|Facility J is part of LGPedia's Community Content area, which aims to improve coverage of community-created content.|
|If you believe this page deserves a higher class rating, please see the community content assessment page or start a new conversation below.|
- 1 Comments from Brucker
- 2 Thanks Brucker :)
- 3 Correct Title
- 4 Editing by Ignatz Mouse
- 5 Video Pages
- 6 Puzzle recaps
- 7 Announcing the Keeping of the Vials
- 8 Character pages
- 9 Link Backs to Main Page
- 10 Oops
- 11 Major redesign
- 12 Other videos / puzzles
- 13 JayNineteen?
- 14 wow
- 15 DepartmentC
- 16 Update on FJ
Comments from Brucker
Luminous, I have a few suggestions and/or questions, but take it with a grain of salt, since I'm not following the Facility J story line closely.
1. I think there are too many sections on the page. Is there a way to consolidate them? In particular,
- A. If the discussion threads are discussing specific videos, it makes sense to me to put the link with that video's information in some way. Are they?
- B. The "important links" are character-specific, so why not make a character section listing the characters with links to their personal pages after their names and/or descriptions?
- C. "Locations" is a single sentence. Does it really need to be separated from the intro paragraph?
2. I'm not sure why there is a separate section for Walter's videos. If his videos are part of the story, then shouldn't they be listed in order with the others?
3. Even though we're only putting this on a single page at this time, do you think it might be nice to have a template for these videos (albeit a very different sort than we've been using on other videos) that would give a little more style and uniformity to the page?
Thanks Brucker :)
I'm new to editing WIKI's. I read them alot, but I dont't know much about editing protocals and techniques, as this is the first page I've authored. You just taught me alot. I welcome your advice. And thanks for cleaning up the page. It's much improved!
The game is Facility J, the mIRC chat is #FacilityJ, and several of the video tags are FacilityJ. Facility J should be the name of the page, but it would be nice if someone types "FacilityJ" into the search, that they would be directed to the "Facility J" page. - Luminous Home|Luminous Talk 22:24, 5 April 2007
- Cool, thanks for clearing that up. Both "FacilityJ" and "Facility J" will take you to this page.--Jonpro 17:38, 5 April 2007 (CDT)
Editing by Ignatz Mouse
I did some first spring cleaning today. I tidied up the Forum Discussion links, and added a bit of text to the "Chemical J" section bringing us slightly more up to date on "the cure".
Blahblablee has done some work on editing video pages, but I'm not sure how to access them. As soon as the video pages are complete we will link to them, thereby reducing the clutter on the main page. -Luminous (Home/Talk)
- Thanks for pointing that out, I was going to suggest splitting the video transcripts off to a separate page. Glad it's already part of the plan... -IgntazMouse (Home/Talk)
- Ahhh I knew i heard my name... Ok well I left off here... http://www.lonelygirl15.com/lgpedia/index.php?title=Catalyst_%28Find_Him%29 ... I got...distracted...I intend to pick back up on that... -Blahblablee
I added more puzzle recaps -- some I had to cobble together out of bits of discussion forum, as we don't have a good summary page. We could do with a discussion of the techniques used, especially codon/shift encoding. -IgntazMouse (Home/Talk)
Announcing the Keeping of the Vials
Do we want to edit that so that we are not announcing that we are returning them to Op...Who knows if the PM reads this or not... basically I'm saying the PM can get the jump on us and screw with us before we screw with him :p
- That text was just a placeholder for once the vials turn up - I'm hoping they're in the mail... I think the PM reads the forums anyway, so must know what we're up to. -IgntazMouse (Home/Talk)
We need pages for WalterDW and TravelerJ19. Rather annoyingly, TravelerJ19 is currently a link to the main Facility J page. We'll have to undo that redirect and hope not too much breaks... -IgntazMouse (Home/Talk)
- I created a temporary solution, since I don't know how to do the redirect, by putting a space between Traveler and J19 so it reads Traveler J19. Hope this doesn't create a bigger problem.
- I changed the redirect at TravelerJ19 to point to Traveler J19 (with the space). I wasn't sure which one was correct, so if that's the wrong way around, it can be switched back. Oh, and don't worry about overriding a redirect. I just created it because there were links to the page and it made more sense to go to the Facility J page than to just a blank page.--Jonpro 22:50, 9 April 2007 (CDT)
I added screencaps to the Walter and M.Y.Lady pages, and made the main page character list a table, similar to the AphidPedia table. At some point, I think we should make our own FJPerson template, and stop using the AphidPerson template. --Ignatzmouse 14:31, 10 April 2007 (CDT)
Link Backs to Main Page
- Hmm, you mean in the top line (like "NAME OF VIDEO is the xxth video in the Facility J ARG Series")? Sounds like a good idea. I might be able to get those done with the LGBot... I'll give it a shot. And thanks to everyone who's been helping out with the Facility J stuff. I must admit I'm rather hopeless when it comes to the ARGs.--Jonpro 22:50, 9 April 2007 (CDT)
I just undid an edit to the main JPedia page, which had deleted the last third or so of the page (everything from the middle of the drops forward). I assume that was an accident! --Ignatzmouse 13:11, 10 April 2007 (CDT)
- Did a bit more tidying up, the page is a lot more balanced now. It would look prettier if I removed the dates from the Forum entries. --Ignatzmouse 19:42, 11 April 2007 (CDT)
- I edited the templates for videos and people to match the monochromatic front page. --Ignatzmouse 13:32, 12 April 2007 (CDT)
Other videos / puzzles
I added the "Other videos" and "Other puzzles" sections. --Ignatzmouse 20:46, 15 May 2007 (CDT)
Is JayNineteen part of the Facility J canon? -FH14
DepartmentC video is missing on youtube--modelmotion 11:40, 9 February 2008 (CST)
Update on FJ
In order to be totally fair Facility J should probably be treated on par with RedEarth88 and Maddison Atkins. This may not be what you want to hear, but from a historical perspective it is probably pretty accurate. We already have a lot of information in place and it just needs to be build out wiki style. I think that the recent videos from RevenantRed should help greatly to build out the mythos that is Facility J--modelmotion 18:16, 16 August 2008 (CDT)