Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[DISCUSSION] A new theory about the symbols
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KrystalRayne
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like it. More like they are able to say, "You are wrong, you are right"
asti
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:01 pm    Post subject: Purpose of message from Tachyon Reply with quote

The depth of knowledge you guys have is amazing and keeps me running for reference material. (This is a compliment - really impressive.) Could this be over-analyzed though? I keep going back to wondering the purpose of Tachyon's message. Could she be communicating information about the Order. Or is she supplying some 'do this/be aware of this' info to the 3-some? If the latter, could the message in that corner be March 14 (3.14) and either 9A or a warning about death?
Loki
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The analysis that we're going through right now is based on the fact that she gave us our starting point: the information on the origin of the Watcher's symbol. Since she gave us that, and then three others, we take the information and go look for more.

Also, Tachy doesn't usually supply warnings. She seems to be more of the "do it yourself" type. Although I suppose giving the four symbols in and of itself could be considered a type of warning, warning that there's more than just Oppy to the Order, something like that.

Besides, we LIKE overanalyzing things here... it's the only way to get anything done in the long run. And it usually turns out to be for the best. (We've surprised the PMs with the vast amounts of info we've been able to turn up in short times. ^_^)

Everything is not as it first appears.

Knowledge is power. Knowledge shared is power lost. -- Aleister Crowley
Languorous Lass
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tigerlilylynn wrote:
Tau:
Taw is believed to have come from a simple mark; a cross or asterisk-like marking, perhaps indicating a signature.

In ancient times, a symbol for life and/or resurrection, whereas the 8th letter of the Greek alphabet, theta, was considered the symbol of death.
(picture of an eye)

Resurrection? Sounds like what I was talking about way back when. Scroll down to my post that begins "If you get bored with detailed research . . ." Here's my old theory in a nutshell:

Quote:
maybe (writing this grosses me out, but it's part of the theory) Bree's supposed to sacrifice Daniel (representing the male principle) and then, um, eat him. So that he can be resurrected out of her womb (metaphorically, I hope) at dawn. "He who dieth without dying, liveth for ever."

And maybe Nuit's relationship with Hadit will be manifested in the ceremony by Bree having sex with Daniel before she sacrifices him.

Anybody think that this theory makes any sense in light of the contents of the note?
tigerlilylynn

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Languorous Lass wrote:
tigerlilylynn wrote:
Tau:
Taw is believed to have come from a simple mark; a cross or asterisk-like marking, perhaps indicating a signature.

In ancient times, a symbol for life and/or resurrection, whereas the 8th letter of the Greek alphabet, theta, was considered the symbol of death.
(picture of an eye)

Resurrection? Sounds like what I was talking about way back when. Scroll down to my post that begins "If you get bored with detailed research . . ." Here's my old theory in a nutshell:

Quote:
maybe (writing this grosses me out, but it's part of the theory) Bree's supposed to sacrifice Daniel (representing the male principle) and then, um, eat him. So that he can be resurrected out of her womb (metaphorically, I hope) at dawn. "He who dieth without dying, liveth for ever."

And maybe Nuit's relationship with Hadit will be manifested in the ceremony by Bree having sex with Daniel before she sacrifices him.

Anybody think that this theory makes any sense in light of the contents of the note?

That's very CiW
impulse
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loki wrote:
Perhaps the "Theta Pi" section of the order deals with legal stuff and/or execution of punishments?

Yes it looks like it so far.
janesalteredstates
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that we should go with what she gave us visually. For instance, pi is the uppercase Greek version. That is what we are shown.
janesalteredstates
Devoted Fan

impulse wrote:
Loki wrote:
Perhaps the "Theta Pi" section of the order deals with legal stuff and/or execution of punishments?

Yes it looks like it so far.

How do you know?
misanthropic_spider
Suspiciously Absent

i was thinking that the gimel sigma was the section that did the punishing and/or rewarding... i could be wrong, i usually am!
tenshiakui
P. Monkey's Agent

*slinkies from the shadows*

You know this would almost be easier if we could break down each LIGATURES and have a group of people work on one group or another.

That way they could look at every aspect of one symbol or another and present the most logical choice. That way there's no feeling of a need to rush.

Ahh a pipe dream. Sorry. But good ideas and information everyone.

*fades to black*

The Shadow of the LG15 Defense Force.
The Mackerel Sushi Chef
Mistress of Nick-Names
tigerlilylynn

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Each pair has a figure that means sun or eye (Theta, Omicron, Sigma) and a secondary symbol that better defines what it is.

We know that the intended meaning for Mu is water (from the egyptian glyph)

Pi is legal shorthand (read: modern) for plaintiff and I don't think this works because it then validates meanings from math and science that have little to no ancient meaning.

If we are meant to find the meanings for the symbols at this time I suspect the right meaning is as old for these three unsolved signs as it is for the watchers symbol.
iamcool
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i want to help but i seriously haven't got the slightest clue of what we need to do Shocked

My lawyers told me to edit the content of this signature so i didn't get sued

Me and Oobles are 'TWAT's - 'The Worldwide Association of Threadjacking' Smile
tigerlilylynn

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iamcool wrote:
i want to help but i seriously haven't got the slightest clue of what we need to do Shocked

Honestly, me either. I figure good reserach will pay off when we get our next nudge in the right direction.
iamcool
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok give me something to research please Smile lol

My lawyers told me to edit the content of this signature so i didn't get sued

Me and Oobles are 'TWAT's - 'The Worldwide Association of Threadjacking' Smile
Lurker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point, tigerlilylynn. So perhaps the meaning of Pi that refers to the Biblical codex is the most likely?

Maybe this is the branch in charge of interpreting meaning from a religious background? The side with deacons and such?

I'm not sure how that would relate to the Theta (sun), though. Maybe that branch interprets not just religious meaning, but meaning for everything on the basis of what's interpreted from the religious stuff? For instance, maybe it could be said that they interpret the meaning of "everything under the sun"?

Thus, they might decide who children of the Order should be allowed to hang out with, what "free will" is, what "purity" is, etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> OpAphid: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 2 of 11

Jump to: