In Phoenician, 'pe' is symolic of a mouth, if that's helpful to anyone interpreting the two-legged watcher symbol. --Brucker 17:31, 26 February 2007 (CST)
- Thanks, Brucker. Maybe it's what they send you to warn you of impending doom. Like that mark that was put on Jack Sparrow's hand when he was cursed (Pirates of the Caribbean... II, I think). I don't want to update any more until they come up with something definite on the forum though. From the looks of it now they've found microwriting in the images...
- This article is starting to get pretty long, and if the microwriting stuff proves relevant, it'd get even longer. Any suggestions on how I could divide it up in a logical way? Not that I'd do it right away, just if it becomes necessary.
- OwenIsCool 17:39, 26 February 2007 (CST)
The two backgrounds of the .jpg files are quite similar, with stains and creases in the same places. This is more obvious if the saturation and brightness are reduced and the gamma increased, then alter the settings slighly until you can see the image in black and white clearly. Also, in AMALGAMATION, in the bottem right corner, there is a faint outline of the theta and Pi symbol, which is the same position it appears in LIGATURES. This may indicate staining of the image, as if the other was placed on top of it, but none of the other symbols from LIGATURES show up. Any thoughts? - Anto687 - EDIT: Not sure if the altered images are worth uploading, as I'm sure that they can be altered (exposure-wise) further, I just don't know where to take them. Let me know if you want to see what I see! Anto687 12:19, 27 February 2007 (CST)
- Hey Anto,
- Interesting research. You can put those images on the talk page here if you want. I just don't want to put anything in the article yet that m[ight be misleading (even if not intentionally so), because it might confuse people. Complicating things further, I'm now considering moving the detailed contents section to the Bree's disk article. If I leave it here, this page is too long and that article is empty. For now I'm sure it's fi]ne to put your pics on this Talk page, though. I'd like to see them if you have them.
- Do post your research at the forum too, I think they're still working on this!
- OwenIsCool 15:33, 27 February 2007 (CST)
Sorry about the hyperlinks, still not sure on how to load images here..
As I said above, the stains on both are very similar, and on Amalgamation, there is a faint Theta+Pi symbol in the bottom right corner, where it appears in Ligatures. None of the other symbols show up.
Also, the similarities are easy to spot if you use Safari as a browser, or any browser with tabbed browsing. Open the links in two tabs, and switch between them quickly.
I realise that one is slightly sepia. I altered it on a different machine, and had it on a disk-key. Feel free to alter and upload a new one, it's all for the greater good! Anto687 04:31, 28 February 2007 (CST)