Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pigeons poop A LOT!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Maddison Atkins: Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bethy
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You all realize that if it's posted here, then it won't be difficult for Mr. Zipp to figure out?

After all, we know he has access to the forums...being that he set up Maddison's account for her.
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suspension of reality.

And there is no reason they can't wait a few days to post what they said. Hell, Deagol could even post it in the coded form and have us figure it out, so we get more practice in.

Edited: for Bethy

Last edited by Ziola on Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
QtheC
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Maddison,

Well, if you are going to encrypt the message, you might use the same password as a key that Mr. Zipp assumed you would use for all the accounts he set up for you. Then, presumably, only someone who already knows that password will be able to decrypt the message, and it won't fall into other hands.

Then in your message, you should include a 'secret word' that you want Mr. Zipp to use as the key to the NEXT message, or as part of the contents of the next message ... something to again be certain that the message is coming from the same source.

As for what to ask Mr. Zipp? How about ... "no more drops, just tell me what you want me to do or say and why it is important" (or something direct like that)... time appears to be short.

Oh, and maybe open a window after the pigeon leaves, because ewwwww.

Good luck!

Last edited by QtheC on Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Killthesmiley wrote:
loobylou wrote:
Ok guys....time out!
No worries guys...I'm done. I promised someone that I would play nicely and I will. I expect my mailbox to be filled with lots and lots of cookies and other baked treats for behaving and will PM my address to any who want to send me some Laughing
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what about biscotti?

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.
Bagged, tagged, sold to the butcher at the store.
bethy
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey! I'm trying to discuss the topic.

People complain about me repeating myself....but it's only because they don't pay attention. They just want to insult me instead. That's really mature.

Quote:
There's no suspension of reality when it comes to a character and his actions. Mr .Zipp set up an account for Maddison here. That means he's aware of the forums and the people that post here.

You can't suspend something that's already been brought into the story.

Again...why is there a need to encrypt a message to him? We have every reason to believe he has access to these forums, because he's already been here once. The fact that he's making drops seems to indicate he knows Maddy's getting the information, too. There's nothing to suspend.

If we send Mr. Zipp a message, I'd think this group could be more creative than sending another encrypted message back. There's a lot of talented people here.
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do believe that biscotti falls under the heading of other baked treats...but only if you hand deliver!!
blessedmercy1018
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bethy wrote:
Hey! I'm trying to discuss the topic.

People complain about me repeating myself....but it's only because they don't pay attention. They just want to insult me instead. That's really mature.

Quote:
There's no suspension of reality when it comes to a character and his actions. Mr .Zipp set up an account for Maddison here. That means he's aware of the forums and the people that post here.

You can't suspend something that's already been brought into the story.

Again...why is there a need to encrypt a message to him? We have every reason to believe he has access to these forums, because he's already been here once. The fact that he's making drops seems to indicate he knows Maddy's getting the information, too. There's nothing to suspend.

If we send Mr. Zipp a message, I'd think this group could be more creative than sending another encrypted message back. There's a lot of talented people here.
Just for saftey. Incase it is intercepted. Our two week time limit of being under the radar is running out.
kageyuki
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ziola wrote:
No worries guys...I'm done. I promised someone that I would play nicely and I will. I expect my mailbox to be filled with lots and lots of cookies and other baked treats for behaving and will PM my address to any who want to send me some Laughing

Heh... hey Ziola! Wink

Would ya take more than cookies?
Then again... does the interpretation of "baked treats" lie solely up to you or the sender? Wink Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
JenniPowell
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QtheC wrote:
Hey Maddison,

Well, if you are going to encrypt the message, you might use the same password as a key that Mr. Zipp assumed you would use for all the accounts he set up for you. Then, presumably, only someone who already knows that password will be able to decrypt the message, and it won't fall into other hands.

This is an excellent suggestion! It will make the decoding easier for Zipp. As much as we all would like to "play his game", I don't think we have as much time for it. And we know no one knows that password except Zipp and Maddison, should the message be intercepted. Or at least, I hope so...

QtheC wrote:
As for what to ask Mr. Zipp? How about ... "no more drops, just tell me what you want me to do or say and why it is important" (or something direct like that)... time appears to be short.

Awww...that's no fun.

I suggest we pick out a nice tune for Mr. Zipp, considering his obvious love of music. Perhaps the lyrics to a song which express our feelings about what we've gotten ourselves into. "Don't Stop Believin'" by Journey perhaps?

LonelyJew15: The Original "New Girl"
maddison
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The following is a messgae from deagol I received. It's his thoughts on the message I should send with the pigeon.

Deagol - What's this mean??

Maddison

I've made a small adjustment to that:

"Final check: Sketchy timbre needs clarity: not SM57/58. A4 tuned 15 Hz flat: feedback expected."

These videos are a good place to start.
http://one.revver.com/watch/232294/flv/affiliate/80876
http://one.revver.com/watch/232346/flv/affiliate/80876
JenniPowell
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's basically saying that we've got his messages but that we could use a little clarification (using the lingo you'd use when checking sound on a microphone).

LonelyJew15: The Original "New Girl"
deagol
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maddison wrote:
Deagol - What's this mean??

"Final check: Sketchy timbre needs clarity: not SM57/58. A4 tuned 15 Hz flat: feedback expected."

Ahh, I see where I should've posted it now, so much stuff going on here I get a bit lost.

So, kinda what Jenni said, I was going with the same "soundcheck" cover. But there's actually 2 specific questions:

timbre : "is the quality of a musical note or sound that distinguishes different types of sound production or musical instruments. The physical characteristics of sound that mediate the perception of timbre include spectrum and envelope. Timbre is also known in psychoacoustics as sound quality or sound color."

So, sketchy timbre = sketches, drawings, and coloring in the Dr. Seuss pages. It's asking Zipp if he can clarify those (clarity in a sound/musical context means to adjust the tone usually by boosting the high/trebble frecuencies). SM57/58 are probably the most often used single line of products in a concert gig arsenal. They're very rugged and versatile mics. The manufacturer is Shure. I was playing on the homonym with "sure" so It's just saying "not sure" about those drawings.

For the other part "A4 tuned 15 Hz flat" you can google A4 tune Hz and you'll learn what most musicians know about standard or concert pitch, the pitch or frecuency for A4 (the A above middle C) which is set at 440 Hz. Something that is "flat" (as opposed to "sharp") means it's slightly below the correct pitch, so A4 tuned 15 Hz flat means 440-15 = 425. So, it's asking for feedback on 425 (April 25). Feedback is that high-pitched peeeep you sometimes hear when the mics are too close to the speakers, so it's a soundcheck term as well in order to fool any sniffer out there.

Hope I explained it well. Do you think those are the most important questions we need answered (clarify the sketch drawings and info about April 25), and would Mr. Zipp be able to specifically understand them as I intended? I guess there's not much risk in asking more directly, after all asking those questions doesn't reveal much about anything.
maddison
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After reading deagol's post 45 times. I think this is a very clear set of thoughts to communicate to Mr. Zipp.

I'm waking Adam now so we can start making the note.

Maddison

These videos are a good place to start.
http://one.revver.com/watch/232294/flv/affiliate/80876
http://one.revver.com/watch/232346/flv/affiliate/80876
chershaytoute

Location: Oregon with an ocean view...across the neighbors' cow pasture, wow!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bethy, you've brought up a good point, and one that deserves an answer.

While in IRC yesterday, Maddison indicated that she feels that while Mr. Zipp is aware of the forums, she doesn't believe he reads them. It's felt that by encrypting the message the way we have (see deagol's interpretation), anyone intercepting it will have a problem with it, but Mr. Zipp will be able to figure it out...

WWggD - let's make the Breeniverse a better place to live...

Thanks to giddeanx for the coolest personal glue stick ever!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Maddison Atkins: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: