Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Off Topic Chatter
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Maddison Atkins: Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
giddeanx
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you cut out my responce to her shaving her peg legs :p

Dont you mean plane them.

So really all in all we got crap out of her. We need to be better interrogators Smile

X
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I split this off from "Ask Maddison" to keep all the chat transcripts in one place since I suspect there will be many more.
surrealisticpill
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's fine, but it's not a chat transcript, it's edited specifically to just be a Q&A session with maddison, and she requested that i post it in her "ask maddison" thread so people would see it and not ask the same questions.

there won't be any chat transcripts posted, just questions and answers from maddison.

so maybe if you're going to leave this as a separate thread, could you make a note in the "ask maddison" thread for people to check this thread before they ask a question?

just trying to make things easier for maddy, she's been busy lately!
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You got it SP - DONE!
bethy
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apo...is that really necessary. I mean, it's like putting up a warning label on a stroller telling you to remove your child before folding it up.

It's a public chat room. One should never EVER expect privacy there. Anyone who does...well...

.....well..................

yeah.
ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bethy wrote:
Apo...is that really necessary. I mean, it's like putting up a warning label on a stroller telling you to remove your child before folding it up.

It's a public chat room. One should never EVER expect privacy there. Anyone who does...well...

.....well..................

yeah.

bethy,

I never suggested anything was neccessary. I stated a personal opinion, followed by a well-intentioned suggestion.

Please PM me with any other concerns you have regarding my suggestions.

Thank you.

Apo
kellylen
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we also all pretty much have consented to having logs posted here as well
kellylen
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alsooooooo

i cant get into chat Sad

the website i usually use isnt loading and the java applet doesnt work. :/
surrealisticpill
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bethy i think everyone knows your opinion of how you believe chat rooms are not private. i guess i am a moron for posting a warning. Rolling Eyes

can we please keep this thread on-topic? it's really only meant as an archive for those who miss maddison's chats or for those who don't or can't chat.
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please remain on-topic. I'll leave these posts for a bit so folks can be aware and then I'm going to remove them to keep this thread clean.
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread is simply a repository of posts that have been split off from their original topic within the Maddison Atkins section. I'm keeping them all together on the off chance one of 'em may hold some relevance in the future... hey, ya never know.
bethy
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

surrealisticpill wrote:
bethy i think everyone knows your opinion of how you believe chat rooms are not private. i guess i am a moron for posting a warning. Rolling Eyes

can we please keep this thread on-topic? it's really only meant as an archive for those who miss maddison's chats or for those who don't or can't chat.

You said it first, I suppose.

I just don't see the need for a big disclaimer in a public chat room telling everyone that what they say may be posted in the forums. The chat is an auxiliary to the forums here, so what happens there SHOULD be reported here. Not doing so is unfair to those who cannot access it.

As I said, it's like telling someone to take their baby out of the stroller before they fold it up. Duh. It's a publicaly accessible location, and you guys don't know who is lurking in there with unfamiliar names...keeping a running log of what's being said. Hell, even PMs are not private in IRC, no matter what you might think.
surrealisticpill
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bethy,

thanks so much for your appreciation for the hard work i've put into archiving the maddison chats. there are hours worth of chat for me to sift thru, copy and paste, all so people like you can read it and feel included.
i, for one, don't feel you have a *right* to it, but i post it here as a courtesy so that as many people as possible can enjoy the game. so umm thanks for insulting me. the disclaimer will remain as the chat greeting, but that shouldn't matter to you anyway, since you don't show up there.
bethy
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pill, I didn't insult you. If anything, you insulted me first by calling me a troll.

And way to be all martyr-passive aggressive-like with the "thanks for your appreciation" garbage. I never ONCE said I didn't appreciate it. In fact, I wholeheartedly SUPPORT posting chat archives, especially the parts that pertain to Maddison Atkins. I just think it's ridiculous that people need to be reminded that a public chat room is, in fact, public--as public and as accessible as the forums.

Don't get pissy with me because I don't kiss your ass and tell you "Good job! You're awesome!" every 15 minutes.

Quote:
that shouldn't matter to you anyway, since you don't show up there

You don't know that.
Esteed
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bethy wrote:
Pill, I didn't insult you. If anything, you insulted me first by calling me a troll.

And way to be all martyr-passive aggressive-like with the "thanks for your appreciation" garbage. I never ONCE said I didn't appreciate it. In fact, I wholeheartedly SUPPORT posting chat archives, especially the parts that pertain to Maddison Atkins. I just think it's ridiculous that people need to be reminded that a public chat room is, in fact, public--as public and as accessible as the forums.

Don't get pissy with me because I don't kiss your ass and tell you "Good job! You're awesome!" every 15 minutes.

Quote:
that shouldn't matter to you anyway, since you don't show up there

You don't know that.

Chill. Out.

A public chatroom is public. But don't you dare say that people don't have a right to ask for stuff to be edited out. People don't always think before speaking and likewise, people don't always think before typing.

You want chat transcripts posted when there's not really any progress or activity made? Fine. I can copy/paste from Trillian's autolog the entire chat. Then you can sift through the huuuuuge transcript for whatever it is you want. But expecting someone to spend hours and hours going through and editing transcripts because some of the people can't get on IRC is ridiculous. Boo-hoo. Some people have the money to buy a PS3. I want one. Does that mean someone should force the prices lower so I can buy one?

Don't get me wrong. I understand that it can feel kind of exclusionary when you can't get onto IRC. When I started playing ARGs I couldn't, and I felt the same. But thinking that there's any NEED for chat transcripts to be posted isn't right, either. If a game is taking place primarily in a chat, and you can't get onto a chat, then maybe that's just tough beans. I want to play Neverwinter Nights 2. Badly. But I don't have the money to upgrade my computer to be capable of running the thing, so I can't.

Sometimes, you just have to deal with it.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Maddison Atkins: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: