Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pigeons poop A LOT!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Maddison Atkins: Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Onewen
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deagol wrote:
maddison wrote:
Deagol - What's this mean??

"Final check: Sketchy timbre needs clarity: not SM57/58. A4 tuned 15 Hz flat: feedback expected."

Ahh, I see where I should've posted it now, so much stuff going on here I get a bit lost.

So, kinda what Jenni said, I was going with the same "soundcheck" cover. But there's actually 2 specific questions:

timbre : "is the quality of a musical note or sound that distinguishes different types of sound production or musical instruments. The physical characteristics of sound that mediate the perception of timbre include spectrum and envelope. Timbre is also known in psychoacoustics as sound quality or sound color."

So, sketchy timbre = sketches, drawings, and coloring in the Dr. Seuss pages. It's asking Zipp if he can clarify those (clarity in a sound/musical context means to adjust the tone usually by boosting the high/trebble frecuencies). SM57/58 are probably the most often used single line of products in a concert gig arsenal. They're very rugged and versatile mics. The manufacturer is Shure. I was playing on the homonym with "sure" so It's just saying "not sure" about those drawings.

For the other part "A4 tuned 15 Hz flat" you can google A4 tune Hz and you'll learn what most musicians know about standard or concert pitch, the pitch or frecuency for A4 (the A above middle C) which is set at 440 Hz. Something that is "flat" (as opposed to "sharp") means it's slightly below the correct pitch, so A4 tuned 15 Hz flat means 440-15 = 425. So, it's asking for feedback on 425 (April 25). Feedback is that high-pitched peeeep you sometimes hear when the mics are too close to the speakers, so it's a soundcheck term as well in order to fool any sniffer out there.

Hope I explained it well. Do you think those are the most important questions we need answered (clarify the sketch drawings and info about April 25), and would Mr. Zipp be able to specifically understand them as I intended? I guess there's not much risk in asking more directly, after all asking those questions doesn't reveal much about anything.

Shocked
deagol...will you be my friend?
deagol
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course Onewen! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Maddison Atkins: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: