The Deacons (commenter)
This article or section has been nominated for a cleanupThe content on this page may be overwritten or contradictory. You can help LGPedia by cleaning it up.
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Marcus
- 3 The posts
- 3.1 Life's Not Fair
- 3.2 Learning Egyptian
- 3.3 Exploring The Motel
- 3.4 Someone's Following You
- 3.5 Man In The Suit
- 3.6 Fleeing The Watcher
- 3.7 Survival Skills
- 3.8 Jonas?
- 3.9 Homeless
- 3.10 The Test
- 3.11 Back Home
- 3.12 Gemma, Who Are You?
- 3.13 Skateboarding
- 3.14 Purple Monkey Returns
- 3.15 Bree And I Hooked Up
- 3.16 Truth or Dare
- 4 References
"The Deacons" began posting in the comment board on the Lonelygirl15 website after the video Life's Not Fair. Their messages mainly warn Bree of the consequences of her running away, and beseech her to return to them. They've replied to Daniel and Gemma videos as well. At times their posts have been on the mark, leading some users to believe that they might be canon. However, their often contradictory posts, as well as their unfulfilled offer of a video from her parents, have shown them to be fanfiction. Also notable is that when "The Deacons" began posting, usernames were not fixed, which led to several unrelated people posting under the same name. When the member directory was created, "The Deacons" began posting as "Deacons", even though the usernames "The Deacons" and "TheDeacons" were listed. This ocurrence also pointed to fanfiction, as the Creators would surely have taken steps to protect "The Deacons" username if they indeed were using it.
Marcus is the self-confessed puppet master of The Deacons (commenter) spin-off and ARG.
He came forward after much suspicion from followers of the game, having single-handedly retrieved two drops from the game.
Before revealing himself, Marcus was an avid poster who seemed to love the puzzle portions of the Deacons game and was also a staunch supporter of their credibility, citing the accuracy at their posts.
This article includes images of The Deacons' posts when possible. Since they have been prolific in their commentary, sometimes there are too many posts after a certain video, or they may be too long for complete inclusion. Links to the entire post are provided when available. Not all posts by users claiming to be "The Deacons" are discussed. Before the member directory, anybody who wished to post as "The Deacons" were able to, so judgment calls will be made as to what does and does not constitute a legitimate "The Deacons" fanfic comment.
Life's Not Fair
- اوريم وتميم - Arabic for Urim and Thummin which is Latin for "Light and Truth"<ref>Wikipedia article on Urim and Thummin</ref>
- Moroni - Moroni is an angel described in the Book of Mormon. He brought the gospel of the Book of Mormon to the founder of the Mormon church.<ref>Wikipedia article on Moroni</ref>
The Deacons did not post again until Gemma's Learning Egyptian video.
Following the Learning Egyptian video, The Deacons returned and posted another comment.
- Ascend/Ascension - has a number of meanings that might apply. "Ascension" can have astrological significance, or it can refer to a person's ascending to Heaven, escaping the physical plane, or achieving enlightenment.<ref>Wikipedia disambiguation page for "Ascension"</ref>
- Nechemya - Nehemiah was a person in the Bible, believed to be the primary author of the Book of Nehemiah. He was the son of Hachaliah (Neh. 1:1), and probably of the Tribe of Judah. His family must have lived in Jerusalem (Neh. 2:3).<ref>Wikipedia article on Nechemya</ref>
Exploring The Motel
The Deacons did not post again until Exploring The Motel.
- Asmodai - semi-Biblical demon mostly known thanks to the deuterocanonical Book of Tobit; he is also mentioned in some Talmudic legends and in demonology, as he is a leading figure in the construction efforts of the Temple of Solomon. Asmodai is one of the Four Princes of Hell, specifically the reigning prince over the Eastern Regions.<ref>Wikipedia article on Asmodai</ref>
- Sonneillon - an angel of the Sixth Order, said to be the Angel of Hate.<ref>Wikipedia article on Thrones</ref><ref>Wikipedia article on Sonneillon</ref>
- Pseudomonarchia Daemonum - the Hierarchy of Demons as stated in Johann Weyer's De praestigiis daemonum.<ref>Wikipedia article on Pseudomonarchia Daemonum</ref>
- Origenes Adamantius - early Christian scholar, theologian, and distinguished early father of the Christian Church.<ref>Wikipedia article on Origenes Adamantius</ref>
- Sariel - According to the Book of Enoch, Sariel was one of the leaders of angels who lusted after the daughters of men.<ref name="Sariel">Wikipedia article on Sariel</ref>
Someone's Following You
- Grigori - group of fallen angels told of in Biblical apocrypha who mated with mortal women, giving rise to a race of hybrids known as the Nephilim and described as Giants in Genesis 6:4. Also known as "Watchers" (from Greek egrḗgoroi), the Grigori appear in the books of Enoch and Jubilees.<ref name="Grigori">Wikipedia article on Grigori</ref>
- שמיחזה - Samyaza - a fallen angel of Christian tradition that ranked in the heavenly hierarchy as the leader of the Grigori (meaning "Watchers" in Greek).<ref>Wikipedia article on Samyaza</ref><ref name=Grigori/>
- Watcher - synonymous to Grigori
- Paimon - In demonology, Paimon is one of the Kings of Hell, more obedient to Lucifer than other kings are, and has two hundred (one hundred to other authors) legions of demons under his rule.<ref>Wikipedia article on Paimon</ref>
- Location 33n57, 117w24
- Independent Order of Odd Fellows - a fraternal organization derived from English Oddfellows orders of the mid-1700s.<ref>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Independent_Order_of_Odd_Fellows Wikipedia article on the Independent Order of Odd Fellows</ref>
- Location 32n43, 117w09 - San Diego, California, USA
- Grottoes of North America - The Grotto is a colloquialism for the Mystic Order of Veiled Prophets of the Enchanted Realm, an order appendant to Freemasonry.<ref>Wikipedia "Grotto" disambiguation page</ref> Alternatively, "Grotto" may be any type of natural or artificial cave that is associated with modern, historic or prehistoric use by humans. When it is not an artificial garden feature, a grotto is often a small cave near water and often flooded or liable to flood at high tide.<ref>Wikipedia article on Grotto</ref>
- Azazel - enigmatic name from the Hebrew scriptures, possibly referring to a fallen angel or Satan.<ref>Wikipedia article on Azazel</ref>
- Nephilim - from Hebrew, meaning those who cause others to fall, nephilim are a people created by the crossbreeding of Grigori and mortal women. The term is loosely translated as "giants" and "titans" in some translations of the Bible.<ref>Wikipedia article on Nephilim</ref>
Man In The Suit
In the Man In The Suit, the Deacons posted
- Liturgy of Amon-Ra - Amon-Ra was an Egyptian god initially known as Amun. Amun was the air god, associated with the breath of life. As the popularity of Amun grew, he became known as Amun-Ra and represented the hidden aspect of the sun<ref>Wikipedia article on Amon-Ra</ref>
- Yomyael - according to the Book of Enoch, another leader of the Grigori.<ref name=Grigori/><ref>Wikipedia article on Yomyael (redirects to "Book of Enoch")</ref>
Fleeing The Watcher
- Worshipful Master - presiding officer of a Craft or Blue Lodge of Freemasons<ref>Wikipedia article on Worshipful Master</ref>
- Volume of the Sacred Law - in Freemasonry the Volume of the Sacred Law is always displayed in an open Lodge. It can be whatever religious text that lodge chooses to display.<ref>Wikipedia article on Freemasonry</ref><ref>LGPedia article on Freemasonry</ref>
- Member directory was in place. Began posting as "Deacons".
- Manteuomai - transliteration of manteuvomai, meaning "to act as a seer, deliver a prophecy, divine."<ref>Definition of "manteuomai" from lightsource.com</ref>
- Galatians - likely refers to Saint Paul's Epistle to the Galatians, a book from the New Testament.<ref>Wikipedia article on the Epistle to the Galatians</ref>
- Assembly of the Sacred Wheel - a legally recognized Wiccan non-profit religious organization based in the Mid-Atlantic region. It has 6 covens, one of which might be in operation in the area that The Deacons are instructing Bree to seek.<ref>Assembly of the Sacred Wheel official website, sacredwheel.org</ref>
- זהריןאל - Sariel (in Aramaic)<ref name=Sariel/>
- Location 33n57,117w24
The Deacons did not post again until Jonas?.
- Yale's Coat of Arms - The coat of arms of Yale University has the motto "Light and Truth" (in Hebrew) on it. This also translates to "Urim and Thummin", which is the name the Deacons have been using for Bree. Their mention of Yale's coat of arms might be symbolic of Bree.<ref>Wikipedia article on Yale</ref>
- Zephaniah - prophet whose work (The Book of Zephaniah) focuses on the day of the Lord and the judgement of God on the entire world.<ref>Wikipedia article on Zephaniah.</ref>
- Pinpoint micro asset tracker
- Location 34° 1′3.35″N 118°28′34.68″W -The coordinates are for Woodlawn Memorial Cemetery in Santa Monica. Address: 1847 14th Street, Santa Monica, CA.
The Deacons' mention of Jonas as Samyaza created some confusion because previously they said the Watcher's name was Samyaza (see the Fleeing The Watcher section of this article). "We know that the watcher's name is שמיחזה."
- Location 33.595925-117.587665
- Aleister Crowley
- Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn
- Fires of Molech
- Novus Ordem Seclorum
Gemma, Who Are You?
- Double ouroboros
- Star of David
- The Cross
- lytic transformation
Purple Monkey Returns
Bree And I Hooked Up
Truth or Dare
Thank you for the posted information. They do not suspect a thing. We have the location. The time is soon. For now continue to watch. You have done the Order well.
- Though this post greatly varies from the usual writing style of the Deacons, it's certain that this is authentic since at the time of this post, the member directory was in place.