Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OpAphid Resolution
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Nostalgia Land
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Creators
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:02 pm    Post subject: OpAphid Resolution Reply with quote

Hey everyone,

Thanks for your patience and understanding. We'd like to give you some closure on this issue. For a lot of reasons, we can't go into details, but we can let you know where everything stands so we can all move forward:

1) There will not be a standalone ARG that is separate and distinct from LG15. As we have talked about in the press, LG15 is an interactive ongoing serial that incorporates ARG elements (puzzles, real-world interactions).
2) OpAphid is no longer the official ARG of LG15 and there will be no more LG15 videos featuring OpAphid, Tachyon, or Brother
3) For internal reasons, we have both decided to part ways. Glenn will no longer be working on LG15. We wish him the best of luck in his future endeavors.

Thanks for your understanding and for watching the show. We VERY MUCH appreciate your loyalty, and we have some exciting announcements that you'll be hearing in the next weeks and months. Thanks!

The Creators

Last edited by The Creators on Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:56 am; edited 1 time in total
HyeMew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I'm very saddened--
I am glad that you have backed away from making LG15 ARG-centric. An ARG is a lot of work, and contrary to what it seems like Greg was thinking a month or two ago, the fans did not come to LG15 for an ARG. ARGers found their way here through Cassie, which as you guys said had nothing to do with you. The original Hunt for Bree was not about ARGing. It has been portrayed as "ok we fans are here, but what are we supposed to solve?? We don't know so we will making finding the Creators the ARG." No no, that had nothing to do with it. We found an intriguing girl who was almost too good to be true. There were little things which implied she might be, and we decided to further explore that. ARGs were the furthest thing from our mind (as the Dauntless Dead of LG15 Fans, I know I can say I had no idea what an ARG was until people started mentioning it because of Cassieiswatching).

I certainly do not say shy away from puzzles, but don't knock yourselves out with it. It did seem like you were trying too hard with the whole help-Daniel-solve-stuff part, and it really got away from the spirit of LG15 and why fans watch. If you can keep this foremostly about what it always has been, which is vlogging, talking to the camera, etc., you will not let your fans down.

There's a big difference between the original mysteries (what's up with Crowley? What's her religion she keeps mentioning?) and the Daniel puzzle. The prior things were subtle, low key, and yet tantalizing enough to get us all talking. That's the way to go, keep that in mind. Thanks guys (and girl)!
Linc
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So... then I guess I need to talk to someone!
surrealisticpill
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hope all of the opaphid-related threads remain here, archived somewhere.
Letal89
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to miss the OpAphid, Tachyon, Brother stuff. Espically Tachyon =(.
kellylen
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to miss Tachyon a lot but I understand your guys decisions.
Renegade
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmpf. This sucks. All the retconning, especially.

Every time you score a goal, a starving child in Africa dies.
colbertnationgirl
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will miss Tachyon as well, but I understand your decision. Thank you for the resolution.
PolkadotConfederation
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This made me cry. Crying or Very sad I'm going to miss Tachy, but I trust you guys, and understand the decision you chose to make.
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While this isn't the resolution that some wanted, I appreciate that you took the time to inform us.
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lola
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the strangest approach to storytelling I've seen. How do you introduce the opposition and then just ask the audience to ignore that part later? How does anyone but a real fan follow all of this just watching the videos? It leaves the whole thing coasting on the likeability of the actors.

Maybe the best thing would be to have Bree wake up in her room. All this on the run stuff was just a dream, her father isn't dead, she's still got the ceremony looming and she can go back to the vlogging.

I don't really understand this at all.
rodrigogar
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its kinda sad and its weird at the same time. I mean, we always knew about the order and watchers and all that good stuff. Op gave us that look and information needed about them.

It was awesome to see both sides, for instance the video where they entered to db and bree's hotel room and took their money, we got to see that from db and brees cmaeras and from the orders.

Also, the BEST episode so far in my honest opinion is the one were DB is rescued with the help of Tachyon and brother.

I think you cant just stop mentioning the characters, or ignoring them all together. People met them, interacted with them and somehow depend on them sometimes to save the day.

Personally, for me tachyon is as important as bree, daniel or jonas.

thats my 2 cent

www.youtube.com/user/rodrigogar

http://lonelygirl15.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=913&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=1110
Lurker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lola wrote:
This is the strangest approach to storytelling I've seen. How do you introduce the opposition and then just ask the audience to ignore that part later? How does anyone but a real fan follow all of this just watching the videos? It leaves the whole thing coasting on the likeability of the actors.

Maybe the best thing would be to have Bree wake up in her room. All this on the run stuff was just a dream, her father isn't dead, she's still got the ceremony looming and she can go back to the vlogging.

I don't really understand this at all.

This isn't something they wanted to do. It's the unfortunate result of internal matters between the creators of LG15 and the creator of Tachyon, OpAphid and Brother. I'm going to assume that, legally, the Creators have no claim to those characters, and that this is the only way things could have gone once behind-the-scenes relations nosedived.

You, of course, bring up several valid points, which many of us have also been thinking about. This has really messed with the narrative consistency (as Renegade said, retcons left and right), and it's probably going to be harder for the casual viewers (i.e. the people who aren't us and don't come to this forum) to follow what's what than ever before. At this point, though, most of that's downright unavoidable.

To the Creators: Can't say I'm happy with the outcome, but I imagine none of us are, least of all you. I suppose we could all prattle on about "would have"s, "should have"s and "could have"s, but at this point, it's more about "must"s.

In that very spirit, though, I'd advise against unnecessary retcons. If you've got to just stop mentioning something, just stop mentioning it. Don't try to explain it away in a fashion that just imposes a new inconsistency. We know why there's now a huge hole in the cast list, and there's really no in-story explanation that could handle it delicately or dignified enough. Really better to just let them fade away than to go for plotholes.

For instance, making the Watchers suddenly be against OpAphid? Not necessary. You could have still had the Watchers be under her and against someone else in the Order - with the faintest notion that OpAphid was still giving the Watchers their orders (they could have had an unseen, unnamed female leader; those of us who had followed that part of the storyline previously would have all known who it was supposed to be).

Another example: Bree no longer being able to get in contact with Tachyon. Rather than having her say she has no idea how to get in contact with her (despite having done so at her own convenience not very long ago), just something like "I haven't been able to reach Tachyon. She doesn't reply" would have been much better.

I won't go far into the notion that the Order or Hymn of One doesn't watch BD&J's videos, as that doesn't mesh for a number of obvious reasons, but you get the idea.

In any case, we all know this isn't what you wanted. We just hope for the best to be made of it. We all seemingly care enough to keep watching despite this.

ETA: Meant to thank you guys for informing us of all this. Even if we don't like it, it's good to know.

Last edited by Lurker on Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Marbella
Ambassador

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Nikki Bower's last video, she stated that "Tachyon and OpAphid were missing." This vid was listed in the LGpedia in what we tend to call the "canon" section on the right. Based on this, I assumed that these factions might return in some capacity in the future. Does your message really preclude that?

Also, there are lots of ARGs that are not canon: Facility J, Guillotine Calamity, Hymn of One and Anti-Hymn of One. We all thought "Hymn of One" was canon. They are "stand alones" separate from the series. You stated that there would not be any "stand alone" ARGs. I'm confused about whether any of the fanfic from these groups will be included or integrated within LG-15 on occasion, to encourage fan interaction.

Thanks.
*Daniel's Fan Club Founder
http://www.youtube.com/whitetigerdream
*My Books: http://www.laurapaxton.com/borderline.html
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Nostalgia Land All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: