Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

0170- "Apology Accepted?"- [4/10/07]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
voyboy
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mellie3204 wrote:

...As an aside: for future vids, I would really like to see the team work on some sort of plan to get more info on the Order and their activities, instead of being so reactive all the time. Also, some private 'diary' type videos that are not uploaded publicly, so we can find out what the charecters REALLY think, about their situation and each other. Now that would be worth watching. I've been holding out for that for a while, but it doesn't seem to have happened.....

I agree 100%
We should be able to suspend reality enough to be able to get private videos from the our trio, or something. as of now its like they are trying to get caught. Its vey confusing to me.

And the team work!! Yes!!! I would like to see more vids with the 3 or them together than as many private vids. They really shine when they are all together.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
bluejay
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if Alex is sorry for what she did and genuinely is asking forgiveness, she's just not trustworthy. She's directly lied to them and withheld all sorts of information in the past... we know she's willing to go along with things even if she's uncomfortable with them. So even if now we are supposed to think she is 'good,' she's not somebody I think BD&J should rely on - she's changed sides before, she could change sides again.
Brooke4ua
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:40 pm    Post subject: Alex's Attire Reply with quote

I may be a bit behind in just noticing...but has anyone else realized that Alex wore a lot of black in the first couple videos she was in (represents dark & evil) followed by black & white mixed (the dress on her way to Mexico, the black shirt with white shawl & white earrings) then in the last 2 videos she has wore white. I wonder if this represents her becoming more honest & pure...Now she is a "good guy"??
Lurker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cabby wrote:
Misty wrote:
WTF is with her saying "Jonas' dad"? No one would refer to their own brother that way. She would either call him by name or say "my brother". I think the writers Fucked up on that one.

it's because she is only his half-sister or something like that.

It's because she's talking to us. We know Jonas' dad as nothing more than "Jonas' dad." If you're speaking to a bunch of strangers about someone they would only know in reference to your mutual familiar, you'd probably use references like that. It sounded natural to me.

JustAnotherLonelyGirl. wrote:
I hate the question mark at the end of the title. Alex did not say she was sorry in that video. She just gave us a sob story so she'd look like a victim after she led her nephew and his friend whom she flirted and made out with AND an adorable little girl go to las vegas and get kidnapped and drugged by her stupid religion thing. Now they're just gonna forgive her because "oh boo hoo, the Order tricked me into it!" Well in that case, I don't feel bad for you that your life sucks, just that you're pathetically stupid. Bye.

In conclusion, Apology NOT Accepted.

In October, Bree willfully went along with a plot to trick Daniel into thinking they were doing the ceremony already - during which time they were watching him and tried to grab him. He had to run from them.

Really, Daniel's the only one of the three Alex screwed over, and Bree's screwed him over just as badly and more than once (and in multiple ways).

Alex didn't lead them to Las Vegas, by the way. They left Alex's place and went off on their own. Or did you mean "let"? In that case, according to her, she didn't even know about the kidnappings until after they happened.

ericski wrote:
db gets confident and assertive when he has her on camera. she in turn gets vulnerable. it works.

At that point, I was expecting this post to go in an entirely different direction from the one it did.
mincartaugh
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lurker wrote:
Really, Daniel's the only one of the three Alex screwed over, and Bree's screwed him over just as badly and more than once (and in multiple ways).
Holy Cow! (expletive changed for the PG rating) Daniel does seemed to get (again expletive changed) wounded by the women in his life. I truly didn't realize that until now. He needs to get away from those people.
JustAnotherLonelyGirl.
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lurker wrote:
I hate the question mark at the end of the title. Alex did not say she was sorry in that video. She just gave us a sob story so she'd look like a victim after she led her nephew and his friend whom she flirted and made out with AND an adorable little girl go to las vegas and get kidnapped and drugged by her stupid religion thing. Now they're just gonna forgive her because "oh boo hoo, the Order tricked me into it!" Well in that case, I don't feel bad for you that your life sucks, just that you're pathetically stupid. Bye.

In conclusion, Apology NOT Accepted.

In October, Bree willfully went along with a plot to trick Daniel into thinking they were doing the ceremony already - during which time they were watching him and tried to grab him. He had to run from them.

Alex didn't lead them to Las Vegas, by the way. They left Alex's place and went off on their own. Or did you mean "let"? In that case, according to her, she didn't even know about the kidnappings until after they happened.

Actually I'll have to disagree with you there. I worded that incorrectly though, I will admit. What I meant was that her betrayal is what led them to leave and left them with limited options as to where they could stay safely. I suppose that wasn't totally her fault, because yes, she seemingly stood up for them afterwards. But she knew they were in danger. She may have just been reciting that speech, but she knew she was warning them of something terrible. She let them go when they had no one to go to, and she shouldn't have, if she really cared.
I also disagree that she only screwed Daniel over. Jonas is her nephew. She's known all these years why they disappeared. She had all those newspaper clippings. She didn't care enough to mention them. Then she led him straight into the Order's hands by bringing him to an Order party.
And Bree, well, she technically never screwed over Bree. But she is still in the Order, and she still wants Bree to do that Ceremony.

She said she's on their side in helping to find Jonas's parents, not helping to run from the Order. She never said she agrees with Bree's decision not to do the Ceremony. It will be interesting to see if she continues to try and persuade Bree.

EDIT after reading the rest of the comments:
I definitely agree with most of the people on here that she is not trustworthy. I'm kind of with the theory that this sob story is all a plan to lure the trio back into the Order's hands.

Also, I realized I may be biased because I genuinely don't like her. Alex, that is. I like Bitsie as an actress. But if this were real I would probably try and pick a fight with that snobby little bitch. She pisses me off. I hate when people say "You don't understand what my life is like." Cry me a freaking river bitch. She has a lot of nerve to tell Bree that she doesn't understand pain. I mean, she's only been lied to her entire life, seen the man who raised her get shot, lost all contact with the woman who raised her, lived an isolated and sheltered life, been forced to abandon that life with little to no explanation why she is being hunted... need I continue? But okay, she would NEVER understand Alex's feelings..

Evil or Very Mad Rolling Eyes
lonelygirl
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't Alex going to be scared of the order going after her? I really, really hope that she does not turn out bad.
Lurker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I'll have to disagree with you there. I worded that incorrectly though, I will admit. What I meant was that her betrayal is what led them to leave and left them with limited options as to where they could stay safely. I suppose that wasn't totally her fault, because yes, she seemingly stood up for them afterwards. But she knew they were in danger. She may have just been reciting that speech, but she knew she was warning them of something terrible. She let them go when they had no one to go to, and she shouldn't have, if she really cared.

I can sort of see that argument, but she probably wouldn't have been able to convince them that they could stay with her either. Not at that point.

Ultimately, though, I can't see holding her any more culpable for the kidnapping than the kids themselves for broadcasting where they go all the time, or for choosing to go in that particular direction, or for walking around the gas station alone the way they did, or any number of things. You could even go back and argue that if Daniel hadn't started snooping around quite so blatantly, a particular variable might have changed such that Bree's dad would have never died or something.

When it comes to indirect blame, the blaming never stops. It's better to stick with those who are directly responsible.

I also disagree that she only screwed Daniel over. Jonas is her nephew. She's known all these years why they disappeared. She had all those newspaper clippings. She didn't care enough to mention them. Then she led him straight into the Order's hands by bringing him to an Order party.

That's a good point.
kwicherbichen
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bluejay wrote:
Even if Alex is sorry for what she did and genuinely is asking forgiveness, she's just not trustworthy. She's directly lied to them and withheld all sorts of information in the past... we know she's willing to go along with things even if she's uncomfortable with them. So even if now we are supposed to think she is 'good,' she's not somebody I think BD&J should rely on - she's changed sides before, she could change sides again.

I don't know... I don't know what kind of conditions she was under with the order. We do know that they got her at a very vulnerable time, so how will they get her NOW? And ~come on~ even if she is "bad" what is the worse she could do? Give another mean speech?

I wonder about "free will"... why was she obligated to give the message?

It seems to me they stretch out "free will" by directly influencing their subject and giving them propaganda.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Balmung
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, i think that if anyone is to be believed here, it's jonas. according to him, alex used to hang out with his family allllll the time. I think that he would be an excellent judge of alex's general character based on her previous actions. and i think that if he believes her, and that he thinks that her story checks out, we should be inclined to beleive him.

or at least to have a reeeally good reason not to.
Nieriel.Manwathiel
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Balmung wrote:
well, i think that if anyone is to be believed here, it's jonas. according to him, alex used to hang out with his family allllll the time. I think that he would be an excellent judge of alex's general character based on her previous actions. and i think that if he believes her, and that he thinks that her story checks out, we should be inclined to beleive him.

yeah; and in all those years she abandoned him, her pure, innocent personality never changed one iota.

can you smell the sticky-sweet sarcasm?
Aithne

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Balmung wrote:

I think Jonas' judgment is that last one we should trust. People tend be less likely to see something the closer it is to them - bad wording I know, let me try to clarify...

We tend to (subconsciously choose) not to see the bad in people we care about. Because it would be painful to see it. For example a wife may live with her alcoholic husband for years without realizing that he has an addiction. Many times it takes something drastic or undeniable to happen in order for her to see that there is a problem.
SirWallyWally
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I am surprised some of the super sleuths here didn't pick up on was a double meaning at the end of the video. Actually, it could have quite a few meanings...

"I could really use a big brother right now."

Big brother, like her older step-brother, Jonas's dad? Simple, innocent meaning.

Maybe Big Brother, another name for the Order, similar to the omnipotent and omnipresent Big Brother in the book 1984? We know the Order has people every where and knows most every thing.

Or finally, big Brother, like she is reaching out for Brother/Tachyon, since I believe she must know about them either through Lucy/the Order or an inebriated Jonas or Daniel after the party. Alex could possibly think that Brother/Tachyon could help her escape from the Order.

Something about that last sentence jumped out and hit me hard as soon as I heard it.
Aithne

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SirWallyWally wrote:
One thing I am surprised some of the super sleuths here didn't pick up on was a double meaning at the end of the video. Actually, it could have quite a few meanings...

Big brother, like her older step-brother, Jonas's dad? Simple, innocent meaning.

Maybe Big Brother, another name for the Order, similar to the omnipotent and omnipresent Big Brother in the book 1984? We know the Order has people every where and knows most every thing.

Or finally, big Brother, like she is reaching out for Brother/Tachyon, since I believe she must know about them either through Lucy/the Order or an inebriated Jonas or Daniel after the party. Alex could possibly think that Brother/Tachyon could help her escape from the Order.

Something about that last sentence jumped out and hit me hard as soon as I heard it.

Ha! I am so glad you brought this up. That was the only thing in the video that stood out to me (kinda like being slapped in the face). I find it difficult to believe that she means her big brother/Jonas' dad for one reason SHE SEEMS TO BE THE ONLY ONE (outside of the regular evil order members) WHO HAS KNOWN WHERE HE IS! It hits a nerve for her to say that (if in fact she is referring to her brother/Jonas' Dad), since she has been fully aware of his whereabouts/predicament, and has not only done nothing to help him, but has (and I could be reading too much into her 2 speeches) helped to put him in whatever situation he is in.
mindinflight
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SirWallyWally wrote:

Ha! I'm so glad someone else finally noticed this! (Or am I a little slow, having not quite finished reading all of the previous comments... *shrugs*) My first impression of the line was that she was opening herself up to Daniel, saying she needed some sort of comfort from someone, anyone, possibly him.

Going over it again though... I think I can see where you're coming from, Sir. That could have been Alex saying she needed Tachy/Brother's protection from the Order.... it's all in the tone of the voice. I guess we'll have to see what's up when the next vid comes out... *taps chin thoughtfully*

BTW -- I'm new here! Smile I've been lurking for some time, but only recently got the courage to officially join the community!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The Videos All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: