It's Not Kidnapping
|It’s Not Kidnapping|
|Date Posted||May 7th, 2007|
|URL|| youtube.com |
|Description|| Julia's folder had her address inside. We went over to her house and she was there. Good thing her parents weren't.|
|Location(s)|| Jules's house|
|YouTube Tags||lonelygirl15 lg15 bree daniel danielbeast jonas jonastko julia|
|Executive Producer(s)|| Miles Beckett, Mesh Flinders, and Greg Goodfried|
|Producer(s)|| Amanda Goodfried|
|Director(s)|| Mesh Flinders|
|Camera|| Kevin Schlanser|
|Executive Story Editor|| Glenn Rubenstein|
|Vidplay|| Miles Beckett and Mesh Flinders|
|Story|| Miles Beckett, Mesh Flinders, Greg Goodfried, and Amanda Goodfried|
|Editor(s)|| Kevin Schlanser|
|Bree||Jessica Lee Rose|
|Previous||"We Found Julia!!!"|
It’s Not Kidnapping is the one-hundred eighty-seventh video in the lonelygirl15 video series. This video is correctly called "It’s Not Kidnapping", with a punctuation apostrophe (right single quotation mark) instead of a typewriter apostrophe - it resides here for easier accessibility.
(Jonas and Bree stand peeking over a cement wall at Jules's backyard. Jules is outside, messing with papers and folders.)
Jonas: Bree, this is crazy, all right? We can't just go and grab this girl. That is nuts.
Bree: That's exactly what we're going to do. Daniel--
Jonas: (addressing the camera) I really think they're going to go through with this. This is ridiculous! What are we gonna do, are we gonna walk in there and be like "Hi! We're here to take you to Six Flags, little girl. But first we wanna tie you up".
Bree: What's the worst that could happen?
Jonas: (to Bree) I dunno, uh maybe we get shot and we go to jail? (to Daniel) Look man, you're supposed to be the voice of reason here. Tell her that this is ridiculous. (to the camera) It's Texas, so maybe we could tell her we were taking her to the rodeo, and "Guess what, you're part of it! That's right, we're gonna hog-tie ya." Look at them, look at how excited they are. They love this stuff.
(Inside Jules's house, Daniel has picked Jules up and is now attempting to force her to come with him.)
Jules: (shrieking) Get off! I don't know who you are! Get off me! (Daniel covers her mouth with his hand, and she continues to shriek in terror behind it.)
Daniel: I'm gonna-- Calm down! Help me out!
Jonas: Daniel, this is ridicu-- put her down!!
(Cut to Daniel and Jules. Jules sits on the floor by the couch, crying, while Daniel bends down to talk to her.)
Jules: Get off! Stop! Stop!
Daniel: Calm down, calm down.
Jonas: This is crazy, Daniel.
Daniel: Look, listen to me. I know you're scared, I know you're scared and I'm not here to hurt you, I promise. I don't want to gag you, I just need you to be quiet and listen.
(Cut to Daniel tying Jules's arms together with rope.)
Daniel: What do you want to do?
Jonas: I don't know, but I don't want to kidnap a little girl. And not in Texas, of all places!
Daniel: Would you quit saying "kidnapping"?
Jonas: They hang people here!
Daniel: Dude, quit saying "kidnapping". It's not kidnapping.
(Cut to Bree and Jonas standing on Jules's patio.)
Bree: I know, I know, I know. It seems wrong, and legally, it is a little bit wrong, but we are helping her in the long run.
(Cut to Daniel, outside, addressing the camera. Jules lays on the floor inside a sliding glass door, tied up and looking terrified.)
Daniel: This did not go as planned. I feel horrible. (He glances back at Jules.)
Jules: (bangs on the window and screams) Help! HELP!
Daniel: She hates us, I don't blame her, 'cause she's scared. Jonas is pissed, he's not on board, and I know Bree seems like she's cold and calculating, but... she's right. I don't think you can understand it unless you've lived it.
(Cut to Jonas standing outside his car door. It is obvious that Jules is inside the car.)
Jonas: (to Jules) I'm sorry. (He slams the door shut and then turns to Bree.) How is this going to end well, Bree? How's this going to end? With us in jail.
- At 0:42, we can see a framed photograph of a couple on the wall. It is possible that they are Julia's parents.
- This video contains another attempt by BDJ to try to justify a criminal act. Bree has posted in the youtube comments that she does not believe their actions were illegal: "This isn't illegal. We are helping her so she doesn't have to do the ceremony!!! Sometimes drastic times call for drastic measures." However, "drastic times" is not a legal defense to kidnapping, though it may be argued as a mitigating factor at a sentencing hearing.
- This is the first video in several weeks to be posted on the main site and YouTube within a matter of hours and not days.
- From 1:05 to 1:31, a helicopter can seemingly be heard in the background. However, as this part of the video takes place in a residential neighborhood, it could just be someone mowing their lawn.
- The timing of this video was extremely unfortunate, coming at a time when the disappearance of Madeleine McCann was causing a media frenzy in Europe. European fans were especially outraged by the insensitive timing of the video release.