Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Words of Wisdom and Thanks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Maddison Atkins: Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheeBerean
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 9:25 pm    Post subject: Words of Wisdom and Thanks Reply with quote

I had the privelige to be one of the few people able to stay til the end of the final Jeromy chat. It ended about 11:03 EST. I do want to say a special thanks to Jeromy, Vicki, Faye, Jason Z, Jason M, Whiskey and HTMLvis... and all of the drop volunteers (like ZakeOx & Jess). The last week has been awesome. I am honored to have been able to participate in Maddison Atkins and the fellowship with Jeromy and Co. that followed.

Here are a few things that I gleaned from the chat as far as "where to go from here" that I thought should be shared with everyone. Jeromy reiterated not to ask what but (as Marla chimed in) "Who, Where, Why?". He added though, to not worry about specifics yet... just generalize at first. He mentioned that "VERY" few have speculated in the right direction yet. He said, generalize first, specifics will follow... when we finally get the answer we will simply know and it will "click" in hindsight.

He did say that while we were resourceful, one of our stumbling blocks was a lack of specific leadership. It was suggested by Immortal1 that this was in part due to many of us (myself included!!) were new to ARG's and not heavily experienced. Jeromy noted that had the group been able to really "hunker down" and concentrate more on solving the drop puzzles that a "very different" ending for MA was prepared.

In closing, I asked him in his opinion, what puzzle would be best for us as a group to concentrate on first in order to restart the ARG. After thinking, his response was that he thought concentrating on the "second letter from Zipp" (later clarified to be the one left on the door knob) might bring us the most headway, but that he couldn't be sure. After that, he felt he may have said too much and apologized. Though honestly, I appreciate his opinion. I feel like it gives us a direction and purpose to refocus our efforts.

It was also asked why he decided to step out from behind the curtain... he replied that he thought he had to; that "the attachment for Maddison was just too great". He felt it was the right thing to do and he did it. I, personally, am very appreciative of his time and concern in doing this. Jeromy is a a very authentic and genuine person. (Vicki rocks too!)

I feel like this experience--both in and out of game--has been enriching.

I also would like to mention that "DoktorBob" is leaving Saturday to go to Iraq for a 6 month tour of duty with the Air Force. I (as I am sure many of you as well) would like to personally thank him for his service on my behalf as an American. My prayers go with you and your brothers (and sisters) in arms.

Guys, its been an awesome pleasure interacting with ya'll on the MA Forum. I hope more good times are to come.

Godspeed & In Sincerity,

~Dave (aka TheeBerean)

**PLEASE NOTE: The above is my summary of the chat. I in no way want it to be taken as trying to speak for Jeromy; this is simply what impacted me the most from the chat.

Last edited by TheeBerean on Thu May 10, 2007 12:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What some of us suspected was confirmed. Idle chatter is what led Maddy and Adam into the hands of the assassin.

Before Chapter 2 begins it would behoove us to tackle the puzzles one more time - especially Mr. Zipp's second letter - and make sure we take a more organized and focused approach to any upcoming puzzles if/when the game continues.

Godspeed DoktorBob!
kellylen
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Trainer

and Jeromy I want to thank you so much for the past few weeks and this past week having the experience of speaking to you. <3

See you in part 2 Smile
DoktorBob
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks go to Jeromy and gang for this excellent ARG and chat.
I just wish I got more involved and had more intelligent things to say in both the Maddy and LG15 forums. Part of the fun in both series was seeing the community from all parts of the world interact and react to some good storytelling. Hope to see you all crack down on the puzzles that lead to Mr. Zipp and why he choose Maddy on this adventure. Can't wait to see it. And thanks... wish you all well wherever your endeavors take you.

Who watches the watchers?
Luminous
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeromy, I didn't participate in the ARG, or attend any of your chats, but I lurk in #Maddison frequently, and I have watched all the videos, including the ones you and the players made following your appearance from behind the curtain.

I just want to congratulate you and say, great job! The way you have handled the end of this chapter of the game, and the player response to the demise of Adam and Maddy is totally class. The highlight for me I think was Deagols question and your response - awesome.

I congratulate you on how well you did on integrating parts of the LG15 community who had never interacted collaboratively. I look forward to seeing what you come up with next.
DoktorBob
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, not sure if someone has it/posted it but I have a copy of the chat history. Since I don't know how to edit this site, anyone want a copy and link an entry to the chat? Or is there a space where I could paste it?

Who watches the watchers?
PhiaMonster
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the the note on the doornob was the third note
sparkybennett
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I am more of a lurker than participant in the MA world, I can't tell you how much I enjoyed this story.
And I continue to be impressed by Jeromy's handling of the game.
I wish part one could have continued!

Just wanted to chime in with more gratitude to all involved in this story. Well done!

And best wishes to DoktorBob, thanks to you for serving our country.
Esteed
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was kind of afraid that it was the idle chatter that caused the particular end we got. That said, the puzzles are still there and were still given for a reason. I definitely want to try and solve them.

DoktorBob, take care of yourself over there.
TheeBerean
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhiaMonster wrote:
I thought the the note on the doornob was the third note

You are absolutely right. That video is called "3rd note, no pigeon". In the chat, Jeromy said "second letter" (exact words). When prompted to remind us which one that way he said "the one on the door knob". So that answer conflicts... I would assume he meant the one on the door knob since he specifically mentioned that part. Perhaps he misspoke what order it came in or was not counting the first note that said for her to log in to those accounts (the two bags one).

Comparing the actual second note to the 3rd note/door knob note will probably make it self evident which he meant. I need to go looks those up...

~tb
junkforfashion
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Dave (aka TheeBerean) for all the really nice things you've said.

Very Happy
marlasinger
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i've learned my lesson. I always wanted to just tell Maddison to get as many people as she possibly could over to her place on the night of the 25th - that way anything suspicious that happened would be witnessed by TONS of people and her murder would be highly unlikely.

but i didn't say it enough, because i was worried about her...and...i don't know.

I feel like I couldn't save her, ugh, I need to disassociate from these games, I get too wrapped up in them.

on edit: thank you Jeromy, for coming out from behind the curtain. If not for you doing that, I would have been so discouraged from playing args.

I was on the phone with my partner when Maddison died. And he was chatting to me, on and on, about something, I don't even remember (very unlike me) and the video was playing on my computer. After me being silent for a while (very unlike me again, hah!) he goes "uh, maya, what's up?" And I just say "Maddison is dead."

He doesn't play args and he most definitely finds it funny that even I play them. But he heard it in my voice. I know for certain that it would have been disastrous for me if you hadn't come out and given us some form of information regarding the arg.

Thank you so much. You're doing this the right way - not that there's a wrong way...there's just a more efficient way, a way that shows players gratitude in the face of "failure" on our part to play to the fullest.

In the end though, I'll say I managed to balance Maddison with my exams fairly well - still all As. Wink

Love always

Marla

The Bree Solution.
http://one.revver.com/watch/330795

"Also... im in ur canons... supporting all ur marlas."
-AutoPilate
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SARAHPHOBIA88
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm horrible with ARGs, but I loved everything about this. The vids, the puzzles, the drops, the community working together. it was awesome. Smile
I've said before, I'll say it again...WOW!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Maddison Atkins: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: