Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[DISCUSSION] Moderators?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bunnyonsteroids
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh no

thats right

me

Member of the defence force *woot*
Danielle
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think anyone that is brought forth needs to be very unbiased and has a great sense of justice. Actually, we need quite a few anyones now don't we.

Someone that is also a forum frequenter is a good guess for it as well.
<DTayl> i'm the bad sister
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want to point out that I don't think post count should factor into this at all. Mine is on the high side, but I wouldn't put me in a position of power here if I were the last choice. Try as hard as I might, I just can't reign in my inner bitch and neither can a couple of other people Laughing

So, its hard to say how we would determine a "forum frequenter". Some people have been here since the beginning, they just don't post a lot.
Danielle
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like Raven's Grace, as he said to me once

"One post to end them all" (pokemon?!?!?! lol)

Its not so much about the quantity of the posts, but of the weight they carry. Someone with an eloquent use of vocabulary and consisive thought, someone's whos posts you remember.

Frig I'm gonna miss you Tilt.
mincartaugh
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope I'm not being forward, but I'd like to put forth my name to be assessed for the position. I am retired now and have a bit of free time. I've been in the computer industry for 50 years--yes I do remember rewiring the motherboard to reprogram the computers--so I know most of the techie ropes. I write fiction in my spare time (hmmm... I guess that's all the time now.)

My posting count isn't very high, but I have finally gotten a good handle on the story. I try to read the entire thread before posting anything to keep down on the noise.

Mincartaugh
girlAnachronism
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This forum just doesn't feel the same...ugh. I'll go try and contain my inner angst. Tilt, even if you can't see this, i love you. And panda, you were great. Lad too. Okay and I'll stop now.

Personally, I can't think of anyone who could be a mod/op. That's not to say that there aren't good candidates out there, just that I haven't noticed any. Then again, I've felt my interest flag with this. It feels like the forum is dying. Or at least will take several months to recover.
raigne
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I uderstand about the forum dying. I've been lurking around here since I registered. I was instantly interested in the ARG and for months I completely ignored the other forums. I didn't post because things usually moved a bit too fast (puzzles) for me to ever get involved. Now I've been paying attention to Plot and Video because nothing's been happening down here. Not even random stuff. It's too depressing to think that the spirit of the forum's been broken. I'd rather think that people just need a break for awhile.
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

girlAnachronism wrote:
This forum just doesn't feel the same...ugh. I'll go try and contain my inner angst. Tilt, even if you can't see this, i love you. And panda, you were great. Lad too. Okay and I'll stop now.

I feel the same way

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Danielle
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I apologize for starting the saddest thread of all time.
JustAnotherLonelyGirl.
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm depressed. Why'd they leave? What happened? Lad left too?
Is this because of the Glenn issue? I'm gonna die.
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danielle wrote:
I apologize for starting the saddest thread of all time.

imagin
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll say it. I wish they'd come back.

The sum of the whole blow-up seems to be exactly that--- things got blown WAY out of proportion. I have yet to see anything that is even mildly-convincing otherwise. Which would suggest that it wasn't necessary for anyone to need to leave.

Then again, it isn't MY game. I sort of have this crazy idea that if I did create a game, it would follow whatever rules I chose and/or thought necessary to keep the game going smoothly... I'd be unlikely to just follow arbitrary conventions in what is a rather new medium, and I certainly wouldn't let it die because everyone was too busy arguing about nonsense that was not really relevant to notice what they really needed to be doing.

That's sort of like someone trying to tell me I HAVE to answer my phone and talk on it, simply because I possess it, or that I MUST return all phone messages.

I don't think so.

At the rate things are going, it's not going to matter whether or not we have mods... there's nothing TO mod.
Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imagin wrote:
At the rate things are going, it's not going to matter whether or not we have mods... there's nothing TO mod.

While I've always thought our Operators are/were wonderful (despite apparently not always seeing eye to eye) and I agree they'll be missed, I want to reassure everyone that we'll all do our best to pick up the slack. OpAphid the ARG may be on a little hiatus right now while the Creators figure out what to do next, but they insinuated that it will continue. And until then, I hope many of the OpAphid regulars branch out into other areas of the forum and maybe take this chance to get back involved with the LG15 series itself - especially now that the Order is playing a bigger role. Smile
Danielle
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broken Kid wrote:
imagin wrote:

While I've always thought our Operators are/were wonderful (despite apparently not always seeing eye to eye) and I agree they'll be missed, I want to reassure everyone that we'll all do our best to pick up the slack. OpAphid the ARG may be on a little hiatus right now while the Creators figure out what to do next, but they insinuated that it will continue. And until then, I hope many of the OpAphid regulars branch out into other areas of the forum and maybe take this chance to get back involved with the LG15 series itself - especially now that the Order is playing a bigger role. Smile

I've been spending a considerable amount of time in the get to know you section. Its pretty much a whole new world.

Goodbye comfort cliques?
Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danielle wrote:
I've been spending a considerable amount of time in the get to know you section. Its pretty much a whole new world.

Goodbye comfort cliques?

Smile Folks are very friendly there, though! Lots of nice people to get to know! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> OpAphid: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: