Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Discussion] Semiotics Contents: Image/Symbols
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
klgglk
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tristan wrote:

The non-Pi:
Nu - hieroglyph for the snake ~ knock is it doesnt fit the bill real well [but Mu isnt perfect either]

Lowercase Eta - hieroglyph for courtyard ~ knock is none of the others were in lowercase greek [and uppercase doesnt fit well]

I'm thinking it might be helpful to think of it in terms of the ligature creators' point of view: if you were making a ligature and wanted to combine Eta and Theta (the capital letters), how best to do that? The lower left symbol is one of the most logical ways. Nu + Theta? might look different.

They would have had in mind what symbols to combine first, and then found a way to combine them second. If they are communicating something, meaning is primary. So the way the symbols are combined probably has a little more room for error and warping, as we've seen already with the Mu in the watcher symbol.
paigeb25
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone thought that it looks a lot like a capital T (Tachyon) and a capital "O" (OpAphaid) ? Thats what I think of when I see it...

maybe a sign that they once where together..one became a part of the order while the other became a helper or watcher...

or---they are a mix of good and evil
Sheqinah
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ziola wrote:

Played with the same picture again and found another symbol embedded on top of the skull....

All the other pictures i could not see what others are seeing but here, there is definitely the same symbol that Bree found in Jonas house. The oval with a dot inside and two legs.

Good work!
ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Borrowing a couple of images here.

I have done some mechanical drawing in the past, and these two look almost like a spatial orientation test.

If you take the watcher symbol, and assume it is rendered here as a circular object seen from the front and above:

Imagine it is like a table with a solid surface. If you had an axis of rotation directly through the center dot, and you rotated the "table" 45 degrees, you would get this:

I think they may be a pair of two-dimensional images of the same three-dimensional object.
janesalteredstates
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, what if...
The Order was once, long ago, one of the most powerful groups on the planet, but, like all powerful groups, The Order succumbed to in-fighting. This "Order" broke into two (maybe more) factions.

I vote for two:

and

The other symbols are adjectives or verbs.

My recent crazy theory Smile
Lurker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ApotheosisAZ wrote:
I think they may be a pair of two-dimensional images of the same three-dimensional object.

Thus, parallax?
Sheqinah
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

janesalteredstates wrote:
In lui of the new video I suggest we focus on Theta/Pi.

That is the symbol Bree allegedly found in Jonas' cabin.

I think the theta/Pi embossed in the corner is there to show significance. It took a while to see the skull, and I think it comes mostly from the curve of the theta for the back of the skull, but it fits. Theta is the death warning right?

So the theta/Pi is a death section of the order. The watchers watch, but this may be a different group in the order that performs the "D" in aphid (destroyers)

Bree found the theta/Pi symbol... the same symbol hidden in the watcher explaination picture. Jonas (gasp) could be part of the d in aphid, while the watchers are the A.

This is the warning sent at the time Bree needed to have it, alone in the woods. It also explains why the watchers had a hands off attitude. They cannot touch her. But obviously there is a part of the order than can kill, re: Bree's Dad.

It took me a little bit, but I see the 76... the rest is a stretch for me at this time.

Edit to add: That the Right hand side seems to be the edge of a book to me, that means that the 76 , which looks like a lighographic typestyle of a perfect 76, could be a book page. A Nancy Drew book is my thought.

Also, might be nothing, nothing at all, but when I clicked on one picture someone posted here to save it, it was filed as 414d414c47414d4154494f4e. It makes no sense that saving a picture off of a video would produce a code, but then again I no little about file collecting.
raigne
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lurker wrote:
ApotheosisAZ wrote:

Thus, parallax?

That was what I thought of when I read that. I've been trying to figure out exactly why this arc is called parallax since it hasn't really come into play yet.
sparrow
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pi comes from Pe (Phoenecian letter), which probably came from "mouth." The voice of the sun/heaven?

Is there any possibility that the two-legged watcher-like sign comes from theta + omega? Omega comes from Ayin, the eye. Eye of the sun? Another type of watcher?

Sorry if this has been looked at. Confused

I like Apotheosis's idea about them being two different "shots" of the same object.
Luminous
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ApotheosisAZ wrote:
Borrowing a couple of images here.

I have done some mechanical drawing in the past, and these two look almost like a spatial orientation test.

If you take the watcher symbol, and assume it is rendered here as a circular object seen from the front and above:

Imagine it is like a table with a solid surface. If you had an axis of rotation directly through the center dot, and you rotated the "table" 45 degrees, you would get this:

I have been looking at these pics from every possible angle, and Damn Apo, I like this theory! Wish I had thought of it Laughing
janesalteredstates
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apo, that is brilliant.

Two sides of the same coin... or table? Or eye? Well, you know...

Wouldn't two sides suggest something like the old "good vs. evil" thing we hear so much about in the land of storytelling? Think
KelQuelle
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

your theory is definately good. but its not over doing it, is it? i actually kind of think we have been over analyzing from the beginning.
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, what if...
The Order was once, long ago, one of the most powerful groups on the planet, but, like all powerful groups, The Order succumbed to in-fighting. This "Order" broke into two (maybe more) factions.

I vote for two:

and

did you just read that off my plot discussion thread???

lol

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
janesalteredstates
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Killthesmiley wrote:
OK, what if...

I vote for two:

and

did you just read that off my plot discussion thread???

lol

Laughing No, what's the link?
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
In the pictures in the file that we cracked we saw two symbols: the watcher symbol and another one, without the middle line.
They were in both pictures, yet in one picture the "deformed watcher" (as I cheekily call it) is a "ghost" image, meaning that its completely transparent. So transparent that we almost over looked it, until someone noticed it.

So what if there are two sides to this coin, two sides that go back way before tachyon and opaphid. What if these two side go back to ancient times. The watchers, and the "do-ers." What if, back then they worked together, but then ther was a conflict that sperated them in opinion, hence the ghost/transparent image. What if the two sides are like forces working literally against each other, but with similar goals. One side is an extremist side (Which i think could be the order), the other side a more realistic side.

Now just like the watchers orginization, the "Do-ers" orginization has survived time. But it has literally been a war with each other. Hence Jonas' parent's disappearance.

My feelings is that Jonas' parents were followers of what I humorously call "the do-ers" (opposite of watchers)

Its the first post of Jonas=Order? over in plot discussion

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> OpAphid: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 21 of 29

Jump to: