Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

0176-"Intervention" [4/19/07]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mellie3204
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sappho wrote:
My son had to hit rock bottom. It was literally life or death. Some alcoholics with other illnesses keep drinking despite the terrible pain and early death. My son chose life. I couldn't choose for him. I couldn't lock him in his room and force him to be sober. When he left, and in the following years, I felt like the worst mother on earth. Now I feel that the values I tried to instill in him, of compassion, creativity, and reverence for life, remained, and triumphed. He's in nursing college now and getting straight As. I am very proud of him.

Many hugs for Sappho *HUGS*.
Hippie
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats to all the people who had/have problems and sorted them out, i understand this is a subject many out there deal with...

You know whats unique about some alcoholics? sometimes the people know they are one, and can quit drinking, but choose to keep doing it... I find it hard to believe some people can be in such denial sometimes... yes and I know some will say, well you say you can quit, blah, blah, if you can go weeks without a drink i think then its just left up to your own free will...

And this is why i dont want the creators to continue this path... its important stuff, yes, of course.... I just always found the low point in many tv series of the past to be when it was drug related, its the same old same old, nothing is ever new about the situations, its stereotypical... but if the drunk beast was in chat, then I think that my wish is not granted and they will keep going down this line *sigh*
silvermoon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more I think about this episode/story line, the more it seems like (insert slick announcer voice over here) "In a very special episode of Blossom"...

Every teen angst show has a storyline where some character is bordering on a horrible addiction to something -- alcohol, diet pills, etc.

I hope this is going to propel the story somehow so that it is not just a cautionary tale about drinking.

At the same time, if it does further the storyline, it will probably be damaging in some way to the Beast -- he will screw up and get someone captured or hurt -- and how will he ever forgive himself for that?
tailortaru
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

silvermoon wrote:
At the same time, if it does further the storyline, it will probably be damaging in some way to the Beast -- he will screw up and get someone captured or hurt -- and how will he ever forgive himself for that?

As long as the person he gets captured/hurt is one of the "new girls" ^.^ Then I think we can forgive.

Daniel: "Oops!"
Bree: "What?"
Daniel: "I got drunk and accidentally sent the address for callmejules24 to the order! Oops!"
Bree and Jonas: "That's our Danielbeast!"
*audience laugh track*
silvermoon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tailortaru wrote:
silvermoon wrote:

As long as the person he gets captured/hurt is one of the "new girls" ^.^ Then I think we can forgive.

Daniel: "I got drunk and accidentally sent the address for callmejules24 to the order! Oops!"
*audience laugh track*

LOL! Love your script!

We'll forgive him almost anything. But will he be able to forgive himself?
kellylen
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

silvermoon wrote:
tailortaru wrote:
silvermoon wrote:

*audience laugh track*

LOL! Love your script!

We'll forgive him almost anything. But will he be able to forgive himself?

hahaha that sounds like a quote out of threes company or something haha
Languorous Lass
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRYISME wrote:
The last thing you need to do is push push push. Because as it was brought up in this forum alcoholics are very quick to make it as if its just all in ur head and they don't have a problem. You only have a few options: (I learned this in AA)
-Leave him alone and let him hit the bottom. As hard as it sounds an addict can only get help if they want it.
-Try and get him to go to an AA meeting with you. Support him in it. The people at the meetings are really down to earth and really nice.
-Remember it is a disease. As much as he might want to put down the bottle he feels as if his body and soul need it.
-Don't take the excuses he will always make for it.

Cry, I'm in AA too, and I am completely in agreement with and in support of what you say except for one point: "Try and get him to go."

I'm also in Al-Anon, which is for families and friends of alcoholics. One of the primary principles that Al-Anon teaches is that you can't fix the alcoholic, or force him/her to do anything s/he's not ready to do.

So I would rephrase what you said to "Invite him to go to an AA meeting with you." If he says no, just let him know that the invitation will remain open. Then get yourself to an Al-Anon meeting, because you need as much help to deal with the alcoholic (whether he's drunk or sober) as the alcoholic needs to get sober himself.

Oh, and early Happy Birthday wishes. I can see how it's going to be tough to stay sober when there will probably be plenty of people who want to take you out for a celebratory drinking bout.

I'm not your sponsor, so I won't give you any advice -- I'll just send you hugs and say "Keep coming back -- it works." Smile
TOSG
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kageyuki wrote:
BTW binge drinking and abusing alcohol (like the way Daniel is) are two of the most popular ways to get caught up in alcoholism, so why hide that? Why not just call it alcoholism, from there? I'd be willing to bet that more people would take it more seriously, that way...

Well, because it isn't. It's like saying someone is addicted to cocaine because they've tried it once. Maybe it's a problem, but it obfuscates the true nature of the matter.
CRYISME
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Languorous Lass wrote:

Cry, I'm in AA too, and I am completely in agreement with and in support of what you say except for one point: "Try and get him to go."

I'm also in Al-Anon, which is for families and friends of alcoholics. One of the primary principles that Al-Anon teaches is that you can't fix the alcoholic, or force him/her to do anything s/he's not ready to do.

So I would rephrase what you said to "Invite him to go to an AA meeting with you." If he says no, just let him know that the invitation will remain open. Then get yourself to an Al-Anon meeting, because you need as much help to deal with the alcoholic (whether he's drunk or sober) as the alcoholic needs to get sober himself.

Oh, and early Happy Birthday wishes. I can see how it's going to be tough to stay sober when there will probably be plenty of people who want to take you out for a celebratory drinking bout.

I'm not your sponsor, so I won't give you any advice -- I'll just send you hugs and say "Keep coming back -- it works." Smile

Thats what I meant. I prased it the wrong way. Thanks for ccorrecting that. You can give me advice if u want to, it's nice to know I have the support. Thanks for the happy birthday!
Bree Shocked Daniel Jonas Sarah Taylor
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Sappho
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mellie3204 wrote:
Many hugs for Sappho *HUGS*.

*Hugs Mellie back*

And Happy Birthday Cryisme.
Aithne

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Birthday Cryisme
CRYISME
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Guys!!
Bree Shocked Daniel Jonas Sarah Taylor
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
alysaface
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this thread got hot and heavy, so here's to lightning it up!!

dudeeeeeeeeeeeeee lmfao @ "Dude... You were soooo much cooler before you got your little PHD in everyone elses problems."

That's so going in my siggy.

http://youtube.com/profile?user=alysaface

stalk me.

You were so much cooler before you got your little PHD in everyone elses problems.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MintyBeast
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alysaface wrote:
this thread got hot and heavy, so here's to lightning it up!!

dudeeeeeeeeeeeeee lmfao @ "Dude... You were soooo much cooler before you got your little PHD in everyone elses problems."

That's so going in my siggy.

I like Jonas's reply to that. Something like "oh yeah burn" It was all serious and that part always makes me bust up laughing. Laughing
&
Sarah Fan Club
alysaface
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good times =)

i had to rewind like 4x just to hear it again, and i was watching it on my brand new video ipod, so it was sorta tricky to rewind! lol

http://youtube.com/profile?user=alysaface

stalk me.

You were so much cooler before you got your little PHD in everyone elses problems.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The Videos All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: