Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Flowersonmyhat is the new girl!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vegetarian_ham
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:42 pm    Post subject: Flowersonmyhat is the new girl! Reply with quote

Either that or she's throwing me off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Pa-3kVCZw
kittenishtrance
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I really like her!
Susan
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely a contender! I'll put her in the poll.
Pallidity
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm. She's very likable. Seems like she might be less likely to be picked seeing as she is likable, though.
cskirball
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I watched all of her videos. First off to me shes too breeish so it would in turn be just a second bree not a new charicter.

In the first one she flashed somthing about a school motto that said "diligo est lex, diligo sub mos" . I tried doing a little research in to this and all I came up with was more latin jibberish. Does any one know what this means? oh and in my research i got directed to a few site that referenced this Alister Crowley but they were all in latin too. So I'm lost.

CHARLES OR CHARLIE
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Lurker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked this one a lot. A whole lot, actually. Good actor, and she's comfortable in front of the camera. Didn't really seem like she was acting. It was quite natural.

I'd totally be cool with her being the New Girl. She's got similarities to Bree, but she still seems like a very different person.

One thing I will say, though, is this: What's with all these girls having fucked up bitches for mothers? "You can't go out with boys because it violates our beliefs"? What does that make her? Jesus.
Susan
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cskirball wrote:
In the first one she flashed somthing about a school motto that said "diligo est lex, diligo sub mos" . I tried doing a little research in to this and all I came up with was more latin jibberish. Does any one know what this means? oh and in my research i got directed to a few site that referenced this Alister Crowley but they were all in latin too. So I'm lost.
OK, I'm going off my mass latin and my knowledge of the romance languages. I'm coming up with "Love is rare , Hold your morals dear." ...maybe...?
chershaytoute

Location: Oregon with an ocean view...across the neighbors' cow pasture, wow!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here're links to the rest of her videos:

School

Re: The YoungTubers Earthday 2007

*sigh* a pretty computer geek...

WWggD - let's make the Breeniverse a better place to live...

Thanks to giddeanx for the coolest personal glue stick ever!
vegetarian_ham
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
In the first one she flashed somthing about a school motto that said "diligo est lex, diligo sub mos" . I tried doing a little research in to this and all I came up with was more latin jibberish. Does any one know what this means? oh and in my research i got directed to a few site that referenced this Alister Crowley but they were all in latin too. So I'm lost

I got something like 'value highly the law, value highly under will', but that's from an online translator. It's never good to place faith on those pieces of junk! I will ask my friend tonight - he actually speaks Latin.
onsweetavenue
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like her.
Aponi
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vegetarian_ham wrote:
Quote:
In the first one she flashed somthing about a school motto that said "diligo est lex, diligo sub mos" . I tried doing a little research in to this and all I came up with was more latin jibberish. Does any one know what this means? oh and in my research i got directed to a few site that referenced this Alister Crowley but they were all in latin too. So I'm lost

I got something like 'value highly the law, value highly under will', but that's from an online translator. It's never good to place faith on those pieces of junk! I will ask my friend tonight - he actually speaks Latin.

It's hard to say what it is, because in Latin, there are marks over some (usually only) vowels called macrons, much like the spanish mark over the n. It changes the pronuncation, and in some cases, the word meaning. For example, hic means 'this', but the same word with a macron over the i means 'here'. I'm no genius in latin, but I do have my textbook from class, and about 2 semesters of knowledge.
What I got from this (I love is law, I love under custom) doesn't really make any sense. So, my advice, someone ask her what it means, cause I got nothing :-p
Susan
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aponi wrote:
vegetarian_ham wrote:
Quote:

It's hard to say what it is, because in Latin, there are marks over some (usually only) vowels called macrons, much like the spanish mark over the n. It changes the pronuncation, and in some cases, the word meaning. For example, hic means 'this', but the same word with a macron over the i means 'here'. I'm no genius in latin, but I do have my textbook from class, and about 2 semesters of knowledge.
What I got from this (I love is law, I love under custom) doesn't really make any sense. So, my advice, someone ask her what it means, cause I got nothing :-p
Also, we don't know if this is Latin or Latin Vulgate. If it's the vulgate, we have a problem with clouded meaning. It only has 500 words in it's vocabulary. That leads to huge confusion out of context.

My take is "Love is rare , Hold your morals dear."
cskirball
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow I really didnt know it was all that complicated, or i wouldnt have asked. I do thank all of you for trying to hlp me figure out what it means though.

CHARLES OR CHARLIE
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Aithne

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooooooo. I really, really like her. I would love for her to be part of the series.
Kanazaka
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lurker wrote:
I liked this one a lot. A whole lot, actually. Good actor, and she's comfortable in front of the camera. Didn't really seem like she was acting. It was quite natural.

I'd totally be cool with her being the New Girl. She's got similarities to Bree, but she still seems like a very different person.

One thing I will say, though, is this: What's with all these girls having fucked up bitches for mothers? "You can't go out with boys because it violates our beliefs"? What does that make her? Jesus.

I was thinking about this quote while I was watching the most recent "flowersonmyhat" video, and I agree that many of these Hymn of One mothers seem fanatically Puritan. And I can see the similarities to the Bree storyline, but I think this girl is different enough that she can distinguish herself as a new and different character if she were to become canon. For example, she was enthusiastic about going to the banquet with Jake because she's attracted to him. Bree hasn't confessed an infatuation toward any boy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The New Girl All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: