Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

0176-"Intervention" [4/19/07]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kittenishtrance
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that's true. It hurts when you feel pushed aside, whether it's a romantic or BFF type relationship. Crying or Very sad
kageyuki
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TOSG wrote:
Daniel isn't yet an alcoholic. It requires years of fairly constant alcohol abuse to develop a physiological addiction to alcohol. He's merely abusing alcohol as a sort of psychological crutch. While still a really bad situation, pulling himself out of it would not require the same sort of life-changing and drastic measures that overcoming alcoholism does. He's just got to get his head straight (unfortunately, he'll probably have to stop drinking before doing so...vicious cycle).

I have to disagree with that... I understand what you mean, but if this way of thinking is continuously used as a basis between being and not being an alcoholic... my uncle could have just as conveniently used that as an... "excuse" to continue drinking when the rest of the family tried to urge him to go to AA. Of course it wouldn't have mattered since he got himself killed in a drunk driving accident.

Alcoholism is alcoholism whether it's just the onset of it, or binge drinking and abusing alcohol. Either way, a problem is still a problem. BTW binge drinking and abusing alcohol (like the way Daniel is) are two of the most popular ways to get caught up in alcoholism, so why hide that? Why not just call it alcoholism, from there? I'd be willing to bet that more people would take it more seriously, that way...

True, Daniel may just need to set himself straight, but to do so (like you said,) he has to lay off the bottle.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
longlostposter
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TOSG, wouldn't you agree that people handle extreme stress differently? Daniel was raised by alcoholic parents, and was basically left to raise himself. I think what kind of home life a person had has a lot to do with how they react to things. Look at Bree. She's incapable of expressing an honest emotion, because her mom admonished her every time she showed one. There are a lot of factors that play into a person's behavior in any given situation.
Shout outs to my beautiful daughter badkittyx1505, Aithne, and Lurker.
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daniel is in chat right now - he's drunk again!
longlostposter
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trainer101 wrote:
Trainer, can you get me in there? Every time I try to go in, it says I need to register, and I have already.
erolyn
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone else find it a little odd that Daniel and Bree are complaining about living in the warehouse, when 5-6 months ago they were living on the STREETS and eating out of DUMPSTERS?

Uh....reality check a little bit here, guys.
kwicherbichen
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have approached this a different way. I would have showed DB that I was concerned, not just barge in like that. I think people who abuse alcohol are sensitive and need someone who will listen to them and understand them. I don't think yelling and trying to rationalize with them off the bat is effective...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kwicherbichen
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

longlostposter wrote:
trainer101 wrote:
Trainer, can you get me in there? Every time I try to go in, it says I need to register, and I have already.

where is the chat??
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lurker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kwicherbichen wrote:
longlostposter wrote:
trainer101 wrote:

where is the chat??

Go to the main LG15.com page and you can access it from there (it's one of the options like "Forum"). You're supposed to be able to try getting in from the little navigation box here on the forum too, but it's glitchy for people, so try directly from the main page.
Sheqinah
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aithne wrote:
The addicts defense: Attack when confronted.

I will wade in with my opinion. I think this is a great video because it is getting people talking about addictions. As Aithne and others mention addicts do attack when confronted. They learn to become good liars too. Anything to protect and justify their need for whatever they are using.

If you ever been affected by addiction, this video will most likely not make you feel sorry for Daniel. You will not think that Bree giving him some attention is the magic pill to fix him. You will realize he needs some wake up call, and stop using to deal with his problems.

Three different people in that room. All going through very straining times and dealing with it in three different ways. Daniel needs to choose recovery not just for himself but his friends too.

An addiction never just effects one person.

Another daughter of an alcoholic
Another wife of an addict

A note to the creators; I would think it would be great to show how this is all really affecting Bree too. Realistically, IRL, she obviously is stuffing down her pain with the adrenaline of being on the run. NOw she wants to rush off and save the next lonely girl? And Jonas kinda got this fit out with the gun thing, plus he has had years of therapy to deal with loss already and has a high emotional IQ. It makes sense he be the one to call Daniel to court. A good call for that.

Just my two cents
longlostposter
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know why Daniel doesn't think he's good-looking. I think he's sexy as hell (but then you guys already knew that).

I can't get in chat because my email is already in use. Of course it's in use, it's my email. I complained about this four day ago, too.

&*$@!**^%$*&%*&*&
Hippie
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate being late on a thread, although i dont think most people read my comments anyway...

I am really not liking this, how many videos ago was jonas drunk, not just drunk, but plastered? now hes the boxer that runs in the morning again? that was left alone LONG AGO! So Jonas is high and mighty... AND THEN GETS SLAPPED DOWN by a drunk as hell Daniel... BRILLIANT!!

Daniel cut to the heart of Jonas and his weaknesses with some of those comments... but, please once again, i beg we not go here, if you want it to stop, dont make it a story focal point, youve left out alot before, thats a step compared to jumps that LG made...

PS- with that comment daniel is insecure in his looks, he must read the youtube threads too much!! Laughing
longlostposter
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hippie wrote:
PS- with that comment daniel is insecure in his looks, he must read the youtube threads too much!! Laughing
Yeah, Hippie. The people on You Tube are still pissed that Bree turned out to be fake, and they were fooled. Yet, even so, they complain that the acting isn't good...lol.

Oh, and I read your posts.

Last edited by longlostposter on Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
exanimatebylove
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel bad...kinda.

I mean, yeah, it sucks dealing with feelings for someone who doesn't like you back the same. Then on top of that feeling like they like your friend. It's sad. But, I haven't had this happen since I was in High School and to be honest if it did happen now even if it was my best guy friend I think I'd just be like well screw you then kinda attitude like, you don't want me then why should I even care about you in that way. And honestly, if it's not there for her and she doesn't feel it with him...why would he wanna do that? I mean, feelings are feelings but I would never let myself feel that way about someone who had no feelings like that for me. I would want someone who loved me the same way I loved them.

Either way, resorting to drinking isn't okay. It's a serious problem and someone needs to get him some help. Sadly, that's one of those things you just have to realize on your own.

Confused

Get lost within the things that make you happy, and you will never be alone...
kwicherbichen
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

longlostposter wrote:
Hippie wrote:
Yeah, Hippie. The people on You Tube are still pissed that Bree turned out to be fake, and they were fooled. Yet, even so, they complain that the acting isn't good...lol.

Oh, and I read your posts.

I'm sorry, but the first few months of the series, I thought DB was butt fugly.

But he is getting hotter now that he is older or I am getting used to him.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The Videos All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: