Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Facility J [Discussion] - Vial Destruction
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Facility J: Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ignatzmouse wrote:
OK, a hugely OOG post coming up...

What happens if Walter / TJ19 find out we're not destroying the vials? There's a good chance that the PM has a few videos / puzzles etc lined up already, and if we go down this route there's a good chance that all that work will be down the tubes. At very least we're probably causing him a huge headache, and we're possibly flushing the whole FacilityJ game down the toilet.

I realize this isn't a great in-game reason for playing along with Walter, but I wanted to make sure that we'd at least talked about the idea of messing up a game that the PM has obviously put a lot of work into.

Sorry about going all OOG, I failed to come up with a good IG way of saying this Sad

So far the PM has shown him/her/themselves to be very flexible in response to our actions. If you read through the thread for the first delivery to McPackage, you'll see that we decided to destroy the original vials without being told to do so. The reason was because the game was brand new and we had no idea what the vials were or whether we could trust the PM or not. The PM then adjusted the game to make vial destruction an integral part - he may have had other plans originally.
ignatzmouse
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Still OOG...)
trainer101 wrote:
So far the PM has shown him/her/themselves to be very flexible in response to our actions. If you read through the thread for the first delivery to McPackage, you'll see that we decided to destroy the original vials without being told to do so. The reason was because the game was brand new and we had no idea what the vials were or whether we could trust the PM or not. The PM then adjusted the game to make vial destruction an integral part - he may have had other plans originally.

Good point (and a good bit of retconning by the PM) but that seems like a smaller rewrite than what he'll need to come up with if Walter/TJ19 find out that we've not been doing What We're Told By Walter.
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(still OOG)

I would have to hazard a guess and say that the PM has been waiting for us to make this decision. I for one would have expected it with the first delivery, not this far in. I'm sure that they have a contingency plan in place (and I'm sure that they are reading what we are writing here and already know what we are planning and are ready for us).
janesalteredstates
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(OOG Cont.)

I don't know if the PM has been waiting for us to make this decision, however, he has to have in mind that it was certainly a possiblity.
Ziola may be correct. I mean, once we learn that we are destroying something called "the cure" surely we will begin to second guess our role and what it is we are destroying so willy-nilly.

Ziola, I agree. I would have expected at least less unquestioned willingness.
Damn, we're a bunch of sheep Wink
TOSG
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems that TJ19 has been inviting us to make this choice, and I'm sure that the PM is prepared to go forward either way. Worst comes to worst, he could just come up with a cop-out like "Even just handling the closed vials outside of the proper storage conditions will inactivate the sample inside," and the game would go on.
Luminous
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TOSG wrote:
It seems that TJ19 has been inviting us to make this choice, and I'm sure that the PM is prepared to go forward either way. Worst comes to worst, he could just come up with a cop-out like "Even just handling the closed vials outside of the proper storage conditions will inactivate the sample inside," and the game would go on.

I agree, and would carry it even a little further to say that I think Walter deliberately incited mutiny by saying first that we were destroying THE CURE, secondly that we were assisting him with his "dirty work", and thirdly, by pronouncing "Walter knows best"

I think the wild card we are pulling on him, that he may not have anticipated, is that the next two vials are now going to be in the hands of a loyal OPA operative.

The best I can put together, is that Walter has taken these vials from Facility J, which is an OpA facility. He seems bent on destroying them, which means OpA must want them kept in tact. No doubt OPA has a pretty penny invested in development. I can't imagine OPA would want them destroyed. So these two vials will be going right back into the hands of the "Employer" he left on such bad terms that he appears now to be on the run from. TravelerJ19 recruited us to help Walter destroy the vials he removed from Facility J, when he left on bad terms. We earned his trust, he is now sending us vials to destroy, and we are now double crossing him by turning them over to Ziola, who is recovering them for OPA. I hope I'm articulating the dynamic at play here well enough to be understood.

I really can't say what the PM's have planned, but they do seem to be able to think on their feet pretty responsively. I can't imagine this will do anything but liven the game up. Not only are the puzzles challenging, but the plot is beginning to thicken Illuminati I think this can only be a good thing.
Musique
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luminous wrote:

I agree, and would carry it even a little further to say that I think Walter deliberately incited mutiny by saying first that we were destroying THE CURE, secondly that we were assisting him with his "dirty work", and thirdly, by pronouncing "Walter knows best"

I think the wild card we are pulling on him, that he may not have anticipated, is that the next two vials are now going to be in the hands of a loyal OPA operative.

The best I can put together, is that Walter has taken these vials from Facility J, which is an OpA facility. He seems bent on destroying them, which means OpA must want them kept in tact. No doubt OPA has a pretty penny invested in development. I can't imagine OPA would want them destroyed. So these two vials will be going right back into the hands of the "Employer" he left on such bad terms that he appears now to be on the run from. TravelerJ19 recruited us to help Walter destroy the vials he removed from Facility J, when he left on bad terms. We earned his trust, he is now sending us vials to destroy, and we are now double crossing him by turning them over to Ziola, who is recovering them for OPA. I hope I'm articulating the dynamic at play here well enough to be understood.

I really can't say what the PM's have planned, but they do seem to be able to think on their feet pretty responsively. I can't imagine this will do anything but liven the game up. Not only are the puzzles challenging, but the plot is beginning to thicken Illuminati I think this can only be a good thing.

I wholeheartedly agree, Luminous. PM, or Storytellers, or regardless what their title is in an ARG or RPG game, know that their own players will take the game well beyond their own expectations. They are constantly in motion, writing/re-writing their plans... always to stay one step ahead of their gamers. I've played in a few local rpg games, and there's nothing I respect more than the individual Storyteller's ability to not only multitask up the wazoo and think on their toes... but for their flexibility, ability to readjust to new situations, and especially... for their imagination.
ignatzmouse
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Still OOG...)

OK, I can tell when I'm in a minority of one. I hope the PM has a back-up plan!

(Back IG for me...)
ignatzmouse
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I appear to have been asleep at the wheel a bit. When we started this thread, the idea was to hold onto the vials and decide what to do with them later. A couple of pages later, and the plan now appears to be for Ziola to send the vials back to their original owners at APHID Research. Er, did I miss the bit where everybody went out and bought "I (heart) OpA" T-shirts?
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehehe...the character that I have formed here on the forum is that of an agent of OpAphid. While I'm not actually returning any property (and if need be later on we can say that it was stolen back from me) I will in my video thank Traveler for being so kind as to return our (meaning the Order's) stolen property.
ignatzmouse
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, so the plan is that Ziola is going to hang onto the vials, but we're going to psych Walter/TJ19 out because, he he he, we can. And this isn't a Sinister Order Plot, oh no don't worry, because we can always mount a daring commando raid on Ziola's heavily fortified underground bunker. Hmm, good thing Trainer has experience with breaking into Facility J buildings...

(OOG I think this is quite funny, but IG I'm an appalled Breetard.)
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ignatzmouse wrote:
OK, so the plan is that Ziola is going to hang onto the vials, but we're going to psych Walter/TJ19 out because, he he he, we can. And this isn't a Sinister Order Plot, oh no don't worry, because we can always mount a daring commando raid on Ziola's heavily fortified underground bunker. Hmm, good thing Trainer has experience with breaking into Facility J buildings...

Yep, pretty much that's the plan in a nutshell
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ignatzmouse wrote:

And of course, I would be more than happy to lead the "commando" raid into Ziola's... erm... bunker.
ignatzmouse
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trainer101 wrote:
And of course, I would be more than happy to lead the "commando" raid into Ziola's... erm... bunker.

Insert Beavis-and-Butthead-style sniggering here.
Luminous
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trainer101 wrote:
ignatzmouse wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Facility J: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: