Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mr. Zipp's identity - might have to help me on this one.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Maddison Atkins: Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marlasinger wrote:
I truly think that it would have worked out perfectly - if the creators had agreed to it.

they haven't. and jeromy prepared for that. so the option of him being jonas's dad is discounted, but the alternate option of him being someone else is pretty much confirmed.

I can't say that I interpreted Jeromy's musings in the same way. There is no direct tie to LG15, true. Yet, I'm not so sure that means that any 'crossover character' (for lack of a better phrase) like Jonas' dad, is completely off the table.
Emsmu
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant say he's off the tables trainer. If Zipp turns out to be Jonas's dad and then another Jonas's dad pops up in the breeniverse, there will be some confusion.

Tag, your it.
JustAnotherLonelyGirl.
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is still entirely possible that Bree is an Order Baby. I agree with trainer in that when Jeromy said his story wouldn't directly tie to LG15, he meant that it wouldn't DEPEND on the story of LG15. His video "The Cassie Curse" pretty much explains this. The Creators encourage fanfiction and Jeromy could still very well use a storyline inspired by LG15, thus making an ARG about another girl who is an "Order baby."
marlasinger
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

by bree you mean maddison?

The Bree Solution.
http://one.revver.com/watch/330795

"Also... im in ur canons... supporting all ur marlas."
-AutoPilate
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JustAnotherLonelyGirl.
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh god, yes I'm sry.
TOSG
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking about this stuff during a long drive home today.

Here are my conclusions - forgive me if they're redundant (I haven't read ALL of the recent IG threads) or incoherent (I was - and still am - very tired, and rather hyped up on modafinil, BDJ kidnapper-style).

I think that Mr. Zipp has to be someone close to Maddison, NOT ONLY in relationship, but also proximity. Of course, as we all know, he knew her computer passwords, which were very personal to her. So, he must know her fairly well.

But also, I think that it's evident that they're geographically close. Someone mentioned that homing pigeons (like the ones that delivered Maddison her messages) work by being delivered to a location, then flying home. From Wikipedia: "People often labor under the misapprehension that the pigeons know where to deliver the mail. The fact is that they can only go back to one "mentally marked" point that they have identified as their home." A thread was posted about this, and Jeromy even remarked that this would be a good subject for IG speculation. Thus, Zipp would have to be fairly close to drop off the pigeon(s) for them to find. Or, alternatively, their home IS that of Maddison. Moreover, the third note was simply left on her door - someone had to drop it off. If Mr. Zipp wasn't in Nac, TX, at the very least, one of his associates had to have been.

So, who could he be?

I don't really know. I had a thought that it could be Maddison's father. That would explain both the relational and physical proximity, and would provide a neat twist about saving "his only child." However, it begs the question of why he wouldn't simply warn and explain this to Maddison directly. Do we know anything about Maddison's immediate family? Someone else had a thought that Mr. Zipp is Maddison herself. That might be a bit "out there," but given additional information, it could explain some things. Another possibility is that Mr. Zipp is Adam's father.

Another thought:

If you agree with me that Mr. Zipp was probably located in the same city as Maddison (which I'm not even going to attempt to spell), then it begs the question of who was planting the drops. I had an idea about this, although it's kind of out there: given the musical focus of the game (and indeed, I believe that at least two of the three drops occurred at concert venues), could it be possible that a touring band has been planting the drops (IG, of course, not OOG)? Like I said, maybe farfetched. But has anyone checked to see if a band has played in each of the three drop cities around the dates on which the drops occurred?

Anyway, I hope that this is coherent and insightful. Heck, I'd settle for one out of the two. But I'm going to go get some much needed sleep right now.
lg15panda
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree whole-heartedly, TOSG -- Zipp was someone that was close to Madison and possibly stalking her (or, in my theory, WAS her, but I've already mentioned that, so I won't discuss it again unless I've got something new).

Towards the end I think even Maddison was acknowledging this fact. I found the chat archive thread (can someone please sticky this again? It got buried, and I think it should be relevant to all current IG discussions), where she states:

Quote:
[15:54] <Sami^> Maddison, have do you think Zipp knew your password? What if he's someone you know!?
[15:54] <maddison> Adam said he'd come
[15:54] <maddison> It may be somebody I know
[15:54] <maddison> How could I know that though
[15:55] <marlasinger> then he's gotta be able to reach you by foot
[15:55] <edgyprophet> you could put a cam outside you door Smile
[15:55] <maddison> I thought of that-
[15:55] <maddison> I'll set it up tonight
[15:55] <marlasinger> Good job Maddison.
[15:55] <maddison> Adam and I have been re-recording over the same hadful of tapes
[15:57] <maddison> All of the pigeons had to be planted
[15:57] <edgyprophet> or trained
[15:57] <maddison> both of them I mean
[15:57] <edgyprophet> to know your home
[15:57] <marlasinger> Right, it only makes sense. Planting a pigeon would be making it look like you're far away
[15:58] <edgyprophet> maddison did you see that thing about jules having pigeons
[15:58] <maddison> At first, I didn't know how homing pigeons worked
[15:58] <maddison> Yeah - I saw that
[15:58] <maddison> I don't know her

Your other ideas are interesting too:
TOSG wrote:
Do we know anything about Maddison's immediate family?

This was also answered in one of the earlier chats:
Quote:
[14:29] Deja: Maddison, are you close with your parents?
[14:30] maddison: I'm fine with my parents
[14:30] maddison: They live outside of Houston
[14:30] maddison: in Spring

[14:30] surrealisticpill: are your parents religious?
[14:30] maddison: not really

[14:30] surrealisticpill: maddison, are you one of these 'new girls' that bree was talking about in her video?
[14:31] maddison: I don't know any foreighn languages accept for the Spanish I learned in high school

[14:31] Deja: What do they [your parents] do for a living?
[14:31] maddison: My dad works for Cameron Oil
[14:31] maddison: North Houston
[14:32] maddison: My mom is a Priestess for the Order!!!
[14:32] maddison: just kidding - My mom is a secretary for a law firm downtown

[14:33] Kellylen: maddy were you adopted?
[14:33] maddison: no
[14:33] maddison: I mean I don't think so

[14:33] surrealisticpill: were you born vaginally?
[14:33] maddison: maybe Pill - don't remember

And to comment on the idea of the culprit(s) behind the drops (because obviously Zipp isn't doing it by himself), I think that your idea is a good one that I'll be looking into. The problem is, that now that it is a couple of weeks after everything happened, it will be VERY difficult to determine if there were any legit bands that have played in the 4/10-4/25 timeframe. I've got a feeling that MySpace might help, but I hate MySpace a lot so it might take me a while to research this. Smile

Good ideas, though!
ignatzmouse
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emily, Emily Emily...

The jealous girlfriend, gets it into her head that Adam and Maddison are having an affair, decides on revenge. Oh, and she's a good friend of warpylol too, er and someone who races pigeons.
sparkybennett
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Mr Zipp is/was a musician, (forgive me if someone already noted this)
Did Maddy mention any musicians other than the one she had a crush on?
Anything like that?
Esteed
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...That would've been a really good question to ask her, actually.
JustAnotherLonelyGirl.
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can never be 100% certain who your biological father is... Wink
TOSG
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustAnotherLonelyGirl. wrote:
You can never be 100% certain who your biological father is... Wink

Maury Povich begs to differ!
nowherepixie
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ignatzmouse wrote:
Emily, Emily Emily...

The jealous girlfriend, gets it into her head that Adam and Maddison are having an affair, decides on revenge. Oh, and she's a good friend of warpylol too, er and someone who races pigeons.

Nyah! Imagine!

She must still be around somewhere.... Eep! Shocked
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aja
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So about Mr. Zipp...

I missed the chat with Jeromy and so I just read the chat log today. He said in chat that he thought the "Mr. Zipp puzzle" was easy, but wouldn't say what/who he meant by that.

So I got to thinking. The first introduction we had to Mr. Zipp was the email sent to Maddy and the video "Immerse Myself." Should we go back to that email/video and study it more carefully? Maybe there is something obvious that we are missing. I get the feeling from the discussions with Jeromy that WHO is Mr. Zipp is important.

Ok, off to re-watch videos...
QtheC
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Zipp free association...

Skipper Zipp (from the Dr. Seuss book)
zip = zip code
zip = zero, nothing, nil
zip = zip-line (the kind you ride down on)
zip = speedy movement, perhaps in a cartoon
zip = zipper, zip up clothing, a tent, luggage, a bag
zip = zip your lips (silence)
zip = zip-gun (crude homemade gun)
zip = kill?
Zipp, Madd (similar pattern of letters)
Zip p = zippy
zip = zippo lighter
zip = zip file (compressed data file)
zip = vintage Zip electric guitars http://www.jhs.co.uk/zip.html
Zipp = "Zipp Speed Weaponry" (company that makes racing bicycle parts see zipp.com

From Dictionary.com :

–noun
1. a sudden, brief hissing sound, as of a bullet.
2. Informal. energy; vim; vigor.
–verb (used without object)
3. to move with a zipping sound.
4. Informal. to act or move with speed or energy: I'll just zip upstairs.
–verb (used with object) Informal.
5. to convey with speed and energy: I'll zip you downtown on my motorcycle.
6. to add vitality or zest to (usually fol. by up): A little garlic zips up a salad.

–verb (used with object)
1. to fasten or unfasten with a zipper: Zip your jacket. Zip open the traveling case.
2. to enclose or free by doing up or undoing a zipper: Zip this money into your wallet. Zip me out of my dress.
–verb (used without object)
3. to become fastened or unfastened by means of a zipper: a handy purse that zips shut.
4. to do up or undo a zipper.
–noun
5. a zipper.
–adjective
6. utilizing or having a zipper: a coat with a zip front.

–noun
1. zero or nothing: The score of last night's hockey game was 4–zip.
–verb (used with object)
2. (in sports) to defeat by keeping an opponent from scoring: The home team was zipped again yesterday.

–noun
1. zip code.
–verb (used with object)
2. to zip-code.

zip (v.1)
"move rapidly," 1852, of echoic origin. Zippy is first attested 1904. Zip gun "homemade pistol" first recorded 1950.

zip
1. To create a compressed archive (a "zip file") from one or more files using PKWare's PKZIP or a compatible archiver.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Maddison Atkins: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: