Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Discussion]Profile updates 04/10/07
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Morgan
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with everyone. This is a slap in the face.

<3 Danielbeast <3
marlasinger
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WTF!?

this is bullshit!

The Hedberg quote made me so sad too, I remember finding out he died, on April Fool's Day - we all thought it was a joke on Stern's site...but then...it wasn't.

That in itself depresses me. Why use a Hedberg quote, seriously. And the Bueller reference...sigh.

The Bree Solution.
http://one.revver.com/watch/330795

"Also... im in ur canons... supporting all ur marlas."
-AutoPilate
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm 75% positive this is someone effing with us now

Cool Wink Evil or Very Mad

( if there could be a mad sunglassed face and a mad winkie face you'd see it!)

truely disappointing from such brilliance if its true. I'd expect much more.

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Luv2Luvem
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like everyone to take a step back and think about this for a minute. If we are this frustrated with everything, how do you think the person who created these wonderful characters and the storyline we all loved feels. Probably infinitely more frustrated than any of us. This was his baby and now he can't finish what he started. So before everyone starts making assumptions about giving us "the finger" and slapping us in the face, remember that the finger may very well be pointed at someone else. *cough cough*

I shall get some rest when the profile tells me to.
robtomorrow
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this has allready been said,

My guess is that this is Glenn's way of saying "that's all folks", it probably was not meant to be as offencive as some here are taking it. My understanding is that there has been some litigation and lawyers involved, but in any case, it seems like the collaboration between Glenn and the Creators is over.

But then I am just speculating like everyone else.
ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My opinion. I see two possibilities here, though there may be others:

1. The original PM still controls these accounts. If that is the case, then these profile updates seem to be a message indicating that the game has been left in official status, but that it has been allowed to atrophy for some reason, and these updates are wry comments directed at The Creators.

2. There is a new PM. If this is true, then The Creators have chosen someone who understands the characters, but who also appears to be out of touch with an effort to revitalize the game.
silverblue
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woah. I had the exact opposite reaction to everyone else when I saw Oppy's profile change. My face slowly turned to Very Happy with anticipation.

Nobody else got an excited little shiver up their spine at the so-blatant CiW mention? No one thought of the potential (positive) possibilities?
krmurr87
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for people, like me, who never got a chance to experience the whole Ciw phenomenon...can someone explain what was said and why it was so offensive? I'm gathering that the quote on Op's site is something that was on Ciw and marked the ending of it? what was this SL thing?
ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

krmurr87 wrote:
for people, like me, who never got a chance to experience the whole Ciw phenomenon...can someone explain what was said and why it was so offensive? I'm gathering that the quote on Op's site is something that was on Ciw and marked the ending of it? what was this SL thing?

Well, here is a link to an insightful post by trainer101 where he compares the two messages.
The Opaphid profile update is very nearly the same as CiW's last profile update.

SL, or Second Life, is an online world that CiW inhabited. Many people thought that CiW ended as a viral-marketing attempt for SL.
robtomorrow
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

krmurr87 wrote:

I wasn't that involved in CiW either, although I was around at the time, the fans of CiW have a love of CiW that I never understood, and any reference to CiW by the Creators or others seems to touch a nerve.

The SL thing refers to the the last video by CiW where she appears in the online game Second Life, some people went looking for her there but found her just standing lifeless, and that was the end of CiW.

Last edited by robtomorrow on Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jewelybug
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mourningbelle wrote:
I think it might be a bit of a jab to those who are comparing Op to Cassie. Which, I must say, is really unfair to Op.. Totally different situation. :\

I agree Belle. Couldn't agree more <3
Danielle
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kasdeja wrote:
I find it to be a slap in the face, honestly. I wasted a lot of time on CiW to have it crap out...so it's not just a jab at people comparing.

I don't think it's meant to be a nice farewell.
Its leaving all of us with a bitter taste in our mouths, and I hope that the creators are taking notice.

We all want a resolution.... too everything.
<DTayl> i'm the bad sister
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to tonights MixedMedia show, the Creators did not orchestrate the profile updates. Apparently Glenn still controls the accounts.
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its offensive to me, because as an avid fan, I think everyone deserve a proper goodbye.
Even with all the controversy, I think the person who loved these character enough to bring them to life, and loved the fans enough to communicate with them in and out of character should realize that.
Personally, and I don't care what people think when i say this, I think it was immature for him to do that, and vengeful, and a little selfish. I admit I'm being selfish to, but as a writer myself, I think this is distasteful and plain immature and I truely think it's disrespectful to the fans that DID have faith, and DID appreciate his work. It's like he's trying to slap all of us in the face, for something that not all of us did (i will admit, i'm probably in his, or a lot of your guys minds, not one of those people). It upsets me because it's a sign to be that he had such little respect for us, to just leave us high and dry without a proper resolution, doing something that so many people were upset about with CiW. People HATED the fact that Cassie jsut left like that. People ditested that, and the fact that he stooped to that low upsets me. A lot.
I understand what it means, I understand that a lot of people don't feel the same way. But he could have done it in a much more tasteful way out of RESPECT for his fans. To me, it's like he's throwing us out like trash. When a lot of people didn't do that to him. A lot of people here stood up for him, and defended him and pleaded to get him back. Then he jsut turned around a slapped us all in the face doing something that he knew that everyone disliked about CiW, the previous popular ARG.
I don't care if this was a move to upset the creators, to tell them to shove it, because it caught us in the middle, and that is just disrespecetful.

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
robtomorrow
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said Kelly,

You are probably right, but it doesn't surprise me from some of the things I've heard about Glenn, his use of sock puppets to insult people on the forum for example, it seems he has a mean streak.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> OpAphid: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: