Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who Sees What?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Site/Forum Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you like our solution?
I like it! No changes, go for it.
67%
 67%  [ 152 ]
I like it, but I think you should tweak it (see my post below).
14%
 14%  [ 33 ]
I don't like it. I have a better idea (see my post below).
6%
 6%  [ 15 ]
I don't like it, but I don't have any ideas. I just like shooting yours down :)
11%
 11%  [ 25 ]
Total Votes : 225

AM
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, even on this thread you have people confused. Lurker is correct, my original solution would not have worked. I have rethought my stance on this.

I think that there has to be a way to make it clear on each video, without checking the forum or going anywhere else, who can actually see the video.

In other words, Daniel has got to be able to say "This is a messge for Tachyon. It is password protected so only Tachyon will be able to read it. Op will not know about this message since it is encrypted. Bree and Jonas do not know I am sending this this" and then he will go on with the content of the video.

In other words, some poor 'new to LG' soul who stumbles upon these vids on YouTube will just have to suspend their disbelief and enjoy the show

If you make it any more complex than that, now that I think about it, you will just make too many people confused.

Free online community
Intelligent discussions and debates
kslpeo
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After months and months of perusing this site as a guest and with no intention to register, I just finally did only to respond to this thread. I think that the creative challenges posed by the format of the series are what make it interesting. As someone who works with cultural matter in a different context, I have cited this series and its mechanisms - the inhabitation of vlog infrastructures towards creative ends, the ARG's, the absense of informatics that designate which videos are "in" or "out" of the canon, etc. - as examples of new approaches to subject-object/author-audience relationships. The suggestion of the fictional construct of the private videos leaves me a bit disappointed. I'm all for suspension of disbelief, and trust me this series requires quite a bit of that in order to be enjoyed (which I have!), but moving to the faux "private video" format for me eliminates (or at least too-neatly sidesteps) the difficulties and innovations that have made the project distinct and pioneering. I guess it seems that reverting to more conventional filmic approaches would make the storyline easier to continue in a more dramatic way, and this is probably why this is a popular choice amongst the audience. I just wanted to log my vote too.

Last edited by kslpeo on Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
garnet
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm anti-private-vBlog. I know I'm new, but I already love the series. I liked watching on YT because viewers have to be intelligent enough to determine who's a part of the series and who's not. I like feeling like I've figured something out, ya know? On the other hand, if things get too esoteric and confusing, I'm gonna check out. You don't want it to feel like an exclusive club.

Also, sorry if anyone has already posted this, but I think that if OA can track the trio just about anywhere, then they could also hack into a private vBlog. It's WAY beyond the suspention of disbelief.

The series just needs good writing. I like the idea of seeing some raw footage or outtakes (sorry I can't remember who mentioned that before) -- perhaps one of the cameras could get stolen or something like that.

I also want to see more from the other characters -- we're due for something from the T / OA subplot right now. And what's going on with Gemma?
Kelly
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garnet...it won't be a private vlog. There's no exclusivity because everyone will still be able to see them. The only people unable to view the videos will be the other canon characters...such as the Order, or Tachyon...unless they are MEANT to see them.

It's all about using your imagination a little. You'll still be able to see all of them fine. You don't have to join a list or anything.

And Gemma...as far as we as the viewers know...is dead.
Slackey4318
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I completely agree with garnet on this. I understand the concept. And I understand that we are being asked to suspend belief (more so), but I agree that I can't suspend belief this much. I agree with garnet....I can't pretend to believe that The Order (who has remained a secret organization with people all over the globe and in high places) can't figure out how to hack (so they can watch) a video encrypted by three kids!
Renegade
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slackey4318 wrote:
I can't pretend to believe that The Order (who has remained a secret organization with people all over the globe and in high places) can't figure out how to hack (so they can watch) a video encrypted by three kids!

Not any three kids...I'mSoSmart Bree! Mr. Green

Every time you score a goal, a starving child in Africa dies.
Magesa
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's an excellent idea. I think this would espcially work if the only place that we couldn't mention private vids was the in character section of the chat. Everywhere else, we could talk it normally (that would keep it from being too hard to come up with theories that we technically can't back up, etc.) Especially in the ARG, with it's split loyalites, it would be hard for them to truly cooperate if not everyone "knew" everything. But if the characters supposedly only read the "In Character" section of the site, then no characters will know.

If (when) people bring it up in the character section, or the OpHeads try to warn Oppy, the characters can just pretend not to know. If the rules are broken regarding private transmissions, then the characters will just remain oblivious. After all, we're doing some suspension of belief here anyway!

(Sorry if I've been redundant I haven't read this thread all the way through)
Nieriel.Manwathiel
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magesa wrote:
Especially in the ARG, with it's split loyalites, it would be hard for them to truly cooperate if not everyone "knew" everything. But if the characters supposedly only read the "In Character" section of the site, then no characters will know.

yeah. even in the oppy boards (not the in-character boards), opheads and tachites work together because it's all about playing the (not a) game! Wink
Opladybug
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you put a cool beginning scene where it looks like we(the viewers) are putting in the password in or some how hacking into the video file? That would be neat and make me feel like a spy.

Something so it looks like in order to view the video you have to get into. Also in that beginning scene you could show the vid file who its to, who can see and who can not.

It would be like they are getting sent to us because were helping them take down the order/helping the order and we need the information. That way every ones gets to see it, but it really feels like we are characters in the story who are receiving privileged information that other characters are not.

I think this change is going to be great, way to handle the problems of this type of media. Smile

Comments,represent!

--... --... --... --... --... --... ..--- . -.... -.-. -.... ..-. --... ...-- --... ....- ..--- . -.... ..... --... ..... ..--- ..-. ...-- ...-- -.... ...-- -.... ..--- ...-- .----
Cleo
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant, Opladybug. That was the kind of ingenuity I was hinting at in my post. Make US a character.
islandlove
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opladybug wrote:
Could you put a cool beginning scene where it looks like we(the viewers) are putting in the password in or some how hacking into the video file? That would be neat and make me feel like a spy.

Something so it looks like in order to view the video you have to get into. Also in that beginning scene you could show the vid file who its to, who can see and who can not.

It would be like they are getting sent to us because were helping them take down the order/helping the order and we need the information. That way every ones gets to see it, but it really feels like we are characters in the story who are receiving privileged information that other characters are not.

I think this change is going to be great, way to handle the problems of this type of media. Smile

thats such a great idea!
Nieriel.Manwathiel
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

islandlove wrote:
Opladybug wrote:

thats such a great idea!

uh, i kinda already said that idea on the last page...

i smart too!
robtomorrow
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

islandlove wrote:
Opladybug wrote:

thats such a great idea!

Nieriel.Manwathiel wrote:

What if the beginning says something like "This video is screen name and password protected (so only the intended person can view this, n'kay? N'kay.)" and there's a screen name and password field.

instead of us doing anything, a mouse will move onscreen and the intended viewer will type in their character's name and a password (which will be some number of asterisks Wink all passwords are) and then it will load.

Both of you came up with similar ideas, I can see it working.Applause
Opladybug
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol. She did beat me to it. But I hope they end up doing it now. That would be cool!

Comments,represent!

--... --... --... --... --... --... ..--- . -.... -.-. -.... ..-. --... ...-- --... ....- ..--- . -.... ..... --... ..... ..--- ..-. ...-- ...-- -.... ...-- -.... ..--- ...-- .----
AM
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Nieriel.Manwathiel wrote:

What if the beginning says something like "This video is screen name and password protected (so only the intended person can view this, n'kay? N'kay.)" and there's a screen name and password field.

instead of us doing anything, a mouse will move onscreen and the intended viewer will type in their character's name and a password (which will be some number of asterisks all passwords are) and then it will load.

That is a very good idea and addresses the confusion concerns that worried me earlier as well.

Essentially it has to be set up so that someone new to LG will have some inkling of what is going on but it has to be made cool and have an interactive feel to it to keep the existing fans engaged.

Your idea addresses both concerns beautifully. Creators, take note!

Free online community
Intelligent discussions and debates
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Site/Forum Announcements All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10

Jump to: