How Dumb Am I?
|How Dumb Am I?|
|Date Posted||February 26th, 2007|
|Description|| I found some really interesting artwork here at Jonas's vacation home. It was on my mind all night and I wasn't able to sleep. I guess you could say it inspired a little bit of perspective on things...|
|Location(s)|| Jonas's cabin|
|YouTube Tags||LG15 lonelygirl15 daniel danielbeast jonas jonastko dumb symbol opaphid order duped tricked jerk|
|Executive Producer(s)|| Miles Beckett, Mesh Flinders, Greg Goodfried, and Glenn Rubenstein|
|Producer(s)|| Amanda Goodfried|
|Director(s)|| Glenn Rubenstein|
|Executive Story Editor|| Glenn Rubenstein|
|Vidplay|| Glenn Rubenstein|
|Story|| Miles Beckett, Mesh Flinders, Greg Goodfried, and Glenn Rubenstein|
|Editor(s)|| Glenn Rubenstein|
|Music|| "Truth Has Failed" by Love Equals Death|
|Bree||Jessica Lee Rose|
|Previous||"Cracked The File"|
|Next|| "Bree Is Crazy"|
|Previous by Bree|| "Men Are From Mars"|
|Next by Bree||"Sorry Jonas"|
(Bree is sitting alone, addressing the camera.)
Bree: So much has happened in the past year that... I haven't even wanted to think about it, let alone try and figure things out. My father used to tell me that a science is something that can be explained. There's a logic and consistency, methods, steps, formulas and results, but history is full of things that we can't explain or even understand really, but we know that they happened. My dad always said that... our beliefs were how he made sense of the unknown, and our faith in something greater is what allowed us a glimpse at a much bigger picture that we could never even understand in this lifetime. And yeah, the last time that I saw my father he told me that a person can be so comfortable with everything they don't know that they just stop asking questions altogether, even though they know all the facts tell them that they should. He told me not to make that mistake. Since that day, I've been in such a messed up place that I haven't even been able to follow my father's advice. In fact, I must be so easy to fool, I won't even ask the most obvious question when I'm walking right into a trap. Given how elaborate the Gemma thing was, I shouldn't have been surprised that there was a backup in place. This symbol (Bree holds up the two-legged Watcher symbol) was in that picture that Daniel decoded. So why is it here? It got me thinking and asking questions for once. And it all fits. His parents disappeared at sea? With my parents gone, what, were we supposed to form some kind of "orphan bond"? That whole "sensitive" thing, always trying to get me to open up. Everything that he has ever said to me has been a lie. Another attempt to control me, to, to...keep an eye on me. I've finally had enough. Whoever is watching this, I have Jonas, and he's not going anywhere until he tells me everything. Right now, I'm just deciding where to begin. I really was clueless before, but that dumb girl... died... the day that you killed her father.
- The symbol on the object that Bree holds up is the two-legged Theta Pi ligature, rather than the three-legged Theta Mu ligature that is the symbol of the Watchers. The meaning of the Theta Pi ligature is explained in On The Road Again.
- Bree's New Zealand accent slips out a couple of times in this monologue.
- It's unclear how Bree would have been able to physically restrain Jonas, who is a trained boxer.
- The original script for this video was four pages, although only two pages worth of footage were shot. In the extended version, Bree would have started out being emotional and ended up tying up Jonas. This video would have been about four to five minutes in length. Instead, this video ended up as a Monday video, while the videos during rest of the week explained what had happened.
- This video was intended to provide justification for Bree's view of religion by talking about facts and beliefs. Writer/director Glenn Rubenstein says that his main goal while shooting this video was to get Jessica Lee Rose to a point where she could really convey Bree's betrayal. As Bree talks about how she let her faith in a person override her judgment, she is referring to Jonas.
- When Glenn went to edit this video, he found it difficult to cut stuff out and reposition it because everything was shot the same day.