Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[VIDEO] 2-10-07 The Human Ransom
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tiltingwindward
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, some thoughts garnered over the last 5 pages or so (geez, you guys get busy when I go to work!). My apologies if some of these things have been settled to everyone's satisfaction, and I just missed that as I read through the thread:

-The blackout between the flashbang and the escape- We know that Daniel had help editing this video, and it was almost certainly help from either Brother or Tachyon. We know that both of those people like to add dramatic effects to their work. Therefore, it seems reasonable to assume that the blackout is meant to both indicate passage of time and satisfy Brother/Tachyon's creative urges...and nothing more.

-The echo chamber effect- There are two parts to this. First, I reiterate that when we see Lucy running up the stairs, we hear the echoes of other footsteps behind her. I know we have all been in the stairwells of tall buildings and can relate to this noise. Jonas may have only had to deal with Lucy at first, but I think the rest of the Order was not far behind her.

Second, has anyone thought of the effect of firing a gun inside one of those stairways? The echoes would be unbelievable. Even if Lucy were packing, I'm sure that she'd look for other options before bursting her eardrums with a gunshot (and the point about Uma Thurman is well made, and well taken).

-Assumptions about Bree's intelligence- I'm not assuming Bree did anything or thought of anything I didn't see her do or hear her think. This includes putting in earplugs, meditating to reduce the effects of the flashbang, disapparating, or anything else.

-Symbolic flying things-itsreallyreal, I completely agree that Brother flying a chopper and Tachyon's arrival on a plane puts all the flying objects we've seen into a whole new perspective. I'm glad someone else was thinking that. Smile

-Malaysian Air- Bethy, I know there was discussion about Tachyon's plane being from Malaysian Air, but as I recall that was disproved somewhere earlier in the thread. I can't find it right now, but I think it was somewhere in the first 4-5 pages.

-Etc.- Two more things: I agree with the arguments for Tachyon having been in the area for awhile, helping to plan this shindig, but I think it raises a question: if Tachyon was there, did Brother know? Or were his increasingly emo voicemails a cover to mislead OpA? Also, building have fire escapes. They are required to by law. And as some clever person pointed out above, those fire escapes, when in the internal structure of the building, are often right by the elevator.

Edit: one more, sorry. Come and get it: nope, they probably wouldn't say that, because they aren't Cassie. They would say "Tag, you're it," though. Smile
ladron121
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

toadlguy wrote:

What if they dropped something (or left something) in their haste to escape and the point of the video was so that we get it before OP. They can't really go back themselves. Prob. wouldn't say "come and get it".

Anybody been to the building?

I strongly suggest that NO ONE go to the building until we get some kind of confirmation from OpAphid, Tachyon, etc that something is there to pick up.
From all the in depth research done in this thread, that building seems to be operational with people actually working in it. We shouldn't bother them until instructed otherwise Smile

Also, there has never been a drop during all of this that has been indoors. Something about some idiot driving around at 2am to pick items up...
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heh. Well said, idiot Wink

Laughing j/k
Magesa
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good post, tiltingwindward.

A word about editing videos:

Tachyon loves dramatic effects. She loves lots of pictures (most of which don't have great meaning.) There may be something with the oil, but I don't think we should stress it. The blackouts, waiting in-between shots, all for aethetics. Even the "Wait -- Stop!" seemed to partially have something to do with the rewind.

Someone pointed out that the oil helped build tension.

Also, Tachyon definitely drove to the building, before, may not much before... it starts way over from Tachyon's eyes.

Good job with all the locations though, people!

Maybe it is a drop... I've never followed drops. She might not say "Tag You're It" because its not just her vid, but the trio's as well. But we may be over-analyzing here!
Magesa
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ladron121 wrote:
From all the in depth research done in this thread, that building seems to be operational with people actually working in it. We shouldn't bother them until instructed otherwise Smile

Yes... Lol, imagine all the weird looks you'd get when you told them what you were looking for! Laughing
Loki
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far the only one who hasn't given a tagline to indicate a drop is Op herself. Aside from that, every other drop has been indicated by the "Tag, you're it" line from Tachy or, even earlier than that, the "Come and get it." which was CiW's. So this probably isn't a drop.

That said, I must agree with lad. Nobody should go until it is proven whether this is a drop or not.

Everything is not as it first appears.

Knowledge is power. Knowledge shared is power lost. -- Aleister Crowley
tiltingwindward
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would strongly discourage anyone from considering this a drop. One of the strongest characteristics of Tachyon so far is her "calling card," the phrase "Tag, you're it," to indicate a drop. Brother has never left a drop. Bree, Daniel and Jonas have never left a drop. OpA just tells us to go get something. I do not believe we will be given a drop without a clear indication to tell us that that is what it is.

(Magesa, this was not directed solely at you; I just feel very strongly about not going off on a wild goose chase just because we want a drop. Our idiot drives enough as it is. Smile )
Magesa
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tiltingwindward wrote:
(Magesa, this was not directed solely at you; I just feel very strongly about not going off on a wild goose chase just because we want a drop. Our idiot drives enough as it is. Smile )

No offense taken. I know nothing about drops. You are probably right. I don't want people charging into that building!
toadlguy
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tilting - I bow to those that have been involved with the OpAphid story - but there must be some significance to half the video being a bunch of scenes leading to a location - the Wilshire building. Maybe not a drop - but why else be so specific (And I do mean why else be so specific - I am not encouraging a wild goose chase). Why, for instance, show the front of a very distinctive building - in the past the Creators have been pretty generic.
Magesa
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

toadlguy wrote:
tilting - I bow to those that have been involved with the OpAphid story - but there must be some significance to half the video being a bunch of scenes leading to a location - the Wilshire building. Maybe not a drop - but why else be so specific (And I do mean why else be so specific - I am not encouraging a wild goose chase). Why, for instance, show the front of a very distinctive building - in the past the Creators have been pretty generic.

Well, at least we know where it is... people, quiet intellectual talk, don't go crazy. (I know, it makes my head hurt as well.)
cynicar
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

toadlguy wrote:

Maybe the location will be used in a future drop? But the important thing to keep in mind is that we are always told explicitly when something has been left behind. It's kind of part of the code of the thing. Until we revceive that notification, it's likely the PM's don't even have the drop ready, so showing up would be a waste of time.

Also, maybe the creators have just realized that we try to figure out the locations anyways, so why not shoot prettier buildings than they've been using? Maybe there's something in the name of the building? There are a lot of alternative explanations.
Loki
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As was said earlier, Tachyon and Brother have both been known to fill their videos with meaningless fluff to distract us from the true purpose of the videos. It's what's know as a "red herring" something that looks like the right answer, but isn't.

Location, in this case, is irrelevant. Content is everything.

Everything is not as it first appears.

Knowledge is power. Knowledge shared is power lost. -- Aleister Crowley
Magesa
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loki wrote:
As was said earlier, Tachyon and Brother have both been known to fill their videos with meaningless fluff to distract us from the true purpose of the videos. It's what's know as a "red herring" something that looks like the right answer, but isn't.

Good point... yes, they do tend to put a lot of images in their vids. This was just as much for aethestics and storylines, maybe the oil has nothing to do with it. But it's cool to know where it's at.

(And I'm still open to the idea that it could be a drop, I'm just leaning towards its not at the moment.)

Last edited by Magesa on Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:16 am; edited 1 time in total
toadlguy
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loki wrote:

Of course - you could use that logic to ignore anything. Laughing
Maybe it isn't a drop. The Endeavor Talent Agency (the basis for Ari Gold's Agency in Entourage) is located there. They have quite a talent list:
http://www.answers.com/topic/endeavor-talent-agency
Maybe they just picked up a few lesser known internet talents.
Maybe it's a video business card.
onsweetavenue
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Logan wrote:

First off - Lost still hasn't answered what the hell the smokey monster is. Guess which episode it originally appeared? That's right - the first one..
Well, at least we SAW the smokey monster. before we were just watching it destory things and people wer elike "what is this, is this a dinosaur?" lol. We do find some answers. We found out where walt was! and...now he's gone again. Such is lost Smile.

Quote:
Secondly - conflicting reports. One is a sad song off of Brother's voicemail suggesting failure. Another is off of Tachyon's with Jim Carroll's "People Who Died."

Personally, it could go either way as to whether or not Gemma is dead. I wish she'd hurry up and get off school so she can get back in the game. Unless she's dead. Then it's a moot point.
I know about all that - i used to think that she's dead since there's been so much passed time. Now i'm on the fence. If someone killed her it was tachy herself. Men can't do anything on lonelygirl15 Wink.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> OpAphid: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 13 of 14

Jump to: