Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

question: are shills officially allowed in this ARG?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Rubbish Bin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
temporalmemory
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:06 pm    Post subject: question: are shills officially allowed in this ARG? Reply with quote

so the mods deleted my previous thread where i posted evidence that the vet players are lying and the op ARG is full of shills for the pm. i understand why, it contained the chat log of a "private" chat from irc. however if somebody is going to blatantly lie to argue against me in a thread, i think i have the right to provide the proof of that lie.

is shilling and secretly giving away the actual answer or crucial clues to "select" players (out of character) the way this ARG is going to be played? i only ask, because it is not how my understanding of how most ARGs work. if that is how it is officially to be played then so be it. i find it upsetting that many players spent long hours working on solving puzzles and they were only solved because the pm gave the answer away in secret to manipulatable players. whats the point of playing, if so?

i just want an official answer to this question and i will go away, i for one am done with it
horcruxes
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

give us an official answer and quit being a coward.
who are you?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
acidfingers
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a player who spends most of my time solving puzzles, I can tell you that you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. I've spent many sleepless nights working very hard on puzzles.

The way that puzzles work in ARGs is this: if the puzzle turns out to be too difficult, the PM drops hints in order to further the progress once they've determined that it is too difficult. The means by which clues are dropped is up to the PM of the ARG.

If you think you can troll this board and bait some flames by posting this kind of spineless crap, you've really got another thing coming. Lurk more, honestly.

Go back under the bridge you came from.
[13:09:39] <marlasinger> acid's like a pussy sore, if you keep playing with it it just gets worse.
ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:42 pm    Post subject: Re: question: are shills officially allowed in this ARG? Reply with quote

temporalmemory wrote:
i just want an official answer to this question and i will go away, i for one am done with it

Who could give you an official answer? The PM of the ARG? I don't believe you will be seeing such an answer here. I could be wrong.

You do understand why posting chat logs from the IRC aren't considered kosher, don't you? It was decided months ago that posting the chat logs would make the people playing there uncomfortable. It is a privacy issue.

Your forum input is welcome. You are welcome here. However, since you insist you are done with this, I bid you farewell, and hopefully you will change your mind.

I would also like to add a friendly reminder to those who are joining in this thread to please check the Forum Etiquette, Rules, and Policies.
immortal1
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:14 am    Post subject: Re: question: are shills officially allowed in this ARG? Reply with quote

ApotheosisAZ wrote:
You do understand why posting chat logs from the IRC aren't considered kosher, don't you? It was decided months ago that posting the chat logs would make the people playing there uncomfortable. It is a privacy issue.

I started the thread where this other person first showed up. I saw from the low post count that the person obviously made the acct just to address this and when I went to read their other posts, saw the post in question. More interesting to me though is this idea that IRC logs are protected. When people were trying to prove Bree was fake they made much worse invasions of privacy. They continued to do so when they exposed Nikki B. IRC is public and off site just as MySpace, milowent's blog, etc.

My point simply is this, I agree with this course of action, I only wish the mods took a stance sooner and the next time someone posts a thread exposing a fan creation as not canon you take a smiliar position and delete that thread.
FallingIntoSin
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:30 am    Post subject: Re: question: are shills officially allowed in this ARG? Reply with quote

immortal1 wrote:
ApotheosisAZ wrote:

I started the thread where this other person first showed up. I saw from the low post count that the person obviously made the acct just to address this and when I went to read their other posts, saw the post in question. More interesting to me though is this idea that IRC logs are protected. When people were trying to prove Bree was fake they made much worse invasions of privacy. They continued to do so when they exposed Nikki B. IRC is public and off site just as MySpace, milowent's blog, etc.

My point simply is this, I agree with this course of action, I only wish the mods took a stance sooner and the next time someone posts a thread exposing a fan creation as not canon you take a smiliar position and delete that thread.

Kind of Ironic, huh :/ I guess like Op's profile, some things were meant to be kept secret for reason. FTL.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
"Men think if women are grabbing and clawing at each other there's a chance they might somehow you know... kiss." --Jerry Seinfeld, on the appeal of Catfights
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
itsreallyreal
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am 100% unclear on what is going on in this thread...

But am I hreading this right? Answers to puzzles were spoon fed to certain members via IRC chat??? Confused
Loki
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is the allegation, yes IRR.

However as acid said, the person making the allegation is merely a troll trying to get a rise out of us. It's better to ignore it than to let it make us doubt each other.

Everything is not as it first appears.

Knowledge is power. Knowledge shared is power lost. -- Aleister Crowley
itsreallyreal
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really? Because with the actions being taken by the Mods/PMs in the Paralax threads it would seem this "Troll" must be close to something...

I didn;t get a chance to read the IRC conversation that was posted and deleted that is entioned here... But I would be interested to...

I am in no hurry to call anyone out or anything.. I would just like to know what's going on so I am not feeling like an alien on the forum... It's like back tracking to noob-dom all over again...

So... I am jst being patient and waiting to see what happens and what is actually discussed... and what is actually proven to be the case... That's all... Very Happy
tigerlilylynn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

itsreallyreal wrote:
Really? Because with the actions being taken by the Mods/PMs in the Paralax threads it would seem this "Troll" must be close to something...

I believe that was Apo trying to cut a flame war off at the pass.
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i really did miss something didn't i....hmph.

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
itsreallyreal
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes you did.. and everyone here seems to be very interested in keeping whatever we missed "behind the curtain" for some reason... Confused
tigerlilylynn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

itsreallyreal wrote:
Yes you did.. and everyone here seems to be very interested in keeping whatever we missed "behind the curtain" for some reason... Confused

From the sounds of it (it being Apo's post), the creators and the PM are having to sort somethings out. We're being low key and letting them do what they will as this may impact business agreements and such. A number of us in gen discussion are boarding our ships into The West.
itsreallyreal
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow... I mean... .. . Wow...
FallingIntoSin
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

itsreallyreal wrote:
I am 100% unclear on what is going on in this thread...

But am I hreading this right? Answers to puzzles were spoon fed to certain members via IRC chat??? Confused

Yes, you are correct, since early November. Unfortunately this ARG will most likely become a lesson to all the other PM's out there on what NOT to do. (Though, I think every other PM out there already knows the golden rule of ARG, which is alway stay behind the curtain)
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
"Men think if women are grabbing and clawing at each other there's a chance they might somehow you know... kiss." --Jerry Seinfeld, on the appeal of Catfights
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Rubbish Bin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: