Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Forum Fan Fiction area redesign
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:31 am    Post subject: Forum Fan Fiction area redesign Reply with quote

You'll notice that we have redesigned the LG15 Fan Fiction area of the forum. The Creators have said that they want to emphasize fan contributions as much as possible, and a redesign of the entire LG15 website is in the works to do this. This new redesign in the forum should put a re-emphasis on the fan contributions and help encourage more participation.

There are five new forums in the Fan Fiction area:
In Development - This is the writers' area. Discuss video-making tips and questions or contribute to scripts, brainstorm ideas, etc. All are encouraged to participate!

New Releases - Here's where you should discuss the lastest video. Talk about what you like the most, what you found, etc. This is similar to the Video Discussion area for LG15.

In-depth Discussion - Discuss your favorite series. Solve puzzles, contribute input, and maybe even figure out if someone's canon or not!

The FanFic Lobby - Add fan art, non-LG15-related fan-created videos, or other contributions.

FanFic Archive - Where older threads go to rest.

Please note that the old threads will remain while we do some moving and renaming in order to keep discussions going. Please use the new areas while the mods move things around. Let us know if you have questions, and see the "What to talk about here" threads for more details on the new areas.

Last edited by Broken Kid on Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
colbertnationgirl
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one question. I've noticed Mods have been adding [Tip], [Question], or the name of the person who made the video before the thread title. Is this part of the reorganization?
Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

colbertnationgirl wrote:
I have one question. I've noticed Mods have been adding [Tip], [Question], or the name of the person who made the video before the thread title. Is this part of the reorganization?

I'll be working, and trainer volunteered to help, to edit the subjects of many of the old threads when we move them so it's clear what those threads are about. Now that there is no longer a section for HSA or Cassies, some renaming will be helpful, and adding a [tip] or [discussion] or etc. would be very helpful! We'll be doing this with the most recent threads first and then perhaps taking more time to catch up on older threads (as well as moving older threads to the archive).

I forgot to mention that this change has been made with the help of several fan fic contributors!
colbertnationgirl
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broken Kid wrote:
Now that there is no longer a section for HSA or Cassies...
Do you mean that these forums will be shut down, because they are still there.
Luminous
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi kid, I appreciate your efforts. You guys work your butts off :)Sorry I've got to give you some negative feedback here.

From the Facility J perspective, this is not a good change. It makes it harder to follow our story, because now the threads are all split up into different categories, rather than grouped together in the same category where we can easily reference them. This fanfic is a mindbender anyway, without having to go figure out which categories the active threads are in. It would be really nice to have the facilityJ threads grouped together, if the mods are willing.
Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't plan to create a separate forum for any particular series, unless that becomes necessary due to one growing to the size (over time) of CiW or OpAphid. Unfortunately, if we were to do so, we'd have to create far too many sections of the forum, and some would be very inactive.

I think, if you give it a chance, you might find this works better. By careful naming of threads, it should be easier to discuss ongoing series in the In-Depth Discussion area and discuss the video itself in New Releases. Let's give it a try and see how things go.
Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

colbertnationgirl wrote:
Broken Kid wrote:

They will be removed once we rename and move the threads to the appropriate new sections. I didn't want to just mass move all the threads, since their titles aren't necessarily clear.
Luminous
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broken Kid wrote:
colbertnationgirl wrote:
Broken Kid wrote:

They will be removed once we rename and move the threads to the appropriate new sections. I didn't want to just mass move all the threads, since their titles aren't necessarily clear.

Can I suggest, that in naming them - the first word identifies which fanfic it is associated with?

such as:

[HSA]video - title of video
[HSA]discussion - topic of discussion

At least this would make it easier to determine which fan fic the thread is about when scanning a long list.
Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luminous wrote:
Can I suggest, that in naming them - the first word identifies which fanfic it is associated with?

such as:

At least this would make it easier to determine which fan fic the thread is about when scanning a long list.

Yep. My suggestion was something like:
HSA [discussion] - topic of discussion or
[discussion] - HSA - topic of discussion

But anything similar to that would work! Smile
Luminous
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broken Kid wrote:
Luminous wrote:

such as:

Yep. My suggestion was something like:
HSA [discussion] - topic of discussion or
[discussion] - HSA - topic of discussion

But anything similar to that would work! Smile

That's good. I like having the fanfic identifier before the "discussion/question/etc" identifier. When I'm scanning, I would be looking for content in that order - first the fan fic title - second the description of the thread. And can we have a sticky with guidelines for how to name new threads? Very Happy
chershaytoute

Location: Oregon with an ocean view...across the neighbors' cow pasture, wow!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like having the fanfic name at the front, too - again, easier for scanning. And, yes - a sticky is needed, I think, is a necessity, for something like this. I've a hunch coming into this is going to cause a wee bit of confusion Laughing to begin with...so every little bit is definitely going to help.

WWggD - let's make the Breeniverse a better place to live...

Thanks to giddeanx for the coolest personal glue stick ever!
sparrow
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you need any further help (you seem to have it under control), I like the way the Unfiction Unforums do their subject lines:

http://forums.unfiction.com/forums/index.php?f=140

[ARG][Category-ish thing] - Discussion topic
xentis
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is a april fools joke i know it , it is it is it is it is it is it is

nah i think it is a very good idea, not that i really go in that area but

im with series [type]-name of whatever it is

if theres anyway to help I'm only a PM away
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
gogo
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:47 pm    Post subject: fancreations section layout Reply with quote

BK- I think it's great that people will have the ability to share nonvideo creations with others. I think it will be interesting to see what people contribute to this area. I didn't know new section was in the mix, but it seems very positive for those (unlike me) with visual arts/fanficwriting abilities. Neato-mosquito!

Once people get used to the changes, I am sure this new layout will be easy to navigate and use. (I am always so optimistic...)
I hope you realize that I suck.::The finest satire is that in which ridicule is combined with so little malice and so much conviction that it even rouses laughter in those who are hit.-Georg Christoph Lichtenberg
Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big thanks to Trainer for helping me move all the old threads into the appropriate sections. We did a lot of renaming to make things fit the new system.

Also, a big thank you to immortal1, whose input was invaluable to this change. I'm sure the new structure will take some getting used to, but the idea - as immortal emphasized to us - is to involve everyone and not favor any series or video over others.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Nostalgia Land All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: