Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

xmen taag - update: sarah!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The FanFic Lobby
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
marlasinger
Devoted Fan


Joined: 27 Feb 2007
Posts: 736
Location: The 8th Dimension

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:13 am    Post subject: xmen taag - update: sarah! Reply with quote

got the idea in the beast thread...
jonas as nightcrawler
bree as rogue
beast as...wolverine! it was supposed to be gambit but i need a good excuse to draw wolvie.

see how it's going so far: just jonas

smaaaalll image! the finished product will be nice and big.


_________________
my love tastes a lot like tofu.

The Bree Solution.
http://one.revver.com/watch/330795

"Also... im in ur canons... supporting all ur marlas."
-AutoPilate


Last edited by marlasinger on Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sami
P. Monkey's Agent


Joined: 23 Sep 2006
Posts: 2237
Location: Norway

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's great work
_________________
"Have you uff da'd today?" - Broken Kid
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
QtheC
Enthusiastic Fan


Joined: 22 Feb 2007
Posts: 374

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you give a quick run-down of the tools you use and how you work? (I have little to no art talent, but I like to know how it's done).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ziola
The Order of Denderah


Joined: 17 Oct 2006
Posts: 5774

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marla, that is great!!

*makes mental note of Marla's talent for next tattoo*
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sami
P. Monkey's Agent


Joined: 23 Sep 2006
Posts: 2237
Location: Norway

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

are you that chick form fight club?
_________________
"Have you uff da'd today?" - Broken Kid
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
marlasinger
Devoted Fan


Joined: 27 Feb 2007
Posts: 736
Location: The 8th Dimension

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QtheC wrote:
Can you give a quick run-down of the tools you use and how you work? (I have little to no art talent, but I like to know how it's done).


Hey QtheC!

Okay, so I'm using a little wacom tablet that allows me to move my mouse on the screen like a pen on paper - not that simple, but that's pretty much it. I'm in photoshop, but my program of choice is still opencanvas - a simple little program that has a few brushes, but is tons of fun to use.

In photoshop I use just three brushes. The regular solid round brush, and then a slightly softer brush for shading - I tend to do all my flats first (that is, the solid base colours) then go in with the slightly softer brush and start adding highlights and shadows.

Photoshop is a program with infinite capabilities - I unfortunately am not proficient with it. For example, the smoke you see around Jonas could be done in photoshop to look really neat - take Scott Ramsoomair's Leo Nightcrawler for example, where his shading and smoke are done in a way that I have yet to comprehend. Definitely cool though!

I use lots of layers, too. that helps. Wink Jonas took me about 2 hours to sketch (like 5 friggin times, positions and such) and ink, and colour, in total. Bree should take no time at all - you can see her in the upper right hand corner there.

As for Fight Club, that I am.

As for tattoo designs, just send me a PM, I've done a few.

Smile
_________________
my love tastes a lot like tofu.

The Bree Solution.
http://one.revver.com/watch/330795

"Also... im in ur canons... supporting all ur marlas."
-AutoPilate
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah


Joined: 30 Oct 2006
Posts: 4732
Location: Halifax NS Canada

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
so I'm using a little wacom tablet that allows me to move my mouse on the screen like a pen on paper - not that simple, but that's pretty much it.


Time for a little plug for my husband's work...haha

ok guys, wacom tablets are great and cheap(-ish) and such, but HP (Hewertt-Packard) has such a hgih quality tablet now.
It is specifically design for graphic arts and has an amazing response time from stylus to screen, even if memory is bogged down (i've tried done it with photoshop, msn, myspaceim, aim, firefox, itunes, macpee [yup i called it macpee] a lonelygirl15 video and my ipaq updates all running at the same time). Not only does it have a great response to movement, but pressure...

Also, believe it or not, you can get a paint program for your IPaq/Palm/Handhel device that is pretty damn good too. I have one on my ipaq that allows me to go out and sketch out a picture and easily upload it onto my table as a BMP.

this is boreder line spam now...haha

if you want more information, check out the HP website! (google it!)
_________________
kelly

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
marlasinger
Devoted Fan


Joined: 27 Feb 2007
Posts: 736
Location: The 8th Dimension

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...lol. well, whatever you're using, wacom or hp, if it's a tablet, then you're going to want to make sure you're comfortable using it.

any tablet is tough to get used to, and i found the hardest thing to adapt to was the slick surface - i'm used to pencil on paper, and there's a lot of friction between the two. I got used to that feeling, and then suddenly i was plastic on plastic with an iiiiitty biiiitty mu factor.

i slid all over the place - so what i did was tape a piece of paper to the tablet, over the drawing space, so that i had SOME friction. It helped a TON.

update...

_________________
my love tastes a lot like tofu.

The Bree Solution.
http://one.revver.com/watch/330795

"Also... im in ur canons... supporting all ur marlas."
-AutoPilate
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah


Joined: 30 Oct 2006
Posts: 4732
Location: Halifax NS Canada

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
any tablet is tough to get used to, and i found the hardest thing to adapt to was the slick surface - i'm used to pencil on paper, and there's a lot of friction between the two. I got used to that feeling, and then suddenly i was plastic on plastic with an iiiiitty biiiitty mu factor.


check staples, or sometimes art stores have it...

but they have a plastic sheeth spacially made for tablets and a ditgital sketch pad.

You can stick it on the screen (like that blue stuff they put on stainles steel aplainces to protect it during shipment). It's grainy on the side that isn't sticky.
Now I don't mean, bumby grainy, but just enough to help with the slippery-ness/lack of friction. I didn't find it did anything to stylus response time on ours when I had it on, but on a friend of mine's tablet it slowed it down by a small fraction of a second.
The store we bought it from said it's typically difficult to find, but most art school supply stores have it, or towns with art school's local stores at a much cheaper price the school supply stores.
_________________
kelly

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
marlasinger
Devoted Fan


Joined: 27 Feb 2007
Posts: 736
Location: The 8th Dimension

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm well used to it now, kelly! ^_^ thanks though, I'll keep this in mind for anyone that asks me.
_________________
my love tastes a lot like tofu.

The Bree Solution.
http://one.revver.com/watch/330795

"Also... im in ur canons... supporting all ur marlas."
-AutoPilate
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
immortal1
Enthusiastic Fan


Joined: 15 Sep 2006
Posts: 455

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are insanely talented.

I am in awe.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Opladybug
Casual Observer


Joined: 20 Feb 2007
Posts: 121

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is soo cool.
But you cut out gambit,and thats just sad. poor Gambit. Sad
_________________
Cassieisbeinggamejacked.

Comments,represent!

--... --... --... --... --... --... ..--- . -.... -.-. -.... ..-. --... ...-- --... ....- ..--- . -.... ..... --... ..... ..--- ..-. ...-- ...-- -.... ...-- -.... ..--- ...-- .----
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah


Joined: 30 Oct 2006
Posts: 4732
Location: Halifax NS Canada

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really amazed at the likeness of Bree/Jess/Rogue (interesting choice by the way. Rogue's Backstory, almost fits to Bree's).
SOMETIMES people can get it right, but other times...well .... it's a nice try. Hahaha.
_________________
kelly

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
QtheC
Enthusiastic Fan


Joined: 22 Feb 2007
Posts: 374

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marlasinger wrote:
QtheC wrote:
Can you give a quick run-down of the tools you use and how you work? (I have little to no art talent, but I like to know how it's done).


Hey QtheC!

Okay, so I'm using a little wacom tablet that allows me to move my mouse on the screen like a pen on paper - not that simple, but that's pretty much it. I'm in photoshop, but my program of choice is still opencanvas - a simple little program that has a few brushes, but is tons of fun to use.

In photoshop I use just three brushes. The regular solid round brush, and then a slightly softer brush for shading - I tend to do all my flats first (that is, the solid base colours) then go in with the slightly softer brush and start adding highlights and shadows.

Photoshop is a program with infinite capabilities - I unfortunately am not proficient with it. For example, the smoke you see around Jonas could be done in photoshop to look really neat - take Scott Ramsoomair's Leo Nightcrawler for example, where his shading and smoke are done in a way that I have yet to comprehend. Definitely cool though!

I use lots of layers, too. that helps. Wink Jonas took me about 2 hours to sketch (like 5 friggin times, positions and such) and ink, and colour, in total. Bree should take no time at all - you can see her in the upper right hand corner there.

As for Fight Club, that I am.

As for tattoo designs, just send me a PM, I've done a few.

Smile


Thanks for the info.!

I have used photoshop a little - to get the smoke effect, try drawing the smoke on another layer or layers, and playing with the opacity settings (but you probably know that).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sami
P. Monkey's Agent


Joined: 23 Sep 2006
Posts: 2237
Location: Norway

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow.. just wow... Not only is X-men taag's a cool idea, but those pics are great. That is Bree
_________________
"Have you uff da'd today?" - Broken Kid
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The FanFic Lobby All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Protected by Anti-Spam ACP