Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Response #1
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Maddison Atkins: Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeromy
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 8:56 am    Post subject: Response #1 Reply with quote

I started this as a new thread, because I thought it might spark more conversation. That said, feel free to move it if it needs to be in a different spot.

http://one.revver.com/watch/255307/flv/affiliate/85821

responding to Lurker by way of ignatzmouse:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6u4VnjIbpk
kittenishtrance
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for answering!

You're funny, by the way.
Hippie
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow that was a long response, with conflicting answers, we got a yes, but it wouldve took 2 things, and a maybe, its tough to know.... lol

aww poor maddi, if only we couldve done something...
Jeromy
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah.... sorry about that. It's a response that conflicts with itself. I hope that's ok. Without talking in detail about the plot, I can't give a clear answer.

I feel bad, but I have to be mysterious to a point.

But to be clear, from my point of view it would have taken the watching community combined with "outside" response to bring about an alternate ending.

Could the community on its own saved her? It would have been VERY difficult, but it could have. That's why you get the maybe.

Jeromy
Hippie
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the clearification! That is what I assumed anyway...

I hope you are keeping track of what WE couldve done in the end to have saved her! it would be interesting, up-the-road to be able to release to everyone just exactly how things couldve been diverted, and what your gameplan was for the story if that happened...
Samara
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this guy.

He's just like my husband and his relatives. Is it something in the east Texas water?
Samara
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
But to be clear, from my point of view it would have taken the watching community combined with "outside" response to bring about an alternate ending.

Not that I expect him to confirm this, but it sounds as if what he's saying is that an LG15 character would have needed to acknowledge Maddision in some way, perhaps even just somebody like NikkiB to bring it up, since we know that Bree et all do, in fact, watch NikkiB's videos.

And it seems ironic, considering that the LG15 storyline is now in Texas.

And it was very clear that the characters were not acknowledging Maddison in any possible way...so that's the "feel" I'm getting from his answer.

Why makes me wonder, Jeromy, were yyou trying to get the attention of the Creators with this? Or, was it more for fun?

Last edited by Samara on Thu May 03, 2007 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total
deagol
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, first response and you already kinda answered my "musical" question.

So you killed her because of money, I see. Very nice of you. Razz

Isn't there any other way though? Revver ads? product placement? sponsors? In the end, isn't that exactly what "the creators" (or whomever else could've saved Maddy) are trying and in a way losing focus on the quality of the product?

There's a numbers problem as well. You may have a thousand viewers (or a hundred thousand), but only a few dozen are actually involved in the interactive side of it, probably less than a hundred. So, maybe a hundred thousand eyeballs could provide the ad revenue to subsidize the experience for the few active players. Now, even if you don't hit the thousands of eyeballs, you'll still have a dozen players enjoying the show.

Perhaps I'm wrong about these assumtions, but it's really hard to get a substantial enough audience for monetizing this kind of media succesfully. On the other hand, I'm sure (hope) you'll notice a spike on your music sales. I'll probably buy your music, as it's probably the easiest way to help you keep this going. Smile
Luminous
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeromy wrote:
yeah.... sorry about that. It's a response that conflicts with itself. I hope that's ok. Without talking in detail about the plot, I can't give a clear answer.

Could the community on its own saved her? It would have been VERY difficult, but it could have. That's why you get the maybe.

Jeromy

What I hear you saying is that in order to allow Maddison to live you would have needed to attract the revenues necessary to sustain production. Is that correct?
Jeromy
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deagol wrote:
Haha, first response and you already kinda answered my "musical" question.

So you killed her because of money, I see. Very nice of you. Razz

Isn't there any other way though? But revver ads? product placement? sponsors? In the end, isn't that exactly what the creators (or whomever else could've saved Maddy) are trying and in a way losing focus on the quality of the product?

There's a numbers problem as well. You may have a thousand viewers (or a hundred thousand)., but only a few dozen are actually involved in the interactive side of it, probably less than a hundred. So, maybe a hundred thousand eyeballs could provide the ad revenue to subsidize the experience for the few active players. Now, even if you don't hit the thousands of eyeballs, you'll still have a dozen players enjoying the show.

Perhaps I'm wrong about these assumtions, but it's really hard to get a substantial enough audience for monetizing this kind of media succesfully. On the other hand, I'm sure (hope) you'll notice a spike on your music sales. I'll probably buy your music, as it's probably the easiest way to help you keep this going. Smile

Thanks. You are welcome to buy the music if you wish, but it is only a small hobby for me, and FYI Dave (of Jeromy and David) is moving out of town for work, so this chapter of my "music career" is over too.

Yeah you are right - the story would have to be sponsored. Audience wouldn't cover the cost. I was trying to guess how many people were enjoying it. The lurkers vs the participants. I think abou 40-50 were hardcore followers/players, and maybe 200-400 people were just kind of keeping up with it.

Maybe this is a better way to look at it

about 400 watching on YT/Revver
about 100 following in the forums
about 30-40 in the chat

It's hard to be sure how accurate these numbers are.

Whatever the case, I am beside myself at how many people tuned in and enjoyed what was happening. I really can't believe it.

Jeromy
Jeromy
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luminous wrote:
Jeromy wrote:

Jeromy

What I hear you saying is that in order to allow Maddison to live you would have needed to attract the revenues necessary to sustain production. Is that correct?

Yes! and then in one very unlikely plot scenario, .. no. I wish I could fill in more blanks for you. One day.
Hippie
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey man, this is like a drug, so I got $10, give me my fix! Wink
Luminous
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeromy wrote:
Luminous wrote:
Jeromy wrote:

Jeromy

Yes! and then in one very unlikely plot scenario, .. no. I wish I could fill in more blanks for you. One day.

So if you were able to arrive at a viable business model, is there any possibility Maddison and Adam could be "Resurrected", or would you need to move forward with new characters?
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For my money, you can'be beat the Wayne's World-eque drink from the Starbucks cup.

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.
Bagged, tagged, sold to the butcher at the store.
Jeromy
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't say. I'm committed to story before finances. It may be my fatal flaw.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Maddison Atkins: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: