Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

the name of the game is...wait, about this game...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jowriter
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:42 am    Post subject: the name of the game is...wait, about this game... Reply with quote

I've been trying to understand some things about the time frame of all this OpAphid ARG stuff, and if someone could help me out that would be REALLY helpful...

The first three "Brother" videos from 10033 came out even before Dorkiness Prevails. Tachy joined in January of 2006. Were the creators a part of this, because I thought the whole thing was originally created by the fans, and then the creators just decided to adopt it. Or were Brother and Tachyon always part of the plan, and just OpAphid was taken from a fan creation?

Just confused I guess. If anyone knows the answers to these questions, that would ease my mind a lot!
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

people are sticking to their guns and saying that it was originally fan-fic

however in the creator's statements there are conflicting answers on this.
I believe the general feeling is that the creators had to have had some influencing role in this from the beginning, but because we're not sure, we'll stick with the original answer that it was originally a fanfic (even though that makes absoutely no sense)

(btw...this need to go in the gen. dis. area)

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sad Panda
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Killthesmiley wrote:

(btw...this need to go in the gen. dis. area)

Yes, yes it does.
ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is The Creators' quote announcing the OpAphid ARG as fan-created.

The Creators wrote:
This was a 100% fan created ARG. We liked it so much that we decided to contact the creator and make it the official LG15 ARG. We can't wait to see what other characters and storylines you guys come up with. Your creativity and passion is truly amazing. Thanks for watching.

Killthesmiley is being helpful in pointing out that this is a General Discussion question about the ARG, so I am moving it there.

Smile
ladron121
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The PM of the game has been following LG15 since the beginning. He has had a lot of the characters set up for a long while. Tachyon herself had been set up for a while, but we found her videos too early for the story and they were taken down, then reposted later.

I do not think that the Creators had any hand in the creation of the OpAphid ARG, just saw a good thing run by a talented writer and made him an offer he couldn't refuse. I think to say that the Creators were shaping this from the beginning is kinda an insult to the PM who worked so hard to create an engaging story for us.
Sad Panda
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ApotheosisAZ wrote:

Killthesmiley is being helpful in pointing out that this is a General Discussion question about the ARG, so I am moving it there.
Smile

Beat you! Razz

*Flexes her mighty mod muscle*
ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad Panda wrote:
ApotheosisAZ wrote:

Smile

Beat you! Razz

*Flexes her mighty mod muscle*

I must be getting old! Laughing
tigerlilylynn

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the account start dates are before the show or at least before the tachyon tag. I believe that YT can be backdated. We went round on this back when we had ye olde canon debate of aught 6. >_< blarg
covedweller

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YouTube cannot be backdated...
Jamidru
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry, but I still do not understand how the Fan Fic was created prior to the Series. Unless it was maybe, originally, two separate story lines that began to merge. Yes?

But then they were found to early and deleted, then reposted... so they were ahead of the story? I don't know. It still confuses me. sorry.
tigerlilylynn

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

covedweller wrote:
YouTube cannot be backdated...

Meh, I remember being told that it was hackable at that time. That's all
ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While some of the YouTube accounts for the game seem to have been created prior to the series, it may be helpful to note that the videos posted on those accounts which seem to reference Lonelygirl15 were posted after the series began.
ladron121
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamidru wrote:
I'm sorry, but I still do not understand how the Fan Fic was created prior to the Series. Unless it was maybe, originally, two separate story lines that began to merge. Yes?

But then they were found to early and deleted, then reposted... so they were ahead of the story? I don't know. It still confuses me. sorry.

OpAphid started up after LG15, and was a pure fan fic. OpAphid began by posting response videos to Bree's video blogs after talk of the "ceremony" began. As part of OpAphid, the PM had created youtube profiles and videos for Tachyon and brother (10033), to be used later. However, he didn't realize how crazy we were about the whole thing, and those two profiles were found earlier than he planned. So, to avoid confusion, he removed the videos, then reposted them later when they were needed.

They were two separate stories, but the OpAphid story used aspects of the LG15 storyline to further its own story, and to bring in new players. Now that the Creators have given the "official" seal to OpAphid, the two storylines are becoming one.
jowriter
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only problem I have with that whole theory, Landron, is that the 10033 vids have a posted date of may 30, 2006. This isn't when he signed up, but when he actually posted those vids that would be used later. If it were completely fan-fic, how could this be? lg hadn't even done her first blog yet. And even if they weren't posted, the accounts were created long before the concept of lg15 was known.

Eck, maybe I'm just being stubborn and should be glad the whole thing exists in the first place.

Oh yeah, and sorry about the original post being in the wrong section, thanks for moving it!
ladron121
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 10033 profile may have been created, and videos posted before LG started, but what is important on those vids are the text in the profiles and tags. The profile name and descriptions of the vids could have been updated later. That could be the PM's first actual YouTube account, and he just decided to use it for the ARG at a later time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> OpAphid: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: