Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

gjtko2007 presents "What I Think Of..." Episode 1:

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gjtko2007
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:47 pm    Post subject: gjtko2007 presents "What I Think Of..." Episode 1: Reply with quote

Hello and welcome to the first installment of "What I Think Of...", a series of threads where I post my opinions on a specific topic of choice, usually a current hot topic or something related to the latest video. Today's topic is...

AUNT ALEX

Ah, yes, Aunt Alex. Up until recently, we we're all sure she was simply another way for the Order to find BDJ, but now things aren't as clear-cut anymore. So the question is:

Is Aunt Alex...
A. "The Devil Wears Prada"?
B. An Order-puppet?
C. Something else entirely?

Right now, I am leaning to B because of "Hug It Out". I will grant the possibility of the whole thing being a sob story to lead BDJ into a trap, but I don't think it really is. Something like the hug seen and breakdown like Jonas described would be pretty hard to fake; it's easy to fake anger, much less so to fake tearful breakdowns.

Here's what I think of Alex's history:
She was caught between an Order (Hymn of One) mother (Jonas' grandma) and a brother (Jonas' dad) who later turned to a skeptic of the Order. He probably did some research into his mother-in-law's religion, then shocked at what he found, turned against it. He later published the criticism paper and probably joined the rebellion against the Order mentioned by Tachyon, apparently related to that two-legged symbol.

Alex, an aspiring photographer, was influenced to conform to the Order through her by staying away from non-Order members (like how Bree was sometimes forced to avoid Daniel). She was an aspiring photographer, but chafed at not getting the recognition she felt she deserved. Through her mother, Alex was approached by the Order and in exchange for much-desired recognition and prominence "sold her soul" to the Order, probably to use as a spy to monitor (via her photography) the prominent rebel her brother had become. Eventually, the Order "neutralized" (captured or killed) the threat Jonas' dad posed, and Alex dropped her photography (possibly because she didn't need to be a spy anymore).

Fast-forwarding to the present situation, she is approached (possibly by different factions of the Order) to capture Bree, but that would also mean she would have to harm her own nephew. She feels caught in the middle between family and loyalty, and "Hug It Out" shows she maybe ready to bolt from being the Order's lackey.

So what do you think? Agree? Disagree? Smile
Sami
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. I may be naive, but I think she really want to help the taag, but feels caught in the middle, and have some kind of loyalty to the order
longlostposter
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't trust Alex simply for the reason that the speech she gave in "Alex is..." seemed way to cruel and hateful to be done under duress. She put every ounce of herself into sounding as foreboding and hateful as she could. Also, her demeanor when she answered the door for Bree changed in the exact same manner it changed when she opened the door for Daniel in "Alex is...". I think trusting her is a bad idea, simply due to the fact that she is an unknown, and that could spell bad news for the trio.

OTOH, if she is good, she could have a lot of knowledge the that trio needs.
Shout outs to my beautiful daughter badkittyx1505, Aithne, and Lurker.
gjtko2007
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

longlostposter wrote:
I don't trust Alex simply for the reason that the speech she gave in "Alex is..." seemed way to cruel and hateful to be done under duress. She put every ounce of herself into sounding as foreboding and hateful as she could.

True, but it just means that she did what she was told in an effective, efficient manner. It may have been a farce, but it was a very good one.

longlostposter wrote:
Also, her demeanor when she answered the door for Bree changed in the exact same manner it changed when she opened the door for Daniel in "Alex is...".

This is because Bree and Daniel aren't family, they are just "the targets" the Order wants her to get. The problem stems from the fact that nephew Jonas has been providing for them, driving them around, etc. If Jonas wasn't involved (ie, if it just were Bree and Daniel), Alex would be truly be shown as part of the Order. It's Jonas that makes all the difference.
cbizzle44
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i still don't completely trust her. that speech was pretty convincing. but if she says she's good now, they could have her around at a distance....

oh, it's what you do to me

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=clarazzle44- in a youtubian world
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: