Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[VIDEO] 3-5-07 On the Road Again
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ignatzmouse wrote:
TwangCat wrote:
vamprella wrote:
Some of these initials are pretty obvious computer terms.

DLL as in a .dll file
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamic-link_library

GTK as in The Gimp Toolkit
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GTK2

DMA could mean the Digital Media Access card, or as in computer memory such as Direct Memory Access

Anyway, this might be a start.

I'm no tech expert but I think we should keep in mind how old this document must be and while DLL files may have been around back then a lot of tech that we take for granted, like Gimp, may not have been.

Indeed, it looks like it's written with a typewriter, which would most likely put it at latest in the 1980s, maybe the early 1990s. Jonas was born in 1987, so most likely the ms is from the 1970s/80s (unless Jonas's parents were quite old when he was born, or they were having teen angst adventures of their own, which could push it back to the 1960s).

A lot of writers still use typewriters. BUT with the obvious water damage done to the manuscript, I would say take a look at that and then date it.

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ignatzmouse
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Killthesmiley wrote:
ignatzmouse wrote:

Indeed, it looks like it's written with a typewriter, which would most likely put it at latest in the 1980s, maybe the early 1990s. Jonas was born in 1987, so most likely the ms is from the 1970s/80s (unless Jonas's parents were quite old when he was born, or they were having teen angst adventures of their own, which could push it back to the 1960s).

A lot of writers still use typewriters. BUT with the obvious water damage done to the manuscript, I would say take a look at that and then date it.

Oh yes, must remember, just because typewriters dissappeared from my life about twenty years ago doesn't make it true for everybody Smile

You could get a lot of water damage quite quickly, especially if you stuck a ms in a cardboard box in an attic in a house in the woods, so it could be that it's from as late as 2000, but I'd still guess 70s/80s.

ETA: and more likely 80s, as earlier than that I think it would be more likely mimeographed than photocopied, and it doesn't look mimeod.

Last edited by ignatzmouse on Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Luminous
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TOSG wrote:
Lumi, I hate to rain on your parade, but what you did with the reverse translator doesn't really make sense. The output, rather than amino acids, is actually nucleotides (it doesn't look like a normal DNA sequence, because many of the letters represent a combination of possibilities of nucleotides at that position...for example, N means that it could be A, C, G or T).

But, more importantly, the original sequence doesn't seem to be an amino acid sequence, as it has letters (B, O, J) that don't correspond with the 20-letter alphabet for conventional amino acids.

Glad to see that FacilityJ has invaded your thoughts, though!

Hahaha, fishing. Laughing I was hoping someone actually knows this stuff would take a look and see if there was really anything to this being a sequence. ( as you know TOSG, that's a word I've been aquainted with in the genetic sense for what, about 2 weeks now?) I've been looking at this genetic stuff way to much lately,

Oh, well it was an idea. Scratch that one off the list Smile

And btw, thanks for correcting me. That's how I learn.
chershaytoute

Location: Oregon with an ocean view...across the neighbors' cow pasture, wow!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though a lot of writers still use typewriters, it's not easy... My mother tried really hard to keep using one - it was hard to do the upkeep...they just don't make parts for the darned things anymore! She finally gave up, but she never did get the knack of computers. <chuckle>

And the newer ones, they might's well be computers - even the ones in the late 70's/early 80's were already getting there, with the font, the way they allowed for erasure, the memory, the way they print out, etc...

If you didn't grow up using a typewriter and move to a computer, it's a whole different way of thinking, believe me! Just one concept to think of: wrap your mind around the idea of having to be aware of when you come to the end of the line so you can hit the RETURN key (where your ENTER key is now), because your typewriter wouldn't know to go to the next line for you... <chuckle> (before that pick up your right hand, and grab and little bar that's about 9" up and P-U-L-L halfway across the keyboard to get that sucker to move back over...but that's a whole 'nother kettle o' fish <snicker>)

Anyway, that document, to the eye of one who did way too much office work on way too many old typewriters, seems to have been made on a typewriter (Creators, ya done good work there! <g>). And I'm thinking an earlier one. Which, to me, negates the DLL, GTK, DMA theory... We hadn't even heard of computers then. Or videos. Or CDs. Heck, at that point, we were just getting into tape decks in cars (and I'm not talking about cassettes necessarily! Laughing)

(and yes, we DID use chisels in school Wink )
janesalteredstates
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Killthesmiley wrote:
so is there a reason why we are looking for hidden meanings behind the initials??

For me, boredom.

Good point about the technology Embarassed I think important clue (if these are clues) is "textual criticism."

Then again, what's the point. Someone will run off, solve something, run back and tell everyone anyway Rolling Eyes (not that this is a puzzle Laughing )
ignatzmouse
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chershaytoute wrote:
Even though a lot of writers still use typewriters, it's not easy... My mother tried really hard to keep using one - it was hard to do the upkeep...they just don't make parts for the darned things anymore! She finally gave up, but she never did get the knack of computers. <chuckle>

And the newer ones, they might's well be computers - even the ones in the late 70's/early 80's were already getting there, with the font, the way they allowed for erasure, the memory, the way they print out, etc...

If you didn't grow up using a typewriter and move to a computer, it's a whole different way of thinking, believe me! Just one concept to think of: wrap your mind around the idea of having to be aware of when you come to the end of the line so you can hit the RETURN key (where your ENTER key is now), because your typewriter wouldn't know to go to the next line for you... <chuckle> (before that pick up your right hand, and grab and little bar that's about 9" up and P-U-L-L halfway across the keyboard to get that sucker to move back over...but that's a whole 'nother kettle o' fish <snicker>)

Anyway, that document, to the eye of one who did way too much office work on way too many old typewriters, seems to have been made on a typewriter (Creators, ya done good work there! <g>). And I'm thinking an earlier one. Which, to me, negates the DLL, GTK, DMA theory... We hadn't even heard of computers then. Or videos. Or CDs. Heck, at that point, we were just getting into tape decks in cars (and I'm not talking about cassettes necessarily! Laughing)

(and yes, we DID use chisels in school Wink )

Ah the nostalgia, I learned to touch type on a manual typewriter, oh the joy of physically returning the carriage, unsticking the keys, replacing the ribbon, ah happy days. And we lived in a cardboard box, ate coal, etc.
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Even though a lot of writers still use typewriters, it's not easy... My mother tried really hard to keep using one - it was hard to do the upkeep...they just don't make parts for the darned things anymore! She finally gave up, but she never did get the knack of computers. <

I actually have a brand new one from the office that some of the writers used every once in a while to work out their copies that they passed into the editor. It's almost identical to a computer, but insted of a moniter it's a LED screen (like that two tone green on green screens) and needs hardly any maintance. Except for changing ink cartirdges...

anyways...off of that

The thing that I find the most reasonable is being discussed up in plot discussion.
Where Bree's dad obviously didn't agree with some o fthe on goings within the order, it may be possible that he helped Jonas' parents find this information. There for his anme may be there. This may be the detication to Nikki B that they'll use (Drew Avery = D._.A.)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mvidrine
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok well here's my two cents, as for the title of the article, it could mean several things. It could refer to the order functioning within a current government, such as the United States, though I find this unlikely. It could also seem to refer to the order functioning within the transnational system, such as the UN, the WTO ect. Or the order could be part of some super secret international shadow government, like the illuminati. It does seem to suggest that the order is part of a larger group. Though we won't know more until we see more of what is written. One final thought on the title. Post civil war the KKK was refered to as the "Invisible Empire" For its ability to spread its form of "justice" across the south. They were able to enforce their own laws, and sometimes even conduct kangeroo trials of people they opposed all under the nose of the Federal Authorities. I think they might be using the word empire to refer to the order in the same way the KKK used the word Empire to refer to themselves.

As for the groups of three letters at the bottom of the page I think we do not have enough information to figure out their meanings. This is one of the things that is frustraiting me with the way the ARG is being incorperated into the storyline. They give the Oppers a file which you guys decode and it has the symbols. You guys looked from every which way at them, but without any extra information from Op or Tach or Brother or somebody there is no way of knowing if we discovered the correct idea. Instead we sit here and wait till the brat pack takes credit for something that was most likely said 50 times on these forums. And now we have been given another bit of information with no way to solve it. What would be nice is if they gave us a bit more, without the answer. Also if we could hear from Tach or Oppy. That would be nice

Personally I wish they told us more about what was inside the paper. And as for my theory on the groups of three letters, I think they are just initials of people who agree with Jonas's dad, it might be psuedonyms, but I think it reprecents people who agree with him. Occum's razor, sometimes the simplest answer is the best.
janesalteredstates
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mvidrine wrote:

Personally I wish they told us more about what was inside the paper.

I'm hoping that is exactly what the next video does.
bethy
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me...I'm leaning not to who those initials refer to but the number of them.

Remember, in the Semiotics file from Tachyon:
Quote:

The Theta is similar to an Egyptian symbol that represents the Sun, and the Mu was derived from the Egyptian hieroglyphic symbol for water. So the Sun equals Ra...and the water equals Naunet? Or maybe Poseidon? When combined this "watcher" symbol establishes that the Order rules and watches over all that exists in between.

Theta is the 8th letter, Mu is the 12th. So that's one more 12, but the 8 = ?.

Theta was also used as an abbreviation for "Thanatos," and considered a warning of death.

As I mentioned last night...we have a document written by one...and a copy given to 11. That's a total of 12 who were intended to receive this manuscript/information.

Given that we have one copy of the manuscript and one symbol...I'm still thinking that the "artwork" belonged to the same person who owned the manuscript. In this case, it seems to be Jonas' father. Since Daniel said, "Your father seemed to be on to something..." it seems rational to assume that R.J.W. are Jonas' father's initials, the author of the manuscript.

Also, recall in the video that they are going to Jonas's aunt's house. Jonas is on a mission to recover their financial information. Why? Jonas also said, "All this stuff about the foundation they set up...." Those words and the way he said it indicate that he is referring to something in the present... all this stuff...

What triggered that? Clearly, Daniel and possibly even Jonas has read the manuscript through. They know more than we do at this point. Does the manuscript contain information on this "Foundation"?

We know that the manuscript is critical of the Order, and that the symbol they found in the cabin is related to it somehow. Daniel said they adopted the symbol, and hinted that the manuscript explains why.

Last night I jokingly theorized in the video thread a hypothetical that, perhaps, The Foundation = Mom and Dad. Lurker, of course, brought up an good point though...if that's true, then wouldn't Tachyon already know what those symbols meant?

Maybe...maybe not. Remember, Tachyon is young. Jonas' parents disappeared over 6 years ago, presumabley when Tachy was still a teenager. This is all hypothetical, of course...but could this Foundation be something akin to the Knight's Templar? Not exactly...but in it's purpose, rise and perhaps, even fall? Could Tachy be working for one of those initials? Perhaps each of those initials has their own symbol?
raigne
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bethy wrote:
Maybe...maybe not. Remember, Tachyon is young. Jonas' parents disappeared over 6 years ago, presumabley when Tachy was still a teenager. This is all hypothetical, of course...but could this Foundation be something akin to the Knight's Templar? Not exactly...but in it's purpose, rise and perhaps, even fall? Could Tachy be working for one of those initials? Perhaps each of those initials has their own symbol?

Wouldn't it be possible that if Jonas' parents were "mom" and "dad" that that would be why Tachyon and Brother haven't been in contact with them?

Of course. There's also the possibility that "mom" and "dad" were recipients of one of the other 11 copies. They could also have comissioned the research.
bethy
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking more that "Mom and Dad" is a group or organization of sorts...rather than specific people.
cynicar
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have to remember that Tach seems to have been abandoned by Mom and Dad, so it's possible that even if these symbols once belonged to the group that Tach was apart of, there's very good chance that she might not know what they mean.

Didn't Daniel also say something about how the symbol represents textual criticism and "correction"? If so, it makes me wonder if the Foundation isn't just the Lutheran to the Order's Catholic. A related religious order thats broken off due to differences in theological interpretations.
freakish
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe the manuscript was just sent to jonas' father to correct it..
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

freakish wrote:
maybe the manuscript was just sent to jonas' father to correct it..

no

when Daniel says "I think your father is on to something" it implies that he had a hand in writing it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> OpAphid: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: