General Chat Rules
- Use common decency.
- Do not spam the channel, use colors, bold, underline or italic or type in all caps.
- No impersonating characters, ops or other users.
- Keep the room PG-13.
- Minimize profanity.
Special Character Chat Rules
- This set of rules is currently a draft. You are encouraged to comment on it, either here or in chat.
Character Chats are ingame events. As such, you are expected to treat the characters as if they were real people, and their backstories reality. Essentially, you are supposed to role-play.
- Do not mention production issues, like actors, seasons, episodes, out of game information, etc., etc. During the character chat, the Breeniverse is reality. Mentioning these things disrupts the flow of conversation and breaks everyone's suspension of disbelief.
- Treat the characters realistically. Don't randomly ask characters for their sexual orientation, penis size, what fruit they would be, or similar, totally unrelated issues.
- Don't be ridiculous. That includes, but is not limited to, asking characters for their opinions on wild, implausible theories, like "Sibylla, are you Bree?".
- Keep things on topic.
For participants, that means focusing on the character, his or her reason for the being in chat, and following the intent and tone of the Character Chat, rather than descending into shenanigans like throwing textual ice cream at the characters.
For non-participants, that means moving any other topics either to other rooms or to PM. As long as #LG15chat is the official LG15 chat, official LG15 events take priority and overrule everything else.
- In order to ensure visibility of the characters as well as equal opportunity for everyone to interact, application of the General Rules will be stricter than under normal circumstances.