Jimmy Page seems to be more of a fun factoid than a truly important figure in LG15. Page could be mentioned in the Scotland article since that's where Boleskine House is. Or Page could be mentioned in Aleister Crowley since Page is someone who was influenced by him. Crowley influenced Page and not the othe way around... so I don't think that's enough to merit his own article. Or can every famous person ever influenced by Crowley get an article? See where I'm going? OwenIsCool 01:27, 14 January 2007 (CST)
- I agree, let's merge this into Scotland and delete.--JayHenry 22:14, 14 January 2007 (CST)
- While Page may not have direct bearing on the main storyline, he may have bearing in fan fiction(and he does). He met his wife at Old Absinthe House in New Orleans(the place events occurred that inspired Aleister Crowley to write "the Green Goddess". He maintained a house here(New Orleans), with his now ex-wife. He later bought Aleister Crowley's mansion on the shores of Loch Ness. Additionally, I have done 2 or more videos directly revolving around these connections with regards to my story and chances are tremedous there will be more. As he plays a central role in more than one of my videos, I would like to see the page stay because I had a lot to add to it..as I make my way up there. While everyone that was ever influenced by Crowley doesn't deserve a PAGE..he does just based on his name. Seriously though he is a central figure in some of my unresolved arcs and once again..I'd like to see him stay. --LordGreystoke422 22:34, 14 January 2007 (CST)
- In that case, let's certainly keep the page. Go ahead and add the info to make the page more relevant. We'll probably still remove it from the Bree's religion template, as it's clear that's not the best home for it.--JayHenry 22:37, 14 January 2007 (CST)
All right, that seems like a good solution. It's relevant, but not the way it was written. Thanks for speaking up! OwenIsCool 14:15, 15 January 2007 (CST)
- I still see no relevance to the LG15 plot though. Just because Page relates to Crowley who losely relates to LG15 doesn't mean it deseves its own page. I believe only things mentioned in the show or that can be directly construed from Bree's religion should go in that big box on the right hand side of the screen with things about Bree's religion. I don't think Page should have a lgpedia page at all because as I said, he only relates to something that losely relates, he was never mentioned or even alluded to himself.
- For example, Jared Diamond works closely with Papua New Guineans and they figure in with his work. Part of his work, the Tolstoy Principle, was prominently featured in an episode. So because Diamond and some of his work was mentioned in an episode, does that mean other things related to him deserve to be listed here as well? If so, a page on Papua New Guineans needs to be made, STAT. If not, then how is this any different than Page? After all, Bree's religion is NOT Thelema so just because Page connects to Thelema doesn't mean he belongs here either. 188.8.131.52 20:42, 29 January 2007 (CST)
- The reason the article was kept was because Jimmy Page had relevance to some LG15 fanfiction. I agree with you completely that he bears little relevance to the official LG15 storyline, for the same logical reasons as you. I was who originally nominated it for deletion. However, I see nothing wrong with having an article that helps explain the plot of one of the fanfic series surrounding the LG15 phenomenon; they're a big part of it too. As for the big box on the right-hand side of the page, that's Template:Bree's religion and it will probably be deleted anyway. It contains a LOT of extraneous links that really have no say in Bree's religion (like Jimmy Page). OwenIsCool 20:50, 29 January 2007 (CST)