many other deaths and tragedies happening around the world that never get reported on bcuz of stories like this one taking up all the time.

I'm not saying its right, I was just merely saying she was a person, and whether you liked her or not, or agreed with her decisions, she did have people who cared about her.

Im sure some other "celebrity" will make headlines soon, the media will latch onto it, and the attention will be taken off anna and this story...

spaciegirlreturn
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PinkoLady wrote:

I care. A lot of people care, obviously. I'm sure that even while you're so concerned with numerous global atrocities, you can still comprehend that she did have a family and a lot of fans who's lives were in some way touched by her. Perhaps these people saw something in her you obviously didn't. I think what you said was (intentionally) inflamatory and pretty disrespectful.... especially considering some of us were fans. I just don't see the point in posting something like that and then to continue on and call her a "glorified gold digger" and say that she never did anything for anyone....that's just adding insult to injury really. Did you know her personally? Isn't your opinion of her based on "knowledge" garnered from the same media you criticize? Not cool.
Ashley
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PinkoLady wrote:

Tell that to the child she left behind.
PinkoLady
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Children are "left behind" every day. They're not kids of celebrities, so they don't matter? It's terrible to lose your mother, but goddamnit, her kid is going to be well provided for, and I'm sure you're aware there are a ton of kids out there worth your concern who don't have that guarantee.

My knowledge of her is gained from what I know of her show, and interviews with her family that I saw-- it seems she treated some of them pretty badly, though I'm sure you know all about that. I don't think she's worth all the news time she's taking up. There are people other than her dying, in massive numbers, and I'm sick of the fact that nobody gives a shit about them.

You're entitled to feel how you want about her, but the coverage her death is getting is pissing me the hell off-- I explained this before, and in nicer terms (after my intial comment), and if you don't want to take it for what it is, that's up to you.
agent_fondue
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PinkoLady wrote:
Children are "left behind" every day. They're not kids of celebrities, so they don't matter? It's terrible to lose your mother, but goddamnit, her kid is going to be well provided for, and I'm sure you're aware there are a ton of kids out there worth your concern who don't have that guarantee.

My knowledge of her is gained from what I know of her show, and interviews with her family that I saw-- it seems she treated some of them pretty badly, though I'm sure you know all about that. I don't think she's worth all the news time she's taking up. There are people other than her dying, in massive numbers, and I'm sick of the fact that nobody gives a shit about them.

You're entitled to feel how you want about her, but the coverage her death is getting is pissing me the hell off-- I explained this before, and in nicer terms (after my intial comment), and if you don't want to take it for what it is, that's up to you.

How many other threads in off the cuff are irrelevant?
If this topic is so irrelevant to you why are you discussing it so fervently?

Vote 'mute in '08! - because Paris Hilton and P. Diddy will both talk about it for months without acctually doing it themselves.

"Celebrate we will for life is short but sweet for certain."
PinkoLady
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And if she did mean so much to you, I apologize for my insensitive comments. I'm sorry for your loss.

It still sickens me though, that people without the intense emotional attachment you seem to have to her-- people who don't know her any more than they know victims of "numerous global atrocities" are more concerned about the gossip and intrigue surrounding this than real, horrible tragedies.

They're not just "numberous global atrocities," by the way, they're also real people with families and friends and they're being slaughtered, raped, enslaved for no reason. Would it help you care about them if they had reality TV shows? Fans? Centerfolds? What does she have that makes this such a tragedy that they don't?

If you think I'm just ignorant to this amazing person Anna Nicole Smith secretly was, and maybe that's true--- admittedly, I really just don't get it.

Last edited by PinkoLady on Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:00 am; edited 1 time in total
PinkoLady
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

agent_fondue wrote:

Because I don't think the greater issue is irrelevant. It may have been unfair for me to just direct this at you guys, when I'm talking about it in the context of everything-- all the media attention, everything.

I was actually honestly wondering why people cared about this situation so much as opposed to other things-- I just asked it in a bitchy, not at all pragmatic way. Rolling Eyes I can admit that.
agent_fondue
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PinkoLady wrote:
And if she did mean so much to you, I apologize for my insensitive comments. I'm sorry for your loss.

I almost believed you there...

Quote:
It still sickens me though, that people without the intense emotional attachment you seem to have to her-- people who don't know her any more than they know victims of "numerous global atrocities" are more concerned about the gossip and intrigue surrounding this than real, horrible tragedies.

Who has has expressed anything here nearing a "intense emotional attachment" here. We have all mearly mulled over how sad the situation is for the newly born child.

Quote:
They're not just "number global atrocities," by the way, they're also real people with families and friends and they're being slaughtered, raped, enslaved for no reason. Would it help you care about them if they had reality TV shows? Fans? Centerfolds? What does she have that makes this such a tragedy that they don't?

and when someone posts a topic about such I'm sure the same sympathies and concerns would be posted there, but this topic however is about Anna Nicole Smith.

Quote:
If you think I'm just ignorant to this amazing person Anna Nicole Smith secretly was, and maybe that's true--- admittedly, I really just don't get it.

As you previously said you have much distain for the fact this is being so widely covered, many of us are seeing this news story daily. This is a place we come to talk about things that interupt our day to day, therfore we talk about just that.
I think you have taken a fairly innocent topic and blown it ridiculously out of proportion.
Obviously you just don't get it.

edited to "pick apart correctly"

Vote 'mute in '08! - because Paris Hilton and P. Diddy will both talk about it for months without acctually doing it themselves.

Last edited by agent_fondue on Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:10 am; edited 1 time in total
agent_fondue
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PinkoLady wrote:
agent_fondue wrote:

Because I don't think the greater issue is irrelevant. It may have been unfair for me to just direct this at you guys, when I'm talking about it in the context of everything-- all the media attention, everything.

I was actually honestly wondering why people cared about this situation so much as opposed to other things-- I just asked it in a bitchy, not at all pragmatic way. Rolling Eyes I can admit that.

So, accuse everyone who has posted here of being stupid....
Thats a good way of going about getting an objective opinion.

Last edited by agent_fondue on Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Off the Cuff All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12

Jump to: