Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Discussion] Status of Jonas and Daniel
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ladron121
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:59 pm    Post subject: [Discussion] Status of Jonas and Daniel Reply with quote

Ok, so the last vid left us with a lot of questions. Two that stick out in my mind more than any other are:

1) Physical status of Jonas: watching the video, there is no way he got up that ladder before Lucy got to them. Hell, Bree would have barely got up there. So the question is what happened to Jonas? Was he captured? Did he throw Lucy down the stairs to escape? If he did get away, looks kinda suspicious, like maybe the Order let him go for some reason...

2) Mental status of Daniel: so was he brainwashed, or just drugged? If just drugged, then he should be fine. But brainwashed, he is still probably under control of The Order. So what does that mean for Bree, or Tachyon for that matter now that they are all hanging out?

IMO: Jonas has been with the Order, and his whole "Storm the Castle" vid was either a message for them to expect something, or a way to entice Tachyon to get involved in this as part of a trap. If Daniel is still brainwashed, he will be helping the Order as well. Either way, there is at least one spy from the Order with Bree, Tach, etc.
SapereAudeo
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do we know how many flights down Lucy was, or in what physical condition she was? She seemed to be holding onto the railing, which would suggest that she was impaired somewhat. (which would have given the trio more time to escape)

I'd suggest drugged for Daniel...how long does it take to brainwash someone? While I have the utmost faith in the ruthless power of Oppy, is a mere three days really enough time?
janesalteredstates
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Tachyon did indeed throw the 'bomb' doesn't that mean she was in the building?

Was anyone behind Lucy? Shocked

Edit because I tend to be too vague.
I was suggesting a far fetched theory that Tachyon was following closely behind. No real good reason to think this.

Jonas could have just kicked Lucy in the sunglasses.

Cool
girlAnachronism
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been wondering about Daniel. In the video description he didn't sound all together. I'm wondering if the Order managed to turn him and he'll end up leading Bree back to them.

OR [totally out there thought] maybe the Order has somehow incapacitated Daniel. Whether they stole his kidney or injected him with a poison that they only have the antidote to, or took his binkey, I'm not sure. Then they would have leverage for Daniel (or Bree) to go back and bargain with them again.
ladron121
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SapereAudeo wrote:
Do we know how many flights down Lucy was, or in what physical condition she was? She seemed to be holding onto the railing, which would suggest that she was impaired somewhat. (which would have given the trio more time to escape)

I'd suggest drugged for Daniel...how long does it take to brainwash someone? While I have the utmost faith in the ruthless power of Oppy, is a mere three days really enough time?

Lucy was a flight down when Bree got on the ladder, so she would have made it.
cosmicdancer
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Daniel was just really out of it considering what he's been through. He sounded like someone who was on painkillers. He's probably really exhausted and confused about what the heck just happened to him.

And I also agree that Jonas could have easily fought off Lucy. She was holding on to the railing for support as Sapere said, probably due to the flashbomb.
And even if she hadn't been dazed because of it, Jonas still has some definite lb-age on Lucy. He could have easily pushed her down the stairs.
deagol
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmicdancer wrote:
I think Daniel was just really out of it considering what he's been through. He sounded like someone who was on painkillers. He's probably really exhausted and confused about what the heck just happened to him.

And I also agree that Jonas could have easily fought off Lucy. She was holding on to the railing for support as Sapere said, probably due to the flashbomb.
And even if she hadn't been dazed because of it, Jonas still has some definite lb-age on Lucy. He could have easily pushed her down the stairs.

Unless she was packin'
ladron121
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmicdancer wrote:

If Lucy was feeling the effects of the so called "flashbang" then Bree would have been too, no matter how she prepared for it. At least Lucy was wearing sunglasses, Bree didn't have those or ear plugs. If Bree could lead that group up the stairs, Lucy wouldn't have had any trouble either.

And Jonas could have taken out Lucy, but would he?
Nieriel.Manwathiel
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean come on; Jonas is a boxer. EASY to defend himself. Very reasonable assumption that he fought her off. ("Unless she was packin"? Um, if his reflexes are faster like any good athlete, he could have knocked it out before she could ready it)

Also, simple drugging seems reasonable for Daniel because brainwashing DOES take a long time; the whole thing is "teaching" the mind something else, and who the heck can learn something complex in 3 days?? Wink
ladron121
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nieriel.Manwathiel wrote:
I mean come on; Jonas is a boxer. EASY to defend himself. Very reasonable assumption that he fought her off. ("Unless she was packin"? Um, if his reflexes are faster like any good athlete, he could have knocked it out before she could ready it)

Also, simple drugging seems reasonable for Daniel because brainwashing DOES take a long time; the whole thing is "teaching" the mind something else, and who the heck can learn something complex in 3 days?? Wink

You don't know what kind of combat training The Order has given Lucy. I'm going to guess if they put her in charge of this, she can hold her own. And are you really saying that Jonas would throw her down the stairs, possibly killing her?

I know everyone is riding a Tachyon high and all, but come on!

And its never been a question to me about if he could, its if he would. His actions during that whole situation seemed very odd...
SapereAudeo
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nieriel.Manwathiel wrote:

Even someone as 'easily amused' as Daniel Smile
diastres
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: [Discussion] Status of Jonas and Daniel Reply with quote

ladron121 wrote:
IMO: Jonas has been with the Order, and his whole "Storm the Castle" vid was either a message for them to expect something, or a way to entice Tachyon to get involved in this as part of a trap. If Daniel is still brainwashed, he will be helping the Order as well. Either way, there is at least one spy from the Order with Bree, Tach, etc.

I'm sorry, I still have a whole lot of issues with the Jonas=Order theory. And I would think you of all people would too.

Op had us go to all those locations to look for the id so she'd know the general vicinity of where Jonas lived. If Jonas was part of the Order, there'd be no reason at all to waste our gas because she'd already know.

Unless, you know, she just thinks it's fun to waste gas.

Anyway, there's like no realism to the flash bomb at all. Even if Bree closed her eyes, she'd have been deafened. And yet here we have her having a conversation with Jonas.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grenade#Stun_grenades
"The best known is the M84 Stun Grenade, commonly known as the "Flashbang", so called because it produces a blinding (1 million Candela) flash and deafening (170-180 dB SPL) blast."
"Upon detonation, the fuse/grenade body assembly remains intact and produces no fragmentation. The body is a steel hexagonal tube with holes along the sides which allow a blast of light and sound to be emitted. This is done to prevent injury from shrapnel. However, injuries resulting from the concussive properties of the detonation sometimes occur."

I agree that Jonas could have taken Lucy. I'm not sure Tachyon went with them at all though. Why else would they have been told to just trust Brother?

If Tachyon and Brother ARE together again, say goodbye to drops from them...

[19:00] * SparkleBot *sparkles: happy birthday dia*
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you know jonas is a boxer, so if Lucy did grab him, I don't think he would hold back just because she's a "woman" (lol i think she's hiding something hahaha). But You are right, there is no way that jonas could ahve gotten away.
Daniel seems alright, but it also seemed like he was being pulled up the stairs and he was dizzy. He seemed to be staggering a bit. So i'm guessing he was definately drugged.

But jonas i think is the biggest question. Just ecause e kept yelling "just got" almsot like he was saying, don't worry about me.

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tiltingwindward
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Physical status of Jonas: I think he escaped, but I have all the same suspicions about that that you do, Lad. He could maybe have fought Lucy off, but if you listen when they show the shot of Lucy coming up the stairs, there's a noise that sounds exactly like a number of other people coming up behind her. I don't think Jonas could have taken that entire crowd on by himself, even if he tried psychoanalysis (a potent weapon, in his hands).

Mental status of Daniel: He's obviously disoriented and confused in the video, but I don't think he's drugged or brainwashed. It sounds like he's just a guy who has spent the last week or so in captivity, with no idea what's going on with the people he cares about, and maybe with a little sleep deprivation thrown in. I don't think any serious brainwashing went on, at any point, and I don't think he's the mole the Order has planted in Bree's camp.

I'm still not convinced that the Order wants Bree in captivity, but one thing is now crystal clear to me: whatever the Order wants her for, they can only get her if she comes willingly and is not hurt (physically) in the process. I don't know if this has to do with the strictures of the ceremony, or if this is an order from Higher Up, but they've gone to great lengths to acquire her without ever laying a hand on her.

And where is Tachyon, now that she's made her grand debut? Is she hanging out in Jonas' house, learning to skateboard? Or did she and Brother fly off somewhere in their chopper? And are she and Brother back together, or is their relationship still on the rocks? And how long has it been since they've seen each other in person anyway?

Enough questions. Go away, tilting, before somebody gags you.
madsweeney
Suspiciously Absent

Location: Wandering the streets, pulling gold coins from the air...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bree could easily avoid the flash from the flashbang by closing her eyes, as has been said before. The bang wouldn't be as easy, but do we know exactly how much time passed between the elevator and the stairwell? There may very well have been time enough for her hearing to recover. Flashbangs aren't a long-term disabling weapon by any means.

I still don't believe the whole "Jonas = Order" thing, simply because I don't wanna. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> OpAphid: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: