Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[DISCUSSION] Locations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ladron121
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so I was gone, but now back. In regards to locations:

The drops started in LA, then headed north via Interstate 5. Los Angeles is the location of the OpAphid base where Tachyon stole all that information from, then Pea Soup Andersens in Santa Nella, CA, etc. They then settled in the Bay Area, and if you pay close attention they are all within a decent proximity of Petaluma, CA, which is where Tachyon went to high school. It would make sense that she would stay in her "comfort zone".

From the last drop, at the Yokayo Bowl, we found where Daniel was. Since the bar at the bowling alley is the one that Jonas used to frequent, it is assumed that Jonas lives in the Ukiah, CA area. There are a lot of hills, private land in that area, so his "mansion" could be set back out of the way.

If you have any other questions about California, PM me Smile
CrazyIvan1745
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.

I have found out a lot more and will post more tmw afternoon but it is 11PM and I need sleep. I will go ahead and post better (and new) screenshots while I'm at it.
bethy
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I've already plotted some of the locations from the Ransom video...

http://www.lonelygirl15.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6298&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=151

I know a lot of the other locations, as well since I live in the neighborhood where they do a lot of the filming. Just depends on what specific locale you want.
impulse
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrazyIvan1745 wrote:
I have another theory that has been bugging me for awhile
These are the 2 shots where apparently the exchange was supposed to happen. The problem is they look like 2 different buildings. The roofline is different... but its hard to tell.

These are 2 different buildings.

I already posted the location of the building where the exchange took place in the Human Ransom thread. Check Bethy's link, it's posted a few pages before she even realized it was shot in LA.... Laughing (I'm just kidding Bethy. luv ya.)

It didn't take long to find it because it's a building with a characteristic shape in Berverlly Hills and I know the area. Now, I don't know if not knowing california and using only Google would take you very far. I'm actually impressed you've been able to find this many places already. You must spend hours on google earth!

Concerning J's house. It's way up North from Bakersfield, North of San Francisco actually. It's in the Petaluna / Santa Rosa / Ukiah area.
CrazyIvan1745
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes I saw your post on the building impulse.
And yes I did spend hours on google earth Razz

here is what else I know so far about the other building shown:

I zoomed in on it and this is the shape-

I am still searching for it though.

Also (as I posted in "The Human Ransom"s area) I still think its not LA airport. although I am justlooking at pictures I can't find anywhere at LA airport where that camera is shooting from there is not trees next to a barbed wire fence... but at Long Beach Municipal Airport about 17.25 miles SE of LA airport and everything looks like it matches up:

The marker furthest away is the control tower, The trees where I think the camera was you can see what looks like barbed wire on top of the fence.

Then yes I found the oilfields and about where each camera was at, but I do not know where that little oit tower is... its pretty small to find on google earth.

Then based off different older videos at Jonas's house I tryed looking for theis house. So far I have only scanned Ukiah and came up with 7 possibilities so far... but I could have over looked something... next I plan to look into how their house could look to narrow down the possibilities and I'll get back to you on that.
CrazyIvan1745
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

also forgot to mention... please try to give me an address and what video its from so I can find and plot it. That would help.... as impulse mentioned I have already spent hours in searching. lol
ladron121
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have questions: what if Jonas' house doesnt actually exist in Ukiah?
And if it does, what do we plan on doing with this information?

There once was a player around here named Archetype, who found the house where all the beginning LG15 videos were filmed. He went to the house, and found out that people live there. He filmed himself questioning the residents of that house. Are we going for the same thing here?

I'm just unclear as to where this is going...
bethy
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ladron I remember seeing the video where he knocked on the door...the man who answered the door had some kind of medical connection to one of the Creators, and his wife was pregnant?

I remember the guy taping said he knew the area and he mentioned they were in Irvine.

Not long after I saw the vid...it disappeared I think. He made the videos private, and I think ultimately deleted them...part ly, I think, because they didn't want ot invade the privacy of people who aren't really connected to the series, but just lent their house for filming purposes.
ladron121
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bethy wrote:
Ladron I remember seeing the video where he knocked on the door...the man who answered the door had some kind of medical connection to one of the Creators, and his wife was pregnant?

I remember the guy taping said he knew the area and he mentioned they were in Irvine.

Not long after I saw the vid...it disappeared I think. He made the videos private, and I think ultimately deleted them...part ly, I think, because they didn't want ot invade the privacy of people who aren't really connected to the series, but just lent their house for filming purposes.

Thanks bethy, but I was more wondering why we are trying to find an actual physical "Jonas' house". Is someone planning to knock on their door?
impulse
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The concerns ladron is addressing here have been discussed many times on this forum, but I guess it can be usefull to keep saying these things again and again. Don't forget there are real people out there. Phone numbers, locations, items discovered on possible drop locations.... not everything belongs to this game. You got to use your common sense. Do not compromise the privacy of people. You have to draw a line even when you look for some apparently relevant information.

The exact location of Jonas' house is off limit from my point of view, and I hope yours.
impulse
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Besides, the physical place used to shoot the in jonas' house videos is most probably in or around LA. Only its fictional location, Ukiah, has some relevance here. Just throwing in my pov.
bethy
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually...here's more definitive info about the Irvine house....from a chat with the Creators....and a little more about their view on us scoping out these locations. I've edited out the non-pertinent details:

Quote:
03:52:42] The Creators: hey this is miles
[03:52:45] The Creators: here's greg...
[03:53:08] The Creators: hey everyone . . . this is my first time here
[03:53:09] voyboy: how do we know its really you ? hmmmmmmmm?
[03:53:17] voyboy: Wink
[03:53:38] archetype: Miles... What is the Doctors first name in Irvine...
[03:53:56] archetype: Where you filmed the "House"?
[03:54:22] The Creators: i can't tell you his name, don't want to violate anyone's privacy. sorry
[03:54:44] archetype: just give me initials then... I already know his name.. it's a test..
[03:54:55] The Creators: sg
[03:55:05] archetype: Niccccccccccccceeee....!
[03:55:09] ApotheosisAZ: arche does know guys, check his vid
[03:55:10] The Creators: thanks lol
[03:55:24] archetype: wow.. that's cool...

[04:06:24] archetype: Creators... I want an honest to goodness answer on this...
[04:06:43] archetype: There seems to be a segment of the viewing audience here in LA area...
[04:06:54] archetype: that enjoy sleuthing out the filming locations...
[04:07:07] archetype: what is your opinion of that practice?
[04:07:21] The Creators: nice. should we make the locations easier or harder to find?
[04:07:28] OhEmGeeItsLily: Harder.
[04:07:30] iiAMnina: harder
[04:07:34] WonkaNerdsRule: much harder
[04:07:36] immortal1: easier!
[04:07:44] iiAMnina: its not fair us east coasters cant particapate
[04:07:45] The Creators: we like it . . . as long as it's not violating private property or endangering anyone!!!
[04:07:46] archetype: easier... so long as it doesn't compromise privacy
[04:08:06] ApotheosisAZ: You're doing well there, we don't need them to be more difficult to find
[04:08:06] FallingIntoSin: Or us Chicagoans Smile
[04:08:07] archetype: it makes it easier for those that desire to make response Vids..
[04:08:23] The Creators: we have always intended to expand the show to national locations . . . we are just waiting on resources to be able to do that

The rest of the chat log:
http://www.lonelygirl15.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3553
ladron121
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

impulse wrote:
The concerns ladron is addressing here have been discussed many times on this forum, but I guess it can be usefull to keep saying these things again and again. Don't forget there are real people out there. Phone numbers, locations, items discovered on possible drop locations.... not everything belongs to this game. You got to use your common sense. Do not compromise the privacy of people. You have to draw a line even when you look for some apparently relevant information.

The exact location of Jonas' house is off limit from my point of view, and I hope yours.

I agree with impulse 100%. I know that we "cold call" numbers when we get voicemail puzzles, other such things to keep the game going. As long as its at a resonable hour, and there aren't 500 people doing it, I say all well and good. But that is based of keeping the game going.

Until we are told that we need to find the house, or anything else for that matter, everything should be done in a hypothetical sense.

And with Ms. Rose filming her movie w/ Lindsay Lohan, and Jackson showing up in CSI: NYC, I'm pretty sure the LG filming locations are relatively close to L.A.
Nieriel.Manwathiel
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ladron121 wrote:
I agree with impulse 100%. I know that we "cold call" numbers when we get voicemail puzzles, other such things to keep the game going. As long as its at a resonable hour, and there aren't 500 people doing it, I say all well and good. But that is based of keeping the game going.

I could "cold-call" sometime; I have uber-good phone manners.

If only Tachy had an opening for a secretary... LOL

edit - for clarificartion
bethy
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ladron121 wrote:
Thanks bethy, but I was more wondering why we are trying to find an actual physical "Jonas' house". Is someone planning to knock on their door?

Right...I know. I would never do that...it's too invasive. Public locations are different, but somebody's home?? Nope. Besides, the "home" where they're filming at is in the LA area, not up north.

That's why there's so much confusion...they're using "sets" at some points, and at other points they're giving us actual locations (like the La Brea Ave street sign). It's one thing for locals to identify landmarks in the background, but it's another to purposefully focus on a street sign.

For example, in the "Breakfast in Bed" video...Daniel drives right past the Sepulveda Dam while driving along the 101 freeway....and the grocery store? It's a Ralph's. None of that is vitally important to the storyline, really...since it's a "set" ---especially since when he ditches his car later on, it's in the exact same general area (in Encino, on Louise...north of Burbank near the Balboa Sports Park). However, the story would have us beleive that they'd been driving all over the countryside...whenm in reality, they never left a more than 3-5 mile radius. Bree going to the movies? In Encino...and the Thanksgiving hike? In Tarzana...right down the street. The bowling alley?? The Corbin Bowl in Tarzana. The cafe where Bree met with her father? Encino along Ventura Blvd. The shooting in the parking Garage? At the Fashion Center in Sherman Oaks. All of these locations are within 10-15 minutes of each other....but they're all public. And most of them are simply landmarks the locals can identify...even if the Creators mean for them to be more generic in purpose.

Going after private residences kind of crosses the line. Now, if we get a view of the house in the videos....and somebody was to PM me the location of the house, for example...I'd be happy to go an photograph just the exterior of house to help verify filming location...from the street...and edit out street numbers and any identifying info....because that's a privacy boundary we really shouldn't be crossing. I , personally, would never knock on somebody's door.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> OpAphid: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: