Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Alondra - "A Video About Myself" [22/4/07]
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chershaytoute

Location: Oregon with an ocean view...across the neighbors' cow pasture, wow!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, this is a great twist...what a grand final line, too... I mean, you can j-o-i-n this Hymn of One...right? Kind of a wink-wink-nudge-nudge thing! Superb! Attitude with attitude!

WWggD - let's make the Breeniverse a better place to live...

Thanks to giddeanx for the coolest personal glue stick ever!
Chelseyrl
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was horrible. Waaaaaaaaaay too much over-acting. Mad

You just had a Kyle moment.
d'oh!
kageyuki
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kinda felt that miss "Jennifer Alondra"s"acting" was a little over the top, as well... (if it was even acting at all...) I guess her attitude would fit in with The Order quite well, but then again, what would I really know about The Order?

I mean, it's one thing to have pride in yourself, but she's something else. If it weren't for the fact that she knows her lyric writing sucks. Though, I have no idea where she got the notion that if she did the ceremony that she would get help from The Order or the HoO with her "career"?? That she would suddenly get help from somewhere, and ultimately that such would miraculously deem her... "famous"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Lurker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Susan wrote:
If she's trying to get into the ceremony, what would be the purpose of BDJ helping her? It doesn't make sense.

I think an idea like that could be interesting: The three of them trying to save someone who didn't wish to be saved.

And in any case, if there is a new girl, she shouldn't be a copy of Bree. Since Bree's all about not doing the ceremony ... to be different, they might have to be less opposed to it, if not even enthusiastic about it.

kageyuki wrote:
Though, I have no idea where she got the notion that if she did the ceremony that she would get help from The Order or the HoO with her "career"?? That she would suddenly get help from somewhere, and ultimately that such would miraculously deem her... "famous"

She probably got the idea from the Order hooking Alex up with a fashion job. It probably made her think that Finn (the musician at the party in the "Uncle Dan" videos) got help from them too.
Libra
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Alondra. Growing up I had a friend who wanted to be a singer and she acted "over the top" too in order to get people to constantly pay attention to her.

I think this character story is interesting because it involves a girl NOT in the Hymn of One. Can't wait for more!
kageyuki
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lurker wrote:
She probably got the idea from the Order hooking Alex up with a fashion job. It probably made her think that Finn (the musician at the party in the "Uncle Dan" videos) got help from them too.

You're most probably right, but in the video "Alex is..." didn't Alex say that she wanted to be a photographer, not a fashion designer? Or has that been debunked as another "Order-placed" lie? I wouldn't really see that as the Order "helping" one with their preferred career but them telling one what career they will have... or else.

That being the case, it could be questionable whether the Order would help miss Alondra become a famous musician.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Chelseyrl
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alondra makes me

You just had a Kyle moment.
d'oh!
limegreencrayon
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lurker wrote:
I liked this one a lot. She's not a bad actor, and she's different from the others - she knows about the Hymn of One and she's willing. Perhaps even eager. That would be a nice change of pace.

How would Bree save a girl who doesn't want her help? This is exactly the kind of thing I was suggesting about a week ago. The series doesn't need Bree 2.0 - she should be a foil that's more of an opposite.

I really like the idea of Bree having some kind of foil. it would really add to the story if they had to convince a girl to change. or if they were even able to start to see things from another point of view to really see what the order is all about. We got a little bit of that from Alex, but not a lot because they didn't trust her. i just think it would be a fascinating change. also that would work with Bree's "Blog Girl" video.
Isabella
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no...just no. Neutral
mousegirl
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She is alright
Her acting is a bit to much for me to handle
Like she is trying to hard.
The idea is great.
Having a girl wanting to do the cermony, and BDJ saving her, I think that would work out greatly.
It would be harder to save her, and therefore, more videos
If she was willing to giv it up so easily, then that it would be Bree all over again.
I don't know if she can be canon though, sorry
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The New Girl All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: