Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[DISCUSSION] A new theory about the symbols
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KrystalRayne
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What if the blurriness of the watcher symbol means" Focus on this right now, the rest will come into play later"?
newworldview
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

like Kelly said, there is a bit too much information to wade through at this point, and I think we should be workling on one symbol at a time (maybe a thread for each?).

As far as Theta + Pi, considering what several people said (death/life, "drop of the hat", it seems to me that it is referring to the fleeting nature of life and death. We are all here for the moment but both death and life are upon us constantly. If I'm correct, then this may give us clues about why the order values women and purity so highly. They may be trying to gain some control over life and death (i.e. over reproduction and religious ideals of living a "sinless" life). Just my thoughts, I hope I'm not just repeating others.

[i]edited once for typos[/i]
tristan
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

possible interpretations of the four symbols being organizations:

Top Left: Tau (mark) and Omicron (eye)
could be the part of the Order which identifies the choosen one [such as Bree and Tach's sister]

Bottom Left: Mu (water) and Theta (sun)
[done for us by Tach] the Order rules and watches over all that exists in between the water and the sun

Bottom Right: Pi (mouth) and Theta (warning of death)
perhaps a messenger of death or someone who speaks a warning of death

Top Right: Sigma (Uraeus or Cobra) and Gimel (boomerang or throwing stick)
honestly i have no clue -> this one has never made sense to me

---side note though the difference between Lambda and Gimel wouldnt be that different if your trying to bring both back to the Egyptian hierogylph because Lambda is derived from Gimel which comes from something else which eventually gets to the hieroglyph of a boomerang or throwing stick

edit: lambda would be different...i messed up

Last edited by tristan on Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
KrystalRayne
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

What goes around comes around...... every 12 years?
impulse
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the blurriness of the watcher symbol means: ok, this one is done for you, now get the other 3 guys...

I believe the Theta+Pi symbol has to do with death. Tachyon told us about the Theta/Thanatos equivalence. But it does not apply to the watchers symbol. So it has to apply here I guess.
impulse
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tristan wrote:
possible interpretations of the four symbols being organizations:

Top Left: Tau (mark) and Omicron (eye)
could be the part of the Order which identifies the choosen one [such as Bree and Tach's sister]

Bottom Left: Mu (water) and Theta (sun)
[done for us by Tach] the Order rules and watches over all that exists in between the water and the sun

Bottom Right: Pi (mouth) and Theta (warning of death)
perhaps a messenger of death or someone who speaks a warning of death

---side note though the difference between Lambda and Gimel wouldnt be that different if your trying to bring both back to the Egyptian hierogylph because Lambda is derived from Gimel which comes from something else which eventually gets to the hieroglyph of a boomerang or throwing stick

edit: lambda would be different...i messed up

Nice! I like it. Good work.
bethy
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:05 pm    Post subject: Re: A new theory about the syombols Reply with quote

Balmung wrote:
we have four symbols and no definitive proof as to what they mean, except that one is the symbol for the watchers.

we know that the watchers are a pat of the order,

what if the other logos are other branches of the order?

just thought it was an idea to throw out there..

I said that, too, a couple of days ago, actually:
Quote:

There are four...in corners...Could it be that each of the four symbols represent a part of the Order? Or a Mission of the Order? Bree herself said that OpAPHID was just part of the Order.
tristan
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oooh just thought of something if it is a Lambda which could mean a shepherd's staff and letting Sigma mean Cobra then that would be very similar to a Caduceus [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caduceus]
which is a symbol for medicine nowadays

...or it could be the Rod of Asclepius [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rod_of_Asclepius]
which is also a symbol of medicine/healing
impulse
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:08 pm    Post subject: Re: A new theory about the syombols Reply with quote

bethy wrote:

I said that, too, a couple of days ago, actually

Maybe..but you didn't say it loud enough! Laughing
impulse
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tristan wrote:
oooh just thought of something if it is a Lambda which could mean a shepherd's staff and letting Sigma mean Cobra then that would be very similar to a Caduceus [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caduceus]
which is a symbol for medicine nowadays

The shepherd's staff with Sigma which is also the symbol for the sum, could represent the Gatherers, the people who select the worthy persons for the Order and bring them together, select the kids and place them in trusted families, see where I'm going? Lucy would be part of that branch, definitely!
impulse
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are going somewhere with all this, I'm sure. You're awesome tristan, you're doing a really fine job. I'm officially requesting a shout out for tristan in the next video if we get the three symbols!
tristan
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

impulse wrote:
We are going somewhere with all this, I'm sure. You're awesome tristan, you're doing a really fine job. I'm officially requesting a shout out for tristan in the next video if we get the three symbols!

thank you, but i def think your right on with the sigma and lambda being for Gatherers. my only worry is that we're not taking into account the other line "Theta is the 8th letter, Mu is the 12th. So that's one more 12, but the 8 = ?."

that has to factor in somehow
bethy
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:24 pm    Post subject: Re: A new theory about the syombols Reply with quote

impulse wrote:
bethy wrote:

I said that, too, a couple of days ago, actually

Maybe..but you didn't say it loud enough! Laughing

Well, nobody ever pays attention to me anyway...plus it was intermingled with a bunch of people obsessed on figuring the image itself and searching for skulls and statues and stuff. Wink

Pesonally, it seems to me to be pages from a sacred book perhaps...though all bloody and trampled upon now. The fact they they are in the four corners is what clued me in. As in, perhaps, four pillars of the organization?

Which is really why I came back to the board today because I was watching a TV show on Feng Shui...something they mentioned reminded me of the image:

The Four Pillars of Destiny consist of Eight Characters, two character per pillar.

Yeah, I know...but I found it interesting all the same. Besides, it seems to be a mixture of Greek and Egyptian...why not add Chinese too?

http://www.astro-fengshui.com/astrology/fourpillar_intro.html
GawainsChallenge
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't get over the suspicion that one of these symbols has to be the symbol for OpAphid. OpAphid is a division of the order, and we don't know it's symbol - right? Pi Theta seems like a reasonable candidate; we know they are involved with bringing about Death (theta). We know they speak (pi) warnings and intimidation. Good theory? I'm kind of new at this.
impulse
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GawainsChallenge wrote:
I can't get over the suspicion that one of these symbols has to be the symbol for OpAphid. OpAphid is a division of the order, and we don't know it's symbol - right? Pi Theta seems like a reasonable candidate; we know they are involved with bringing about Death (theta). We know they speak (pi) warnings and intimidation. Good theory? I'm kind of new at this.

Yes, I agree with what you say. However, Opaphid has been using only the watchers symbol in her vid so far. That would be awesome to see her change the symbol to the Theta+Pi one in the next vid though!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> OpAphid: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 3 of 11

Jump to: