Hey, just saw that you've now made 200 edits. Thanks for all the hard work! You ought to put a little something on your user page.--JayHenry 13:17, 13 December 2006 (CST)
- 1 Categories
- 2 Redirects
- 3 Welcome...
- 4 Beach Bum?
- 5 Facility J
- 6 Bot
- 7 bitsie
- 8 previous and next by ...
- 9 Images
- 10 Contacting You
- 11 Banning 205.188.116.*
- 12 lost work
- 13 Helping Out
- 14 redesign
- 15 Your status update
- 16 Question for Miles
- 17 Is it True
- 18 KateModern Video Blog Template
- 19 Lonelygirl15 Missions or Maybe another name
That userbox was also made with you in mind. Glad you liked it! OwenIsCool 18:03, 17 February 2007 (CST)
Whoa, I didn't realize my moving the ceremony page would cause so many double redirects and such. Thanks for getting those! OwenIsCool 17:47, 18 February 2007 (CST)
- Why redirect the Strange Tag pages? Did I miss a discussion? -BRUCKER (Home/Talk/Contribs) 19:01, 7 March 2007 (CST)
... to the admin club. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. --JayHenry 14:06, 8 March 2007 (CST)
-- Well, Daniel's new video is up on Revver. I also had started the video thread for it. (Also, when I get a new message like this, do I add it to the talk page of the User who sent it to me or what?)
- No problem. It happened yesterday too with "Sorry Jonas"--Chelseyrl 5:08pm, 8 March 2007 (CST)
Thanks for letting me know about the history part. I'm a wiki noob, and there is much I don't know. One of our team members was working on a recap that wasn't full fleshed out yet. Also, I had set up several links with xxx's as markers for her to fill in the blanks. She had wanted to add some content, and didn't know how, so I was trying to teach her. Maybe this isn't good wiki protocol, I don't know, but It was the only way I could think to do it without doing it for her. Any way, I know your intentions are good. And I know the risks of being edited mercilessly, so it's all good :) - Luminous
How does the bot work exactly? Do you pick the pages it edits or does it find them automatically? --JayHenry 23:03, 14 March 2007 (CDT)
- Cool, thanks for the explanation. It looks like it's a real shame that we didn't think of doing this earlier! The whole lonelygirl15.com site has been really crawling for me. It seems to be faster now so I'll try to authorize it right now. --JayHenry 23:34, 14 March 2007 (CDT)
hey, any reason you removed the external links?--Skeeta 01:53, 15 March 2007 (CDT)
previous and next by ...
*looks at recent changes*
You know, this kind of stuff is exactly the reason there's a "bot" flag...
Thanks for the tip. I wondered how others could upload and categorize simultaneously! I'll cast my eyes over the various location pages some time... The little galleries in the discussion pages are a nod to the triple thumbnails you get on the "All Comments" sections on YouTube. It provides a nice header for a mostly textual page. Glad you like them. Psmith 18:01, 5 April 2007 (CDT)
About the Bunker discussion page Missour Jonpro, I wanted the image to show; I did a screen capture. also, while i'm at it, i think i cought a good screen shot for "They seem a little rough... but they're not so bad". http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t41/Nieriel_Manwathiel/bree2.jpg sorry; i need to learn how to do images!! --Nieriel.Manwathiel
Hey, I was just wondering if there was some way I could contact you off the wiki? I've got some ideas on how to help you with things, etc. but I dont really want to have to deal with a billion back/forth public posts. So uh... I dont really know how to ask this without coming off as a stalker... but is there some other way to contact you? An AIM/MSN/YIM... or even an e-mail address? Something we could do more... "privately" and quickly. Thanks. --Zoey 00:21, 16 April 2007 (CDT)
- Yeah, when you're on my user page you can click on "E-mail this user" on the left menu. That will open up a form where you can send me an email. Really, though, if it's stuff related to the wiki, it's probably best to talk about it somewhere here. You can leave a message on my talk page or on the talk page of the article that you want to work on or at LGPedia:Lucy's Balcony or wherever. That's not to say I don't want you to email me (that's perfectly fine), but if it's something that other people might want to weigh in on, you should probably do it here.--Jonpro 00:27, 16 April 2007 (CDT)
- Ah okay no, I do know to generally contact publically. This was more related to some of the things I noticed you were personally working on and how I could help. I figured specifics might just take up other people's times :P So yeah, I'll send you an e-mail tommorow. Thanks. --Zoey 01:26, 16 April 2007 (CDT)
- Ok, cool. Thanks.--Jonpro 01:31, 16 April 2007 (CDT)
JonPro, rather than banning each individual IP that he uses to vandelize with, how about banning the whole 205.188.116.* subnet. I don't think we have any other users that would block -misty 19:25, 23 April 2007 (CDT)
- Hmm, is that even possible? I'm not sure if it is. And even then, it's probably best to only block IPs that actually vandalize. It's not that hard to revert edits and block individual users.--Jonpro 19:35, 23 April 2007 (CDT)
- Yes, you can ban ranges of IPs with *s. I've had to do it for some forums I run a couple of times. Normally I'd say to ban them individually.. but this person does seem to have some sort of vendetta against you.. maybe you should just ban the range? Just a thought :P --Zoey 20:19, 23 April 2007 (CDT)
- It's a tempting idea, but remember he's been using many different IPs, including many that are not in the 205 range at all. It's quite easy to use the internet through a proxy, although it does slow down your connection a lot. I think blocking IP ranges would not stop him, while still limiting access to honest people that won't understand why they can't edit. Jonpro rocks and no loser with a lame vendetta against him can change that. OwenIsCool 20:49, 23 April 2007 (CDT)
- Ah, thanks OiC. I actually find this person kind of amusing. I can't think of many things more pathetic than picking on a person he doesn't even know over the Internet for no apparent reason. Anyway, good idea Misty, but I think OiC makes a good point.--Jonpro 21:22, 23 April 2007 (CDT)
- Just being silly, sorry! --Milowent 22:12, 23 April 2007 (CDT)
- gaw, we <3 Jonpro. May I say that you've handled this extremely professionally and have been very mature about it. I don't want to bring more attention to the issue than necessary, but that had to be said. OwenIsCool 23:29, 23 April 2007 (CDT)
- Just being silly, sorry! --Milowent 22:12, 23 April 2007 (CDT)
your little minor edit on the character redesign caused me to loose over a half hour of work, how do I prevent edit conflicts?
Thanks, that will be of help. I wish I knew of the inuse template before -misty 12:04, 6 May 2007 (CDT)
OK, if you guys are happy with me helping out "whenever you can and that's all you can do" then I'm happy. Just give me some notice as to when you switch it on and some sort of tutorial on the new functions would be useful. Oh and thanks for the kind comments! Psmith 18:40, 9 May 2007 (CDT)
LOL: I just made the template. - I would like to make this universal. I think the bot could accomplsh that easily: insert:
at the top of each page, and replace
== <title> ==
-misty 12:13, 12 May 2007 (CDT)
- I think it will look really good on the video pages, with a little work. check out Redesign_test. it's a little beyond me to figure out how to fix the spacing problem but maybe you know what to do. -misty 15:15, 12 May 2007 (CDT)
Another problem that I just discovered: when I click on the edit link in the subheader tit brings up a blank edit box. before i turned it into a template it brought up the source in the edit box. -misty 21:25, 12 May 2007 (CDT)
Your status update
Aw, Jon, I've been wondering where you went! Hope everything in your new "status" is a happy thing though. And uh, don't go totally vanishy on us... we neeeeed you xP. Hehe. --Zoey 00:17, 24 May 2007 (CDT)
- Awww, thanks Zoey. And yeah, everything's going good... it's more just that I won't be able to get on the computer as much as I used to. And no worries about me leaving completely, I'll always be hanging around and scanning recent changes if nothing else. Anyway, I'm glad you think you need me, and the same right back to you :).--Jonpro 00:53, 24 May 2007 (CDT)
Question for Miles
If we're supposed to conjure up a new design, it'd help to know the colorscheme they're going to use for KateModern.
Is it True
That lgpedia is looking for new admins. Not that i want it but there are people that i want to have that position. Such as Misty or SilverBullet. Houdini 01:34, 16 July 2007 (CDT)
- I don't think your opinion alone is decisive for who's becoming an admin here and who doesn't.
- Zoey addressed your "nominations" on your talk page already. The fact that you are trying to play one admin against another only gives them more reason not to trust your nominations.
- I agree, Renegade. And I think Zoey summed it up pretty well on your talk page, Houdini. I suggest you read that.--Jonpro 15:47, 16 July 2007 (CDT)
hey i didn't see that message until after i wrote this message so renegade i am not trying to play them against eachother and jonpro i saw it and zoey i'm sorry
KateModern Video Blog Template
On the template, because i don't know how to do this can you make it so that the forum links are KateModern forum links, because it links to the posts on Lg15's forum. - Houdini
- Okay, Houdini, relax please. There is a lot of stuff that needs changing over with the redesign, and it is being done as fast as we can manage. These things take time, as it is such a massive project, so just be patient and trust that we won't forget about anything. (And if we do, well, wait to make sure that we're actually DONE before pointing it out. If we are, THEN feel free to post your concerns.) But pointing out ALL of the things that need to be done atm = not helpful. Like I said, massive project, working on getting everything done as soon as we possibly can. --Zoey 00:39, 24 July 2007 (CDT)
Lonelygirl15 Missions or Maybe another name
Hey i think i am going to start a missions page for lgpedia. All the missions for lg15. - Houdini
what i mean is like all the mission BDJ had to go through like capturing jules - houdini
Oh hey Jonpro I saw you made a bot for LG15Pedia I just wanted to know how did you make it?--LB15 19:13, 24 July 2007 (CDT)