Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hymn of One
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
marlasinger
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's regsitered through domainsbyproxy.com

Registered Through
GoDaddy.com, Inc.
Domain Name: hymnofone.com
Created on: 2007-03-31 11:47:00
Expires on: 2009-03-31 16:47:00
Last Updated on: 01-apr-2007
Domain Servers
NS1.LONELYGIRL15.COM
NS2.LONELYGIRL15.COM

The Bree Solution.
http://one.revver.com/watch/330795

"Also... im in ur canons... supporting all ur marlas."
-AutoPilate
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sororyzbl
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

janesalteredstates wrote:
trainer101 wrote:
immortal1 wrote:
I'm confused. How's the Order of Denderah fit in to this?

I'm guessing that the Order of Denderah is a level within 'the Order' or at least a level within the "Hymn of One". Bree's mom was supposedly recruited by the Hymn of One yet was not a member of the "Order of Denderah". I'm guessing the 'OoD' would have been Bree's level upon completion of the ceremony. How high that is, I do not know, but it appears to be extremely important to a whole lot of people.

Now I'm just more confused.

It's similar to the EGC in Thelema. You can get baptised in the EGC at age 12. Your parents can raise you in a Thelemic household. But in order to join the OTO, you have to be initiated, sponsored, and 18.
MCH/TA,X ++ CO1,PEG/SG,W+,N++, Dd+, Dr+, A, a+, C++, G++, QH+++,666+++, Y+++
------END MAGIC CODE BLOCK------
oleandereyes
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:29 pm    Post subject: its a fictional religion Reply with quote

I believe that Hymn of One is a fictional relgion. Their website is owned by lonelygirl15.

WhoIs (hymnofone.com)

[whois.godaddy.com]

Registrant:
Domains by Proxy, Inc.

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: HYMNOFONE.COM

Domain servers in listed order:
NS1.LONELYGIRL15.COM
NS2.LONELYGIRL15.COM

See Business Registration Listing
Copy and paste the link below to view additional details:
http://who.godaddy.com/whoischeck.aspx?domain=HYMNOFONE.COM
janesalteredstates
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:13 pm    Post subject: Re: its a fictional religion Reply with quote

oleandereyes wrote:
I believe that Hymn of One is a fictional relgion.

Yes. It is.
ShardinsKitten
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok in the video bree said Hymn of One was like the recruiting branch.

So I don't think Hymn of One is a religion in and of itself Rather just part of the whole.

Or maybe I misunderstood this whole thread, and you all can ignore what I said lol.
jonasrawks
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShardinsKitten wrote:
ok in the video bree said Hymn of One was like the recruiting branch.

So I don't think Hymn of One is a religion in and of itself Rather just part of the whole.

Or maybe I misunderstood this whole thread, and you all can ignore what I said lol.

Sort of like in Lost where Mittelos Bioscience is a recruiting branch for the Others.
marlasinger
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uh...spoiler?! i'm on second season still, damnit! Wink

it's okay, as long as you don't give away the ending of bsg. i fucking cringe and the thought of someone doing that, and at the thought of what I might do to them if they did.

omg. bree is a cylon.

The Bree Solution.
http://one.revver.com/watch/330795

"Also... im in ur canons... supporting all ur marlas."
-AutoPilate
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ambriel
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cylons galore in that episode =D

very good go watch it now
jonasrawks
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marlasinger wrote:
uh...spoiler?! i'm on second season still, damnit! Wink

it's okay, as long as you don't give away the ending of bsg. i fucking cringe and the thought of someone doing that, and at the thought of what I might do to them if they did.

omg. bree is a cylon.

sorry! Embarassed
garnet
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:26 am    Post subject: The father and the sun Reply with quote

Well, this is all just Wikipedia (plus my vague memory of Egyptian mythology), but . . . One of the biggest temples in the town of Denderah is the Hathor temple. Hathor is a goddess, daughter of Ra (the sun god).

The sun god is important, I think. Didn't Bree's dad take her to watch the sunrise once? And didn't someone decide that the Hymn to Aten was significant? Aten is a sun-god too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hathor

http://www.seanet.com/~realistic/psalm104.html
janesalteredstates
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tenshiakui wrote:
trainer101 wrote:
garnet wrote:

I haven't had time to thoroughly read the sources on The Hymn of One, but it seems to have its roots in Egyption goddess worship.

Whoa, where'd you get that?

The Denderah info is correct (there's an image of the Denderah zodiac in my Tachyon video from the temple). BUT, when I poke around looking for info on the Hymn of One, I find ties to the Byzantine Empire (ancient Rome) rather than Egypt. Garnet, can you provide any links?

Same here Trainer. Only the Byzantine pops up. I did find one link that mentioned Egypt, but all it said was that the Byzantine empire had contact with Egypt.

Can someone provide some links for this? I searched for The Hymn of One and only found Faust. Nothing referring to Byzantium or Egypt.
janesalteredstates
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sororyzbl wrote:
trainer101 wrote:
immortal1 wrote:
I'm confused. How's the Order of Denderah fit in to this?

I'm guessing that the Order of Denderah is a level within 'the Order' or at least a level within the "Hymn of One". Bree's mom was supposedly recruited by the Hymn of One yet was not a member of the "Order of Denderah". I'm guessing the 'OoD' would have been Bree's level upon completion of the ceremony. How high that is, I do not know, but it appears to be extremely important to a whole lot of people.

Now I'm just more confused.

It's similar to the EGC in Thelema. You can get baptised in the EGC at age 12. Your parents can raise you in a Thelemic household. But in order to join the OTO, you have to be initiated, sponsored, and 18.

So we don't really know for sure? That I can handle... I'm used to it. Laughing
licoricesniper
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent an e-mail yesterday asking for more information. They haven't answered back yet.

DO IT!!!
garnet
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:02 pm    Post subject: Bree's Religion -- it all connects Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm not sure what I was thinking about before, but now the most significant thing to me seems to be the sun-worship angle.

Denderah = source of a zodiac (zodiacs being based on the path of the sun)

Aten = sun-god, supposedly the basis for 1st monotheistic religion; Aten was brought up on the forum when the Hymn of One was first introduced because the Hymn of Aten was a Hymn to One God.

Hathor has a temple in the town of Denderah; she is a goddess of light and daughter of the Egyptian sun-god Ra

Crowley seems to be another figure in Bree's religion. Crowley was a member of the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn (note the use of the word DAWN), and his version of the unicursal hexagram serves as the symbol for the Hymn of One.

The unicursal hexagram also bears some resemblance to the Masonic square and compass. Crowley has strong connections to freemasonry. Here is some information on Masonic symbolism:

http://www.watch.pair.com/symbol.html

Be forewarned, much of what is described in the above website is very sexual in nature. The article seems to contain valuable fact as well as opinion. If you read the whole page, it will connect freemasonry with its Egyptian roots. The story at the heart of freemasonry is roughly based on the legend of Osiris (yet another Egyptian sun-god / King).

In Masonic symbolism, and in many other frames of reference, the sun is male and the earth is female.

The unicursal hexagram, which is formed by the union of two triangles, is often associated with the union of opposites -- earth and fire, male and female. (Many of you will remember this reference from the DaVinci Code.)

Crowley's version of the unicursal hexagram appears on The Hymn of One's Myspace page. The flower in the center is called the five-pedaled rose and it is an alternate symbol for the pentagram (the symbol of the sacred feminine).

Crowley is also associated with freewill and the law of Thelema. The language Enochian is associated with the Fall of Man, and hence freewill. It is also associated with the occult.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enochian

Enochian was used by John Dee (whose work precedes Crowley's). Dee was most associated with Hermeticism or Hermetic philosophy. Hermeticism is also connected to Egyptian theism and the freemasons.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hermetic_philosophy

One more thing: and this may be insignificant, but Bree's zodiac sign on Myspace is Capricorn. This is also my sign, so I happen to know, it is an Earth sign!

Last edited by garnet on Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
garnet
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:35 pm    Post subject: More interesting facts Reply with quote

More interesting facts:
In the video, "Zodiac of Denderah," Bree says that Sopdet is the most important. Check it out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sopdet

Sopdet (which we know as Sirius) generally appears in Egypt in July. Then, there's this big rain and it floods and then the land is fertile again. . . and that's why Sopdet is considered a goddess of fertility!

I thought this was really interesting. Especially because of the story Bree tells in "Mysteries of my Past . . . Revealed." It's all about when she lived in Australia and her dad took her to see this big storm.

eta: sorry for the double-post!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Her Religion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: