Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[PUZZLE] Dr. Seuss Pages
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Maddison Atkins: Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
giddeanx
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 1:21 pm    Post subject: [PUZZLE] Dr. Seuss Pages Reply with quote

I am putting all of this information in one place.

All three of the scanned pages share a few things in common. A binary code, a tabulature code, and doodles or pictograms. All pages are from Dr. Seuss's Oh, Say Can You Say? A book of tounge twisters for children published on October 12, 1979. All doodles take place on the right page, however there is one exception.

Dr. Seuss Page 1:

The binary on this page is faded and unable to be decoded.

The tabulature reads:
"Is this thing on check one" - a possible reference to a microphone

Two pictograms appear:

One a speeding (cartoonish motion lines indicate this) suv with cartoonishly enlarged rear tires.

The second a stick figure with a head, a body, no arms, two legs, and a right foot.

The first true tounge twister in the book. The second poem.
Twister:
Fresh Fresher Freshest
Do you like fresh fish?
It’s just fine at Finney’s Diner.
Finney also has some fresher fish
that’s fresher and much finer.
But his best fish is his freshest fish
and Finney says with pride,
“The finest fish at Finney’s
is my freshest fish, French-fried!”

SO…
don't order the fresh
or the fresher fish.
At Finney’s if you’re wise,
you'll say,
“Fetch me the finest
French-fried freshest
fish that Finney fries!”

Dr. Suess Page 2:

The binary on this page is faded and unable to be decoded.

The tabulature reads:
"good check fill the house" - another reference to a sound check with a command to fill the audience.

Four pictograms appear:

A face with three eyes. One on the left and two on the right. The two on the right are circled indicating "the right pair of eyes". This is the only pictogram on the left page. After the face is a squiggle and an exclamation point. For some reason this made me think of the hurrys.

A fish. Blue with a black top hat.

A red rock and a black rock. These were not drawn yet colored from the original art.

A girl with a fishing rod. Standing on a small rock is a girl with red hair and a large rod. I have noticed the simple shapes of the girl forming letters. such as a n and a d the ~ and < also appear in her shape. ~ being arms and < being legs. (Curiously look like the symbols used in forums)

The 13th or 14th twister in the book.
Twister:
West Beast East Beast
Upon an island hard to reach,
The East Beast sits upon his beach.
Upon the west beach sits the West Beast.
Each beach beast thinks he’s the best beast.
Which beast is best?…Well, I thought at first
That the East was best and the West was worst.
Then I looked again from the west to the east
And I liked the beast on the east beach least.

Dr. Seuss Page 3:

The binary on this page reads:
"empty box seats" - possibly a reference to important people that needed to hear Zipp's message.

The tabulature reads:
"NO AUDIENCE NO CURTAIN CALL" - indicating if no one hears Zipp's message no one gets to take a bow.

Two pictograms appear:

A tree and a house. The tree has a type of red fruit(probably apples) four on the tree and one on the ground next to the tree. It is nestled beside a 2 story house. The door is unfinished and there are two windows on the front of the house and 4 on the side. There is a little black shadow on the bottom right(our left) of the house next to a squiggle symbol like the one that appeared after the three eyed face on the second page.

A happy/crazy smiling face.

The last twister in the book
Twister:
“The storm starts
when the drops start dropping.
When the drops stop dropping
then the storm starts stopping.”

Aside:
There is currently debate about the importance of the doodles. I have included them here with description because they were included with the drops. They should be considered with everything else just due to that. Why would they be included if they were to not help us solve the puzzle.

X
TheeBerean
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kittenishtrance
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember the second drop was picked up a day late? The stuff picked up by those 2 people who went to get it had I think March 25th on the poster that was on The Hurricane window, and it was actually retrieved on March 26th? Maybe that's what "No audience no curtain call" was referring to in the 3rd drop. Or am I remembering wrong? I'm not too sure about the actual dates, but I remember it was a day after the date that was printed on the poster that they retrieved. So maybe Zipp was saying that there wasn't an audience on the night of whatever date was posted, and no curtain call might mean something in regards to that. I'm not sure, and just taking a wild guess.
sparkybennett
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The squiggle under the face with the circled eyes looks like an "M" to me, as in Maddy!
As if to say Maddy is the person with the right set of eyes .

For some reason I keep thinking Mr Zipp had his biological child taken from him because she was a possible ceremony girl.
The jeep is the order driving off with his child, He is the stick figure , armless to signify that he was helpless to stop them.

Not quite sure where I am going with this, just some random thoughts...
lg15panda
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparkybennett wrote:
The squiggle under the face with the circled eyes looks like an "M" to me, as in Maddy!
As if to say Maddy is the person with the right set of eyes .

It looks as though that "M" squiggle appears in the 3rd drop page, too -- it's on the corner of the house, between the green shadow and the tree.

The page from the 1st drop is really too hard to make out (can we get a better scan of this one), but there might be an "M" squiggle in the driver's seat of the jeep?
Haether
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first drop page...it looks like the car has one working headlight. Also, the person doesn't appear to have arms, and the right foot is "sticking out"

I have no idea what it could signify, but I have a Wallflowers song in my head now.

it is spelled DEFINITELY
learn it, live it, love it.
TheeBerean
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haether wrote:
The first drop page...it looks like the car has one working headlight. Also, the person doesn't appear to have arms, and the right foot is "sticking out"

I have no idea what it could signify, but I have a Wallflowers song in my head now.

Indeed... only the car's right (our left) healdight is working while the man only has one right (our left) foot.
LesterG
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haether wrote:

lol yea, I got that same song stuck in my head after seeing the pic too
HoOBS
Haku, Seraph Monk "upgrades"
TheeBerean
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QUESTION: We have these nice scans here... but who actually has the original/physical drops themselves?

~tb
Lurker

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparkybennett wrote:
For some reason I keep thinking Mr Zipp had his biological child taken from him because she was a possible ceremony girl.
The jeep is the order driving off with his child, He is the stick figure , armless to signify that he was helpless to stop them.

If the images were supposed to represent things like that, then the one with the fish kind of makes me think of this:

http://lonelygirl15.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10161&start=9
sparkybennett
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lurker wrote:
sparkybennett wrote:

If the images were supposed to represent things like that, then the one with the fish kind of makes me think of this:

you mean flesh eating? LOL
TheeBerean
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lurker wrote:
sparkybennett wrote:

Lurker... what the heck does that have to do with a cute little fish wearing a top hat???
Lurker

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, probably nothing. I was just saying if it was actually supposed to be references to the ceremony, it made me think of that. Sorry, I've got nothing to go on. I'm never been any good at these puzzles. Good luck to the rest of you, though.
TheeBerean
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lurker wrote:
Eh, probably nothing. I was just saying if it was actually supposed to be references to the ceremony, it made me think of that. Sorry, I've got nothing to go on. I'm never been any good at these puzzles. Good luck to the rest of you, though.

okay gotcha... wasn't a dig... just wondering if you had linked the wrong thread... well it must have triggered a memory for some reason... what about the fish picture reminded you of the topic?

~tb
Lurker

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The flesh eating ritual that sack36 mentioned (which I think is a great theory) is what came to mind. But unless Jeromy already came to that conclusion on his own a month ago it's probably nothing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Maddison Atkins: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: