Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Discussion] Puppet Master Revealed and Directing LG15
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
quizzoc
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:07 am    Post subject: [Discussion] Puppet Master Revealed and Directing LG15 Reply with quote

I think this is old news, but I don't think its really been discussed. Apparently, the puppet master/creater of the arg has been revealed as Glenn Rubenstein. http://www.lonelygirl15.com/lgpedia/index.php?title=Glenn_Rubenstein

I personally have mixed feelings about this...

For the LG15 series, I think its great. I love his directing and editing style, and I think he's taking the series in a nice direction.

However, for the ARG, I think it sucks. First, I don't want to know who's behind of all this, it messes with the TINAG aspect. Also, with Glenn spending time on directing/writing, there are FAR less puzzles. It's no coincidence that when he started writing for the series (on Dec. 18th) was when the puzzles really started to drop off. What do you guys think?
Jewelybug
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.lonelygirl15.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6382

Well, i think its FANTASTIC. by Glenn joining in on LG, yes we had a drought, but think about the opportunities it brings the ARG? THe bigger LG, the Bigger Opaphid the bigger the puzzles and drops. Besides, how long do you think he could continue to run Opaphid alone without any financial support? Hopefully LG will really pick thigns up. Hell, the Videos alone have been top notch. I can't imagine what kind of drops and puzzles he has in store for us.

Its a win win imo.

Last edited by Jewelybug on Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Mintgurl
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This means HUGE things for this ARG.
He is representing the game to perfection, and it also means this game could eventually go nationwide. LG has endless posibillities as it continues to grow. I think this is just the beginning of a great thing.
Jewelybug
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On top of that, it shows all of the LG fans that OpAphid is a serious part of this game and how much The PM and we the players bring to it
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:30 am    Post subject: Re: [Discussion] Puppet Master Revealed and Directing LG15 Reply with quote

quizzoc wrote:

However, for the ARG, I think it sucks. First, I don't want to know who's behind of all this, it messes with the TINAG aspect. Also, with Glenn spending time on directing/writing, there are FAR less puzzles. It's no coincidence that when he started writing for the series (on Dec. 18th) was when the puzzles really started to drop off. What do you guys think?

I can completely understand where you are coming from. The puzzles have dropped off, but I think that the reasons behind that are very simple. In order to fully integrate the ARG with the LG storyline they have needed to work together and really decide on a master plan. Whereas before, LG was shot a bit on a whim, they now have to coordinate both series completely in order for them to not only coincide, but also make sense. As a player, I understood that things needed to change for a while, but that eventually they would return to our idea of normal (as skewed as that is Laughing ).

And I'm still holding out hope for a bit of east coast action, to be completely honest Very Happy
ladron121
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, first off I can't believe that they posted that in the LGpedia. This may be my first ARG, but I didn't think they were supposed to reveal who the Puppet Master was under any circumstances, or at the very least not confirm it.

As far as it goes, it is good for the LG brand and the series as a whole. But do not expect the game to ever be like it was. Before, Glenn was independant, only having to worry about his own storyline. Now any move he makes has to be good for the entire franchise. The game and the series will now follow more closely together, and we don't have to worry about the series going off in one direction and totally killing our ARG *coughCASSIEcough*, but also I doubt we will see the kind of personal interaction we were seeing from the characters in the game, or the depth of game we once saw.

We are already seeing the effects. We used to have daily responses to our emails from the characters of OpAphid, Tachyon, Brother, etc. Now it seems like if we are lucky we get one a week. We haven't had a proper puzzle in two months (ever since he took over writing for the LG series), and we have had a total of 3 OpAphid vids and one Tachyon/Bree vid in the last 2 months as well.

There are things we need to work on because of the merging of the game and series. There is still a serious split between the LG and OpAphid people. We still tend to stay in our respective parts of the forums, but that can't be anymore. After the last video, a lot of LG people who are new to the game have become interested in drops because of the disk that Tachyon left with Bree. We have a set of rules for drops, puzzles, and discussion, to make sure that things run smoothly and no information is mishandled or not shared. I'm hoping that they will come over to our boards, read how things are handled, and participate with us.

My ranting is done, continue w/ your day Smile
Luv2Luvem
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really dissapointed. Yes, the videos have been better recently, but the PM should not have been revealed imo.

Oh and for what it's worth that is the "Brother" I spoke with.

I shall get some rest when the profile tells me to.
bethy
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropped off?? They've been practically non-existent. Clearly, his attention has been elsewhere, and while it still is with the project, I have to say that the ARG has suffered for it. It's been 2 full months since we've have regular activity. A puzzle here and there is okay, but it's been somewhat pointless. What was the point of the braille puzzle in the video? to hear Daniel's voice mail? Big whoop...I didn't see any added value with it. It was fun to solve the puzzle...but it really seemed like "busy" work more than anything else. And sending Tachy to Fiji??? Now that's a convenient way of stopping the action while he focuses on other stuff. Plus, the reveal of the puppet master is usually (though not always) part of the end of an ARG.

Although, I like that The Creators are willing to adopt his ideas. It's clear he's kind of been leading the story for the last two months. PLUS, having the "big picture" behind him will mean financial assistance for the ARG (I hope). Running ans ARG isn't cheap...so that's a good thing. HOWEVER...

The ARG is on life support right now. I know plenty of people who gave up a month ago. I mean, really...give it life or pull the plug. But by announcing he's the guy behind the curtain....it seems like, I dunno...despite the new ARC name, there's nothing happening. It was announced 9...10 days ago...nada.

I'm not trying to be overly critical here...but if he needs help keeping the ARG going, then he should find a few "lieutenant puppets". I think they need a team to work on the ARG as well. Even volunteers who take Glenn's direction...but at least keep the ARG alive. I'm sure there are several people here who would be more than willing to give their time and talent to help. Totally anonymously, of course....I don't think any of us would want to know who the "others" are. Wink
Danielle
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh well, I sure hope the LG15 people are paying him a lot for saving their series.

Or they'll be hearing about it from Canada.
<DTayl> i'm the bad sister
Mintgurl
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luv2Luvem wrote:
I'm really dissapointed. Yes, the videos have been better recently, but the PM should not have been revealed imo.

Oh and for what it's worth that is the "Brother" I spoke with.

Yep, Glenn also plays the part of "Brother/10033"
Pretty cool knowing it was him that I talked to on the phone,
as "Brother" Smile
Sad Panda
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think everyone needs to cut Glenn a break ... its not easy melding two different storylines together. And since he's been working on the LG15 vids, they've gotten much better.

He needs time to get the ARG back and running, but I have faith that now the SL seems to be moving along it won't be long now.

BTW, I hope no one tries to track him down the way they did when the Creators were discovered.
Jewelybug
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*takes off her spy glasses, compass, google earth and cancels plane reservation*

panda. you are such a party pooper.

Sad
Sad Panda
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure he'd invite you if you asked.

Then it wouldnt be stalking.

I don't think the boy would like that tho. Wink
Jewelybug
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah. Good point....

Fine. point taken Wink
tigerlilylynn

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad Panda wrote:
I think everyone needs to cut Glenn a break ... its not easy melding two different storylines together. And since he's been working on the LG15 vids, they've gotten much better.

He needs time to get the ARG back and running, but I have faith that now the SL seems to be moving along it won't be long now.

BTW, I hope no one tries to track him down the way they did when the Creators were discovered.

AHHH!!! SL is not a valid abbreviation for Storyline. It is that of which we do not speak..much..sorta. Second Life. BLARG
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> OpAphid: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: